Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

X-Men the Animated Series on DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Men the Animated Series on DVD?

X-Men the Animated Series [TV-Series 1992-1997] on DVD ever? I think disney owns the rights? Here Any word on picture quality of this release or if this will be released as season sets?
oh yeah and if your a fan of the X-men comics like me don't waste your money on POS third film "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"
Old 05-27-06, 06:02 AM

I'm pretty sure that is just a bootleg. Probably really poor quality.
Old 05-27-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There have been three single disc releases, but no word yet on season sets...maybe one day...
Old 05-27-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

...some day....
Old 05-27-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
What was with the Universal releases-did they own the rights or did Buena Vista made them stop?
Old 05-27-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm surprised this hasn't been released because of the three films. I know some other company than Fox owns them, but still whatever company would release them would make some good money on the tie in to the films.
Old 05-27-06, 01:10 PM

Universal originally had the VHS release rights and dumped a few discs out before Disney took over the release rights.

fitprod
Old 05-27-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Just a couple fanmade seasons..
Old 05-27-06, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They just put the whole 3rd Season of X-Men Evolution out.
Old 05-28-06, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They just put the whole 3rd Season of X-Men Evolution out.
This is probably a really stupid question, but as I've only seen the feature films, I am wondering which of the two series is better and which one are the movies more based off ? thanks!
Old 05-28-06, 06:06 AM

This is probably a really stupid question, but as I've only seen the feature films, I am wondering which of the two series is better and which one are the movies more based off ? thanks
Well its a matter of taste.. I prefer the 1992-1997 Series its allot like the comics I don't really care for the drawing style or the storyline on X-Men:Evolution its almost as bad as The Batman. Then again I dislike the third and first film .. X2 was almost perfect!
Old 05-28-06, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked the stories in the 1990s series a bit better, but I disliked the art, not to mention some of the 90s inspired costumes (especially Jean Grey's awful one). I thought the art on X-Men Evolution was really good.
Old 05-28-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd
This is probably a really stupid question, but as I've only seen the feature films, I am wondering which of the two series is better and which one are the movies more based off ? thanks!
Evolutions is definatly inspired by the movies in some of the character designs. The 90's series is the comic animated with designs.

Artwork and animationwise, I think Evolutions is miles ahead of the 90s series. The 90's one wasn't animated as well as it could have been and I always had issues with the coloring. It seemed they forgot how to do shading most of the times. Evolutions had pretty good animation and good consistent coloring.

Storywise, if you want the comic books more or less animated, go with the 90's series. It seemed that many of their stories had been done before in the comics. Evolution took a fresh take on the beginnings of the X-Men with most of them still high-school students. Of the main characfters, Prof. X, Logan, Beast and Storm were the adults with Cyclops and Jean seniors in school. Kittly, Rouge, Nightcrawler, etc were probably freshman/sophmores in highschool. There stories seemed to be more origonal instead of based on comic stories (there probably were some but I didn't know).
Old 06-01-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been downloading these for nostalgia's sake. They hold up better than average for kid's cartoons. Not as well as Batman or Superman animated, but still better than most.

I'd buy it on DVD in a minute.
Old 06-08-06, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
So I see there's an evolution season 3 set... are there other season sets? Do the individual DVDs make up the whole first two seasons, or are they missing some eps?