Creature Comforts: The Complete First Season 09.27.05

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Creature Comforts: The Complete First Season 09.27.05

From Davis DVD

Creature Comforts

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced Creature Comforts: The Complete First Season for release on September 27th. take a glimpse into the secret lives of animals - their hopes, their dreams and their complaints - in this spin-off of the brilliant short film from Nick Park and Aardman Animation (Wallace & Gromit, Chicken Run). Originally aired on British television, this first American presentation will include all thirteen nine-minute episodes on a single disc. Also included will be the original Oscar-winning short. Retail is $19.94.

Sell those OOP disc quick
Old 07-18-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great news. Can't wait. I've caught bits and pieces of a couple of times late at night on Comedy Central. I was wondering if there was a series of some sort.

BTW, Is the original Creature Comforts OOP? Even if it is, why sell? I'm not. The original has other Ardman shorts that will probably not be on the CC series disc.

Last edited by Jon2; 07-18-05 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-18-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i think the CC disc has been OOP for a few months at least...anyone confirm
Old 07-19-05, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple more extras for the CC disc have been announced. In addition to the short film, look for a behind-the-scenes featurette and "Favorite Bits" clip compilation.
Old 07-20-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
Sell those OOP disc quick
this is NOT the same thing as the oop disc. The OOP disc was probably badly titled and should have been called something like "aardman classics" like it was in R2 or something. the oop disc called "Creature Comforts" has 4 shorts on it, one of them being the original episode of creature comforts. the other 3 shorts won't be on this new release.
Old 07-22-05, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 07-28-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

from animatedbliss

From The Acclaimed Creators of “Wallace and Gromit” and “Chicken Run”…

CREATURE COMFORTS: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

13 New Episodes Plus the Original Oscar™-Winning Short
Animals Will Tell It Like It Is On September 27!

Culver City, CA (XX, 2005) – Ever wondered about what life is like for a jaguar who misses the “open spaces” or the gorilla who wishes her abode had better heating? Ponder no more! From the inventive mind of Academy-Award™ winning animator Nick Park comes CREATURE COMFORTS: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON! Sony Pictures Home Entertainment proudly presents all thirteen brilliant and hilarious episodes of this rarely-seen but always-entertaining glimpse into the secret lives of animals – their hopes, their dreams and their complaints! Filled with smart humor and a wink to the audience, CREATURE COMFORTS – THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON arrives on DVD September 27, 2005 with an SLP of $19.94.

Told in a “mockumentary” format and branded with Park’s trademark subtle and engaging sense of humor, CREATURE COMFORTS – THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON presents all thirteen 9-minute episodes on a single-disc DVD. Circus animals lift the lid on life underneath the big top, garden dwellers discuss life in the urban turf, and our feathered friends reveal the ups and downs of life in the air in compelling, first-person anecdotes.

Originally aired to great acclaim on British television and Comedy Central as well as nominated for a BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) Award for Best Comedy Series in 2004, CREATURE COMFORTS – THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON is the first American presentation of these animated shorts! In addition, the DVD includes bonus features and games, as well as the original CREATURE COMFORTS Oscar™-winning short that started it all.

CREATURE COMFORTS began life as a short subject released in 1990 by UK-based Aardman Animations. Aardman’s founders, Peter Lord and David Sproxton, had revolutionized their art form with the popular “Conversation Pieces” series, which were clay-animated films based on real-life conversations with members of the British public. Nick Park took the series one imaginative step forward by recording the complaints of British citizens and creating animals representing each doughty character, resulting in global acclaim and the 1990 Oscar™ for Best Animated Short Film. The success of CREATURE COMFORTS launched Nick Park’s career, since spawning such endearing creations as the truly odd couple Wallace and Gromit™ and the captive chickens of the 2000 theatrical feature Chicken Run.

Synopsis
From the creators of Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit™ comes CREATURE COMFORTS, a series of all-new documentary style animated shorts about the lives of wild animals and domestic pets. Interviews with these lovable creatures leave no stone unturned, no tree unclimbed, no sea uncrossed in the quest to discover what our fine finned, furred and feathered friends really think about the issues that are closest to their hearts. Now, you will finally hear their answers straight from the horse’s mouth.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Not Rated
- Color / Closed Captioned
- Running Time: 133
- Street Date: September 27, 2005
- SLP: $19.94
- Widescreen Presentation
- Language: English (Stereo)
- Subtitles: English
- Original Creature Comforts, 1990 Academy Award Best Animated Short, "Bringing Creature Comforts to Life"
- Featurette: Behind-the-Scenes
- Favorite Bits: Clip Compilation
Old 09-13-05, 05:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So just to confirm there is no/little overlap w/ the previous DVD called creature comforts?
Old 09-13-05, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I think the only thing that'll be overlapped is the Original Creature Comforts short. The other 3 shorts (Adam, Not Without My Handbag & Wot's Pig) won't be on this release.
Old 09-13-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
I think the only thing that'll be overlapped is the Original Creature Comforts short. The other 3 shorts (Adam, Not Without My Handbag & Wot's Pig) won't be on this release.
I believe you are correct.