Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Jackass Box Set - some music changes, missing stunts/gags.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-05, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's pretty good...Went thru all 3 volumes. But not the bonus disc yet. It's not 100% complete, but real close I guess.

Some things that didn't show up:

*Stun Gun
*Milk challenge w/vomiting
*Shock collar
*Poo at restaurant - Knoxville adds poo to plate and complains to waiter.
*Pontius wearing Devil costume
*Wee man as Oompa Loompa (sp?)
*Knoxville breaks ankle jumping stream
*Knoxville on BBQ, then they eat the steaks
*Knoxville gets hit with flamethrower

Changed songs:

*The Mullet
*Fat F***
*Body in trunk
*Sumo Wrestling
*Johnny Coxville

There's probably other things I missed. With so much here, it's difficult to be certain.

Last edited by sirbrady; 12-07-05 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-07-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The Devil bit is excellent. Sad that is gone along with some of the others. I have all of these on recorded off of the TV and will probably just stick with that for now.
Old 12-07-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I don't understand the reasoning for cutting some of that "shit" out. do you have to pay royalties on poo?
Old 12-07-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember seeing a bit they did that they used The Misfit's Hybrid Moments but the dvd had something else. Shit ain't right.
Old 12-07-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't watched the disks yet. Does it have the Human Bar-B-Q skit? I rememeber it from the first few episodes and they never showed that one again. Probably some retarded 10 year old tried it and died.
Old 12-07-05, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by resinrats
I haven't watched the disks yet. Does it have the Human Bar-B-Q skit? I rememeber it from the first few episodes and they never showed that one again. Probably some retarded 10 year old tried it and died.
Wow, that's not on it. Time to edit...
Old 12-08-05, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

can someone explain the new jackass releases to me?

i have volumes 2 and 3. now i see that volume 1 and this box set are out.. is this box set just the 3 volumes plus a bonus disc? or is the content of the 3 volumes and the box set different?
Old 12-08-05, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mkdevo
can someone explain the new jackass releases to me?

i have volumes 2 and 3. now i see that volume 1 and this box set are out.. is this box set just the 3 volumes plus a bonus disc? or is the content of the 3 volumes and the box set different?
This should answer everything.....
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4114
Old 12-08-05, 09:18 AM

I knew I didn't buy this set for a reason.
Old 12-08-05, 09:55 AM

is this still edited as far as no cursing and bluring images?
Old 12-08-05, 10:03 AM

edit

Last edited by K Tm S; 05-10-10 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-08-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by sirbrady
It's pretty good...Went thru all 3 volumes. But not the bonus disc yet. It's not 100% complete, but real close I guess.

Some things that didn't show up:

*Stun Gun
*Milk challenge w/vomiting
*Shock collar
*Poo at restaurant - Knoxville adds poo to plate and complains to waiter.
*Pontius wearing Devil costume
*Wee man as Oompa Loompa (sp?)
*Knoxville breaks ankle jumping stream
*Knoxville on BBQ, then they eat the steaks
*Knoxville gets hit with flamethrower

Changed songs:

*The Mullet
*Fat F***
*Body in trunk
*Sumo Wrestling
*Johnny Coxville

There's probably other things I missed. With so much here, it's difficult to be certain.
Consider those missing skits are probably the only reason I would bought the set in the first place, I'm saving my money for more drugs.
Old 12-08-05, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Consider those missing skits are probably the only reason I would bought the set in the first place, I'm saving my money for more drugs.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the show, but the list above pretty much covers the skits that I remember watching!
Old 12-08-05, 11:00 AM

I finished watching the first disc and most of the second and I'm pretty disapointed. The commentary is ok, if you can put up with Steve-o and Bam almost get in a fight because Steve-o is like ok "Now Phil pretend you're asleep" and "Wow! I bet he didn't expect that!". I'm glad I have them all downloaded on my computer unedited. It's not too bad, but could have been much better. It's stupid why the commentary is censored, yet there are a few fucks in there that they forgot to bleep out. A truly half-assed release.
Old 12-08-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by scottp120
I finished watching the first disc and most of the second and I'm pretty disapointed. The commentary is ok, if you can put up with Steve-o and Bam almost get in a fight because Steve-o is like ok "Now Phil pretend you're asleep" and "Wow! I bet he didn't expect that!". I'm glad I have them all downloaded on my computer unedited. It's not too bad, but could have been much better. It's stupid why the commentary is censored, yet there are a few fucks in there that they forgot to bleep out. A truly half-assed release.
I'm really not surprised about the half-assed release considering Paramount's the one releasing it. (In my opinion Paramount's a good movie company, but real shitty when it comes to releasing stuff on DVD) And I also agree with you about the commentary. The first 15 mins are ok, then they start screaming at each other and it becoms almost unlistenable (not sure if thats a word or not). I think they should have either had less people in the commentary or split the group in half and gave each group their own.
Old 12-08-05, 01:19 PM

I wish the CKY crew had a seperate commentary and Knoxville, Pontius, Wee-Man and the rest had another commentary. That would be SO much better.
Old 12-08-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Why am I not surprised?

They've been fucking up the Beavis and Butthead releases for years now.

I can't believe they cut out the Pontius in the devil costume. That was fucking gold.
Old 12-08-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I can't believe they cut out the Pontius in the devil costume. That was fucking gold.
yeah, I was watching that last weekend on MTV2. Hilarious. I guess I'll have to keep my original versions of vol 2 & vol 3!
Old 12-10-05, 09:40 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
yeah, I was watching that last weekend on MTV2. Hilarious. I guess I'll have to keep my original versions of vol 2 & vol 3!
Do you mean that the original versions of Vol 2 and vol 3 include segments that have been cut from this release, including the Devil skit?
From what I understand, the volume 2 and 3 in the box are longer than the originals, but I don't have the originals to compare.
If they are longer in the boxset, I don't see why you would want to keep the originals unless there is something on them that isn't on the new ones.
Old 12-10-05, 02:21 PM
Banned

GREAT question! Anyone know?
Old 12-10-05, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Volume 2 and Volume 3 were supposed to represent Season 2 and 3 of the show? IIRC, the "devil suit" skit was from Season 1 (which I thought was "Volume 1").
Old 12-10-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dick_grayson
I remember seeing a bit they did that they used The Misfit's Hybrid Moments but the dvd had something else. Shit ain't right.
I love the old Misfits, but come on there is no way the music rights to Hybrid Moments can be very expensive. That is just being cheap for no good reason.

As far as a lot of the cut out skits, if its just an issue with getting clearance I don't see why they don't just blur out the faces of the people they didn't clear and release it that way.

As already mentioned the VHS recordings of this and Beavis and Butthead will be the only versions I will worry about owning.
Old 12-10-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Paramount just took a Parashit on us the consumers. They need to get it together. As said before, "this shit aint right." Soon they'll need to change their name to parasite since they leech us for our cash.
Old 12-10-05, 06:58 PM

I think the extra features and adding cuts make this set worth it for sure, especially if you get in for the Circuit City price (and PM at BB with Rewards Certificates =p). Can't wait to watch this soon.

+Danny
Old 12-10-05, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
A few missing skits wasn't enough to keep me from buying and enjoying this set.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.