Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Blind Swordsman

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-17, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Blind Swordsman

Criterion flew under my radar with this one. A box set containing all 25 original Zatoichi films (not including the 2004 remake). Any fans here? Anybody have this set already? I've managed to find it at my local Barnes and Noble (and with a little streak of luck) I am just in time to their Criterion Sale which takes a whopping fifty percent off the final purchase price. I've only seen pictures of the opened box but wanted some intel on the lovely art work and picture book that comes with it. Thanks!
Old 07-10-17, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: The Blind Swordsman

I had already acquired most of the Zatoichi films on DVD or VHS well before the box set came out, so it seemed kind of redundant given the price. If I ever find it cheap enough to justify, then I'll spring for it.
Old 07-10-17, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: The Blind Swordsman

I've got the Criterion box and all the HVE editions and the Animeigo discs. I've only watched a smattering though; too many other distractions. I'm still working my way through the Sleepy Eyes of Death series and that's only 12 movies (I think I finished number eight? not long ago).