Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The One & Only DOCTOR WHO DVD Thread (8th Incarnation)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The One & Only DOCTOR WHO DVD Thread (8th Incarnation)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrwilson
I wonder if they'll release a boxset in R2 too. I've been checking amazon.co.uk for one all summer.
The Key to Time boxset will be released in R2 before it is released in R1....
Old 08-16-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by evenswr
The Key to Time boxset will be released in R2 before it is released in R1....

I think he was talking about the Torchwood: Series 1 set. Not The Key to Time.
Old 08-16-07, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm curious what the Torchwood episodes will be like in the US. They are going to have to cut so much lewd content it's not going to be funny. Especially that one scene with the "cool" guy in bed. Isn't that bad, I can't even identify all of the characters.
Old 08-16-07, 06:54 PM

Owen?

I dont remember them....this show was there just to pass the time as series 3 was shooting
Old 08-16-07, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So similar news, but not exactly dvd...it looks like you can watch all of the Series 1 episodes on Netflixs' "Watch Now" feature.
Old 08-16-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evenswr
Yes, it's been confirmed that R1 will get the special editions of the Key to Time.
I just started watching Doctor who with the 9th Doctor on the sci-fi channel (never seen a single episode until then), and decided to start watching as much as I could from the beginning. I stopped when I got to the 4th Doctor and saw the huge gap which is the Key to Time story arc, so I guess I'll just have to stop watching when I get there until it is released.
Old 08-25-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From Outpost Gallifrey:

DVD Release date

Website play.com have listed the 1975 story Planet of Evil for release on 15 October 2007.

The 1979 Tom Baker story, Destiny of the Daleks has been passed for DVD release by the British Board of Film Classification. Extras passed include a feature called Davros Connections and the Prime Computer adverts recorded by Tom Baker.

According to play.com this story is due for release on 26th November 2007. As well as being available separately, the release will also be part of an eight disc, Davros Box Set

Thanks to Dave Huddleston, Joe S Stewart and Paul Lee.
So happy to see the Prime ads on the Daleks disc!!
Old 08-25-07, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by dan30oly
I just started watching Doctor who with the 9th Doctor on the sci-fi channel (never seen a single episode until then), and decided to start watching as much as I could from the beginning. I stopped when I got to the 4th Doctor and saw the huge gap which is the Key to Time story arc, so I guess I'll just have to stop watching when I get there until it is released.
If you thinks thats a huge gap, you should have stopped watching with the Troughton era....tons of stories are missing and making them incomplete.
Old 08-26-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bah - the R2 boxart for S3 is so much better than R1. I love it!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/i...n=283926&s=dvd (possible spoiler if you haven't seen full series yet)

Btw, I added some comments on S3 as a whole in the S3 thread over in TV talk.
Old 08-26-07, 11:37 PM

Nope, its said that the release will have both versions. One side of the cover will have Martha and the other....well ^ What you have up there (as to avoid spoilers)

Since the US hasnt shown the concluding episodes yet, I guess they went with the non spoiler side of the cover for the press releases boxset images.

Even if we just have the Martha cover, I think its the better version since it keeps in style with the previous releases as companions and Doctor on the cover.
Old 08-27-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Seriously? Again?

http://www.gallifreyone.com/
Old 08-27-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superman07

Yep. Again. This is like the 5th time Steve's done this. 2nd time in the past couple years.

At least he's honest this time about his interest waning. I've talked to him at past Gallifrey Conventions and the last few, he's been pretty "bitchy." The rumors going around (outside of the Gally boards) is that he's not getting noticed enough after keeping the Who fire burning during the shows off-years. Spurned.

Last edited by The Valeyard; 08-27-07 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-27-07, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Yep. Again. This is like the 5th time Steve's done this. 2nd time in the past couple years.

At least he's honest this time about his interest waning. I've talked to him at past Gallifrey Conventions and the last few, he's been pretty "bitchy." The rumors going around (outside of the Gally boards) is that he's not getting noticed enough after keeping the Who fire burning during the shows off-years. Spurned.
Sounds very weak. Very unfortunate since it appears to be such a popular and well made site. I fear with the split that the strong sections will survive (forums/news) while the others will wither or at a minimum be less quantiative(convention/guide).
Old 08-30-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Torchwood News from Outpost Gallifrey:

Torchwood DVD Extras

SCI-FI WIRE has announced a list of the features to be included in the series 1 release of Torchwood. The boxed set is scheduled to hit the shelves on January 8, 2008.

The bonus features include Welcome to Torchwood; Torchwood on the Scene; Torchwood Out of this World; Torchwood Sex, Violence, Blood and Gore; Torchwood on the Road; The Team and Their Troubles; Torchwood: Moments in the Making; The Captain's Log; Torchwood on Time; and Torchwood Declassified. The DVD will also feature deleted scenes, audio commentary on all 13 first-season episodes and outtakes.

The US premier of Torchwood is Saturday, September 8 at 8:00 pm CST on BBC AMERICA.
Old 08-30-07, 05:47 AM
Banned

Can someone point me to the last(v7.0?) thread? Search is coming up with nothing, and the continuation link in v6.0 is broken.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-07, 05:49 AM
Banned

Nope, its said that the release will have both versions. One side of the cover will have Martha and the other....well ^ What you have up there (as to avoid spoilers)

Since the US hasnt shown the concluding episodes yet, I guess they went with the non spoiler side of the cover for the press releases boxset images.

Even if we just have the Martha cover, I think its the better version since it keeps in style with the previous releases as companions and Doctor on the cover.
Old 08-30-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Who Season 3 Extras (TVSHOWONDVD):

a few minutes ago, the Sci Fi Wire (a news service of The Sci Fi Channel) has posted a story that talks about the DVD extras for Doctor Who spin-off, Torchwood. The bottom of that story also reveals more details about the supplements on Doctor Who - Season 3 than Warner Home Video had previously provided.

Featurette "Freema Agyeman Tour of the Studio"
Featurette "David Tennant's Video Diaries"
Outtakes
Deleted Scenes
Video of the First Rehearsal of the Season's Finale
Audio Commentaries
Easter Egg of the Doctor's message from the episode "Blink"
I think it's absolutely brilliant they are putting the Doctor's message from Blink as an easter-egg!
Old 08-30-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's absolutely brilliant they are putting the Doctor's message from Blink as an easter-egg!

That's awesome! I can't wait to have a conversation with the Doctor!
Old 09-03-07, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Virgin Megastore UK has put up the cover for the Infinite Quest DVD:

Old 09-03-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Virgin Megastore UK has put up the cover for the Infinite Quest DVD:

What exactly was/is this? A webside compilation, or another project entirely? More kids oriented? Has it already been on/aired and now the dvd is simply hitting?
Old 09-03-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What exactly was/is this? A webside compilation, or another project entirely? More kids oriented? Has it already been on/aired and now the dvd is simply hitting?

Infinite Quest was an animated serial that aired in twelve weekly parts (three and a half minutes each) on Totally Doctor Who during Doctor Who's third series. The serial was then shown altogether along with the 13th finale episode giving it a 45 minute running time.

It featured the voices of David Tennant, Freema Agyeman and Anthony Head.
Old 09-05-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Virgin Megastore UK has put up the cover for The Invasion of the Bane DVD:

Old 09-26-07, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

R2 News: Davros Boxset - 26 November 2007

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...25/49095.shtml

Davros Boxset

Full details of the special DVD release.

As we reported last week, 2Entertain - in association with Big Finish Productions - have announced very limited edition eight disc Davros boxset.

Only 10,000 individually numbered DVDs sets will be released.

The Davros Collection contains all five classic Doctor Who Davros stories, including an exclusive special edition of Remembrance of the Daleks; all 7 Davros audio stories plus an exclusive brand new audio story - The Davros Mission; plus a host of special features including an exclusive documentary.

Genesis of the Daleks (discs 1 and 2)

Contents as per existing release.

Doctor Who: Destiny of the Daleks (disc 3)

Special features include:

Commentary with actors Lalla Ward and David Gooderson, director Ken Grieve
Terror Nation - documentary about writer Terry Nation, creator of the Daleks, and his work on Doctor Who With contributions from producers Barry Letts and Philip Hinchcliffe, script editor Terrance Dicks, director Richard Martin and Dalek voice artiste Nicholas Briggs
Directing Who - director Ken Grieve recalls his time on this story
CGI Effects - providing the option to watch the story with seventeen of the original video effects sequences replaced by CGI versions
Trails and Continuity - BBC1 trails and continuity announcements from the story's transmission, including the specially shot trailer heralding the return of the Daleks
Photo Gallery - production, design and publicity photos
Prime Computer Adverts - Australian TV adverts for Prime Computers, starring the Doctor and Romana
Coming Soon
Resurrection of the Daleks (disc 4)

Revelation of the Daleks (disc 5)

Remembrance of the Daleks Special Edition (discs 6 and 7)

Although "Remembrance of the Daleks" is already available as a single DVD, this box set exclusively contains a 2-disc special edition of the story. This special edition of Remembrance of the Daleks features a host of extras including:

Commentary with actors Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred
Back to School - Cast and crew talk about the making of the story accompanied by rare behind-the-scenes material
Remembrances - Cast and crew talk about the influences and references to other Doctor Who adventures that are spread throughout the story
Extended and Deleted Scenes
Outtakes
Multi-Angle Sequences - allowing the viewer to watch Ace's escape from the Chemistry lab and the Daleks blowing up the large gates from one of two camera angles
Trails and Continuity
Photo Gallery
Isolated Music
Radio Times Listings
Subtitles
Dolby Digital 5.1 mix
Disc 2 contains a brand new documentary Davros Connections which takes an in-depth look at the history of the Daleks' creator, Davros.

Davros Audio Stories (disc 8)

This special edition box set contains an exclusive compilation of all 7 Davros audio stories plus an exclusive brand new audio story - The Davros Mission written by Nicholas Briggs. In this new audio drama, specially commissioned for this box set, Davros is taken by the Daleks for trial and imminent execution. But even in his darkest hour, he finds allies and an insatiable cunning to survive...

Matthew Parkes, Marketing Manager at 2Entertain said "Big Finish Productions have produced some terrific audio plays featuring this most iconic of villains. We are delighted to have had the opportunity to work with them to produce this definitive collection."

26 November 2007, priced at £99.99.
Old 09-26-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

R2 Update: Planet of Evil - October 15th, 2007

Planet of Evil
DVD and Video
September 10, 2007 • Posted By Jarrod Cooper
The BBC have released full information on the upcoming release of the classic Fourth Doctor story, Planet of Evil. Featuring Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen, the DVD is slated for release on October 15th, 2007.

Special Features Include -

Commentary with actors Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Prentis Hancock (Salamar), and producer Philip Hinchcliffe.
Planetary Performance - a look at the making of the story from an actor's perspective.
Studio Scene - the only surviving behind-the-scenes footage from the story.
Old 09-26-07, 06:55 AM

I hope those other Davros disc will be available seperately.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.