WrestleMania Box Set information!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WrestleMania Box Set information!

Old 06-18-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
I thought of it but I don't know where to send the letter to
I hope this helps. These are multiple contacts for WWE.

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/contacts.jsp
Old 06-18-06, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I hope this helps. These are multiple contacts for WWE.

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/contacts.jsp
Thanks, I will write a letter to them tonight or tomorrow
Old 01-19-11, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 714 Likes on 584 Posts
Re: WrestleMania Box Set information!

The box set is out of print and the anthology individual sets each cost around $69.

I own Volume 1 and 2 but I never opened them but I am curious if I should leave them untouched since they might fetch top dollar in the very near future?

Does the WWE ever plan to rerelease these sets or new versions?
Old 01-19-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I own Volume 1 and 2 but I never opened them but I am curious if I should leave them untouched since they might fetch top dollar in the very near future?
This is what i hate about some people's view on making money. Collecting Wrestling DVDs is about opening, watching and enjoying them. Leaving them sealed for 5-10 years just for the purpose of reselling so it can be worth few bucks in the future is ridiculous.

I see "greed-bay" having WWE Blu-rays costing like $50+ saying "rare, hard to find, etc", i'm glad these will be worth nothing but the cost price or even lower since all other places are releasing them in couple months (HIAC, Bragging Rights, John Cena, Survivor Series). The others have been released already, and now are fetching next to nothing on "greed-bay". Glad sellers will be stuck with those copies.
Old 01-19-11, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by sg2386
This is what i hate about some people's view on making money. Collecting Wrestling DVDs is about opening, watching and enjoying them. Leaving them sealed for 5-10 years just for the purpose of reselling so it can be worth few bucks in the future is ridiculous.

I see "greed-bay" having WWE Blu-rays costing like $50+ saying "rare, hard to find, etc", i'm glad these will be worth nothing but the cost price or even lower since all other places are releasing them in couple months (HIAC, Bragging Rights, John Cena, Survivor Series). The others have been released already, and now are fetching next to nothing on "greed-bay". Glad sellers will be stuck with those copies.
No need to be a dick about it. Guy just asked if it would be worth it for him to keep them sealed and if WWE was planning to rerelease them in the future. Who are you to tell anyone what they should and should not do with their collection? Stuff that they paid their own money for? You didnt answer his question at all. All you did was make some bitchy comment about what you thought his intentions were.
Buying and reselling is the basis of capitalism. Are you a communist? Do you not know the very basics about buying and selling of goods? The idea as a seller is to buy low and sell high. The idea as a buyer is buy low. It isnt rocket science here, even though it does seem to be above you.

To the alpaca, I dont know for sure that there are definite plans to rerelease these sets in the near future. But I dont have a doubt that they will be re released in the future, maybe on blu ray. There is no way that WWE wont attempt to capitialize on their crown jewel as much as they can.
Old 01-19-11, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool
No need to be a dick about it. Guy just asked if it would be worth it for him to keep them sealed and if WWE was planning to rerelease them in the future. Who are you to tell anyone what they should and should not do with their collection? Stuff that they paid their own money for? You didnt answer his question at all. All you did was make some bitchy comment about what you thought his intentions were.
Buying and reselling is the basis of capitalism. Are you a communist? Do you not know the very basics about buying and selling of goods? The idea as a seller is to buy low and sell high. The idea as a buyer is buy low. It isnt rocket science here, even though it does seem to be above you.

To the alpaca, I dont know for sure that there are definite plans to rerelease these sets in the near future. But I dont have a doubt that they will be re released in the future, maybe on blu ray. There is no way that WWE wont attempt to capitialize on their crown jewel as much as they can.
I think it would happen something like with the vhs collection. you can find them relatively cheap by now. The only stuff worth keeping sealed if you want to sell in a future would be the Vince McMahon signed edition box set.
Old 01-19-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386

Why do you care? As long as there are impatient people who will gladly pay a premium rather than wait a bit there will be people on "greed-bay" (stupid tired term, btw) who will take advantage of said impatient people. No one is putting a gun to their heads and making them pay inflated prices for items. IMO there is nothing at all wrong with capitalizing on it. These are DVD's, not items necessary to survive.
Old 01-19-11, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 714 Likes on 584 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-19-11, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A Blu ray release would be pointless, up until the past few years WWE has only used 480i video cameras for production.
Old 01-19-11, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
A Blu ray release would be pointless, up until the past few years WWE has only used 480i video cameras for production.
Except for the fact that they could probably put a few WMs on each disc and sell them that way.
Old 01-19-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've yet to see a single commercially released Blu-ray of any kind where it was just SD content put onto BD as a means to take advantage of the huge increase in storage capacity. With wrestling being such a niche product, I see zero chance of WWE doing anything like that.
Old 01-20-11, 06:56 AM

I would say it's safe to assume that WWE will release another Wrestlemania set in the future, probably between Wrestlemania 30 & 31, as 30 is a nice round number, or they could have an odd number and have a disc float around the box like the last set.

While most older events may never be re-released, Wrestlemania is THE event and has already had up to date sets released on VHS and DVD. If the existing set and volumes are OOP, they will proably go up in price until a new set is announced (whether it be on DVD, BLU or something else is anyone's guess). After that they will probably drop like a rock. I only see possible value in the non-blurred releases.
Old 01-20-11, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From what I understand ever since 2000, a film camera has been present at WM to document the event. (Some speculate the upcoming WM documentary blu ray will feature this filmed footage.) But each event was filmed with one or two cameras, probably not enough angles to release each event as a whole.

The only way I see them releasing BD filed with SD content is if BD completely takes over the market. (Which probably won't be anytime soon.)They could fit around 4 -5 full events on one disc.
Old 04-24-12, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I've yet to see a single commercially released Blu-ray of any kind where it was just SD content put onto BD as a means to take advantage of the huge increase in storage capacity.
Yea, I wonder why. You'd think it'd be a no brainer.
Old 04-25-12, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I've yet to see a single commercially released Blu-ray of any kind where it was just SD content put onto BD as a means to take advantage of the huge increase in storage capacity. With wrestling being such a niche product, I see zero chance of WWE doing anything like that.
Originally Posted by Class316
Yea, I wonder why. You'd think it'd be a no brainer.
Indeed. I remember the early days of Blu there was talk of entire TV seasons on one disc.
Old 04-26-12, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Indeed. I remember the early days of Blu there was talk of entire TV seasons on one disc.
There's no money to be made in it. People with blu-ray capability would be upset with the quality, and people without blu-ray wouldn't be able to play it. The cost of making 2, 3, or 4 DVDs isn't much more than making 1 blu-ray, and everyone can play the DVDs.

As for the WWE themselves, they've pulled back on releasing blu-rays already. The only PPVs that get blu releases now are what, Mania and the Rumble? The last survivor series didn't even get a blu release in the U.S., and that had The Rock in his first match over 7 years.

WWE is moving in the digital direction. The first 15 WrestleManias were released on PSN for $10 a pop. It's a bit too much for me to try out as I already own the box, but it'd be interesting to see if they've gone back and remastered them since they did the box set. They got much better at the blurring and changed far less music on the Rumble, SummerSlam and Survivor Series anthologies, so it'd be nice if they fixed that for Mania as well.
Old 04-30-12, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
WWE is moving in the digital direction. The first 15 WrestleManias were released on PSN for $10 a pop. It's a bit too much for me to try out as I already own the box, but it'd be interesting to see if they've gone back and remastered them since they did the box set. They got much better at the blurring and changed far less music on the Rumble, SummerSlam and Survivor Series anthologies, so it'd be nice if they fixed that for Mania as well.
Due to the blurring there will never be good releases. Thankfully WM 15-18 all have non-blurred DVD releases. So only 14 is left.