Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Kevin James: Sweat The Small Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Kevin James: Sweat The Small Stuff

Why is this DVD going for so much on Ebay?

I've had this DVD for a while because I think this special is hilarious, but I didn't know it was so "rare".
Old 01-19-06, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since you've been here for a year and a half, I'll be the first to introduce you to the search feature. It's in that bar at the top of the page...near the right side. You can either type something in that field, or you can click "advanced search," which will lead you to a page where you can enter specific criteria by which you'd like to search.

Give it a shot. If you do an advanced search of "Kevin James," in the DVD forum, you'll end up getting 26 hits. Most of them are threads dealing with Kevin Smith, James Dean, and the like. However, if you scroll through, you'll find this thread that will answer any questions you may have. Speaking of which, what was your question again? If it was, "why is this going for so much on eBay," it seems like you answered your own question in your initial post. Because it's "rare."

Hope that helps, and happy searching in the future.

-JP
Old 01-19-06, 04:11 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Since you've been here for a year and a half, I'll be the first to introduce you to the search feature. It's in that bar at the top of the page...near the right side. You can either type something in that field, or you can click "advanced search," which will lead you to a page where you can enter specific criteria by which you'd like to search.

Give it a shot. If you do an advanced search of "Kevin James," in the DVD forum, you'll end up getting 26 hits. Most of them are threads dealing with Kevin Smith, James Dean, and the like. However, if you scroll through, you'll find this thread that will answer any questions you may have. Speaking of which, what was your question again? If it was, "why is this going for so much on eBay," it seems like you answered your own question in your initial post. Because it's "rare."

Hope that helps, and happy searching in the future.

-JP
Sarcastic answers.........This is why I pretty much stopped posting long ago.
Old 01-19-06, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by biggdaddee
Sarcastic answers.........This is why I pretty much stopped posting long ago.
Gotta love it. Of course you have to take pity on someone ignorant enough to reference a search feature that only works what... half the time?
Old 01-19-06, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Gotta love it. Of course you have to take pity on someone ignorant enough to reference a search feature that only works what... half the time?
In that case, you also have to love those "ignorant" moderators and administrators who put a rule in place requesting that people attempt to search for prior threads on a topic before starting a new one. Oh, and that other rule about personal attacks. I hope you "pity" those guys, too.

Perhaps my post was laced in sarcasm, but that's only because I grow tired of seeing myself and numerous others post exact the same thing over and over again. It's one thing if the person is new to the forums. I've never offered a sarcastic response to a new member who'd just never seen the rule. But when somebody has 2,500 posts under their belt, and misses a thread asking the exact same question (with practically the same title, even...so it wouldn't have been difficult to find in a basic search), then I don't feel a bit of remorse for wording my post in a way that might actually sink in.

-JP
Old 01-19-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But why post the sarcastic answer if you said earlier that the mods take care of it anyway? I know this thread is off topic and I apologize for continuing the tangent, but why would you search that topic yourself, find an old thread and repost it sarcastically if you're not a mod?

Back on topic, I think Kevin James is hilarious and didn't know he had a DVD so I'm tempted to see if I can get a hold of this.
Old 01-19-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just for the record, I thought it was farily common knowledge to anyone with an interest in this that it's been OOP and going for big dollars quite a while.
Old 01-19-06, 03:27 PM
Banned

Yep, I've only seen it once in my travels. Got it for $5, sold it for $85, and that was before the big buzz.
Old 01-19-06, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by bravesmg
But why post the sarcastic answer if you said earlier that the mods take care of it anyway? I know this thread is off topic and I apologize for continuing the tangent, but why would you search that topic yourself, find an old thread and repost it sarcastically if you're not a mod?
I knew there was an old thread, having read it...so I figured I'd find it and link it so he could read through there and get all of the information he was looking for (and so it would be there should the mods run across this thread and decide to merge the two).

Anyway, sorry for the OP for the sarcasm, but after 2500 posts I figured you knew full well that there was a search feature and just didn't make the simple effort of finding the thread yourself. I get agitated when people constantly have to report posts like these to the mods or point out that there's a search function...so I use sarcasm to further express the point I'm trying to make (the point being, put forth the minimal effort it takes to find your own answers). No need make a federal case out of some tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, but my apologies to the OP (and all of the bystanders who seemed to be, erm...rattled for some reason).

-JP