Reload this Page >

Is there a match list for the Superstar Billy Graham dvd yet

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-01-05, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
Has any one seen a match list for the Superstar Billy Graham dvd coming out in January. There was a profile of him on WWE 24/7 in Nov but since I have Direct TV I missed it I know they showed MSG matches with Dusty Rhodes & Mil Mascaras which would be great to have on dvd. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 12-24-05, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bigheadrusty
Hi
Has any one seen a match list for the Superstar Billy Graham dvd coming out in January. There was a profile of him on WWE 24/7 in Nov but since I have Direct TV I missed it I know they showed MSG matches with Dusty Rhodes & Mil Mascaras which would be great to have on dvd. Thanks in advance for any info.
WWE 20 Years Too Soon: The Superstar Billy Graham Story

Run Time: 180 minutes (90 min. main program + 90 min. of extras)

Release Date: January 17, 2006

Superstar Billy Graham helped usher in a new era of sports-entertainment, with his bodybuilder's physique, colorful costumes and banter on the mike. His innovative style has been liberally borrowed for the last 25 years by the likes of Hulk Hogan, Jesse"The Body"Ventura, Triple H, and many more. Relive his remarkable run with interviews with Superstar himself as well as fellow competitors. Come along for the meteoric rise and spectacular fall - through to today, where a new lease on life has led to Superstar's 2004 induction into World Wrestling Entertainment's Hall of Fame.

Over 1 1/2 hours of extras including classic Superstar Billy Graham promos and six complete matches, including:

• Bruno Sammartino World Wide Wrestling Federation Championship 4/30/77

• Ivan Putski World Wide Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Championship 8/29/77

• Dusty Rhodes Texas Death Match for the World Wide Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Championship 10/24/77

• Bob Backlund World Wide Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Championship MSG 11/21/82

http://www.wrestlingupdateonline.com/dvds/index.html
Old 12-30-05, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, here's the complete match & extra listing.

World Wrestling Entertainment's DVD dedicated to former WWWF champion Superstar Billy Graham "20 Years Too Soon" will be released nationally on 1/17/06. The DVD, which is available now in the PWInsider.com Online Store for pre-orders, will feature a documentary on Graham's career as well as the following matches:

*WWWF champion Bruno Sammartino vs. Superstar Billy Graham (Baltimore, Maryland 4/30/77, Graham's title win)

*WWWF champion Superstar Billy Graham vs. Ivan Putski (Madison Square Garden, 8/29/77)

*WWWF champion Superstar Billy Graham vs. Dusty Rhodes - Texas Death Match (Madison Square Garden, 10/24/77)

*WWF champion Bob Backlund vs. Superstar Billy Graham (Madison Square Garden, 11/21/82)

Superstar Billy Graham vs. Armando Rodriguez (AWA All Star Wrestling, 8/25/73)

*Superstar Billy Graham vs. Angel Rivera (AWA All Star Wrestling, 10/6/73)

The DVD will also feature six promos in the Extra section, listed as:

"I am the arm wrestling champion of the universe." 10/6/73

"These hands can crush coconuts."

"I don't want you to ask me any questions" 8/27/75

"This is the beauty of a champion" 6/27/77

"I am the most colorful man in all of wrestling" 9/3/85

"The people want the real thing" 9/10/85

"The comeback" 11/29/86
Old 01-02-06, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the info, i was hoping for a multi disc set with more matches but this should be good ive read that the documentary portion is very good. Hopefully there will be more dvds of WWWF-WWF stars of the 70s & 80s
Old 01-03-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know this is fast becoming one of the most anticipated wwe dvd's of all time....

But for those interested. Here's a link to the trailer for the dvd.

'Superstar' billy graham dvd trailer