Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Star Wars DVD Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-05, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars DVD Question

I was wondering do they sell separate OT DVD's? I have a problem with my "The Empire Strikes Back" DVD. Chapter 26 and the beginning of 27 are all choppy, the rest of the movie plays fine,it's just those parts. And ANH and ROTJ both work fine so I don't want to replace the whole set.

Thanks in Advance
Old 05-31-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nope. Check eBay.
Old 05-31-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sometimes you can find individual titles at Blockbuster,although they are previewed.You could try contacting the company,and ask for a replacement.
Old 05-31-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Premise
Sometimes you can find individual titles at Blockbuster,although they are previewed.You could try contacting the company,and ask for a replacement.
Yes, they sell all 3 movies PVD, but they do not sell the 4th bonus disc (well I have yet to see it). This is your best bet. My stores have at least 4 copies of each.
Old 05-31-05, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ICE-MAN
I was wondering do they sell separate OT DVD's? I have a problem with my "The Empire Strikes Back" DVD. Chapter 26 and the beginning of 27 are all choppy, the rest of the movie plays fine,it's just those parts. And ANH and ROTJ both work fine so I don't want to replace the whole set.

Thanks in Advance
What do you mean by 'choppy'? Digitizing? Breaking-up?

Have you tried cleaning the disc? You may have a bit of an oily smudge or spec of dirt or something that is affecting playback in that area.
Old 05-31-05, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'd have to agree with the other posters. Blockbuster or Ebay are your best bet. I'd lean more toward BB seeing as how many boots are floating around on Ebay though.
Old 05-31-05, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
What do you mean by 'choppy'? Digitizing? Breaking-up?

Have you tried cleaning the disc? You may have a bit of an oily smudge or spec of dirt or something that is affecting playback in that area.

Well, it just stops and starts and stops and starts, and the sound goes in and out too. And you saying that made me get the DVD I just noticed a long scratch from the center going all the way down, So that might be the problem.
Old 06-01-05, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I currently work at Blockbuster and I'll tell you, we all ready started selling those off long ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if, after the big hype with ep 3 goes down they'll sell more.
Old 06-01-05, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by ICE-MAN
I have a problem with my "The Empire Strikes Back" DVD. Chapter 26 and the beginning of 27 are all choppy, the rest of the movie plays fine,it's just those parts. And ANH and ROTJ both work fine so I don't want to replace the whole set.
My copy of ESB did the same thing fresh out of the shrink wrap: freezes and pixelates starting at Chapter 26. There's no surface marks whatsoever on mine. I watched both ANH and ROTJ without problems. Let us know if you have any success getting a working copy.
Old 06-01-05, 03:16 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It sounds like a defective disc. Have you tried to contact Fox and see if they can replace it?
Old 06-01-05, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

my return of the jedi did the same thing. had to send the whole set back to fox (they wouldn't let me just send the one movie). but they replaced it in a timely fashion.
Old 06-01-05, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paulringodaman
Yes, they sell all 3 movies PVD, but they do not sell the 4th bonus disc (well I have yet to see it). This is your best bet. My stores have at least 4 copies of each.
I picked up all 3 when BB was having one of their 3 for 25 sales. The bonus disc was in a double case with ROTJ. So they do sell it.
Old 06-01-05, 12:18 PM

Well, it looks like I may have to go the PVD route since it seems like the best option.

Thanks for the help everybody.