Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Lucas confirms that Young Indy's coming in late '05 or '06. (merged)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Lucas confirms that Young Indy's coming in late '05 or '06. (merged)

Old 07-19-05, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it looks like a grea one to me!
Old 07-21-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm NOT thread crapping....

Like all of you...I thought the movies were fantastic. I never understood the appeal of the tv show. It might have had something to do with my expectations of the show. I know I think it's a good idea to work his way through history.

What did I fail to recognize about the strength of the show.
Old 07-22-05, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Terrell
Not sure if you're making a joke or not, but if you aren't, you're asking the wrong person. Lucas isn't responsible for Howard the Duck or it's eventual DVD release. He didn't create it, write it, direct it, nor does he own it. You need to write to the studio that released it and owns it. Lucas merely lent his name to the film as executive producer to help his friends who made the film.
No joke, i thought he had full control over this movie, anyway then which studio released it and owns it..I really want this on dvd...
Old 07-22-05, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MCA put the tape out. So its a universal title. I assume it will get the movie only 9.99 dvd when it does arrive
Old 10-08-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok this has been stated in a few threads...but i wanted to put it here for the sake of everyone who doesn't keep track of the star wars thread...

Just saw this on Digital Bits:

One other interesting item to report from the event: McCallum expects there to be 22 Young Indiana Jones Chronicles DVDs in all, 3 of which have been completed. The discs will include some 66 historical featurettes, now in production. Work has been ongoing for about 18 months on the Young Indy DVDs, with about another 18 months worth of work yet to be done. If all goes well, the plan is to tie the DVD release to the theatrical debut of Indy IV (the script for which Lucas is expected to finish this Sunday).
Old 10-09-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

22 DVDs seems excessive for a 44-episode series. I can't see the 66 historical featurettes being very long, so why would they need to be on so many DVDs?
Old 10-09-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 44 1-hour episodes no longer exist or atleast will not be seen anymore. They were taken and edited together to make 22 two-hour movies. I guess they are putting 1 young indy movie per dvd with historical documentaries about the historic people in each particular movie. My Question is will these be 22 seperate dvd releases or will they put all 22 dvd's in One Box Set. Anyways listed below are the 22 movies you will get on the dvd's.

#01 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: My First Adventure
(Curse of the Jackal, Tangiers 1908)
The adventures begin when nine-year-old Young Indy is along on his father's lecture tour around the world. At an archaeological dig in the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, Young Indy finds an ancient mummy and a fresh corpse, and with help from Lawrence of Arabia he solves a mystery. For his pains, he is kidnapped by slave traders and hauled across the Sahara to the slave market at Marrakech, where he must use all his wits to escape.

#02 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Passion for Life
(British East Africa 1909, Paris 1908)
Young Indy first goes on safari to the Masai Mara game preserve in Kenya with Teddy Roosevelt and becomes lost in the vast and dangerous wilderness. Later, in Paris, he runs into a young Norman Rockwell. Together they explore the fine-art scene and the rather wilder cafe scenes of Montmartre where they watch and listen as Degas and Picasso argue violently about what painting is.

#03 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: The Perils of Cupid
(Vienna 1908, Florence 1908)
Love - well, first infatuation - smites Young Indy in colorful Old Vienna where he falls for the daughter of Archduke Francis Ferdinand. Needing emotional guidance in his own crisis, Young Indy sounds out Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung on what love is all about. In Florence, love problems show up in another way as Young Indy's mother is smitten with Giacomo Puccini, composer of such Romantic operas as La Boheme and Tosca, and Young Indy himself must scheme to be an "unmatchmaker" and get Mama safely home to Daddy.

#04 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Travels With Father
(Travels With Father)
Young Indy, now a headstrong eleven, runs away from his parents in Russia. He meets the famous novelist Leo Tolstoy and they travel together, talking philosophy and warding off Gypsies and fierce Cossacks. Shaken and eager for the security of family, Young Indy rejoins his parents and they head for Athens. He and his father visit a monastery deliberately situated on a forbidding mountaintop. They make the white-knuckle trip up the thousand-foot face of the mountain in a tiny cage, an experience that leads to a heavy father-son bonding.

#05 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Journey of Radiance
(Benares 1910, China 1910)
The elder Jones's lecture tour takes Young Indy and his parents to India, where Young Indy learns about having faith in oneself from the Theosophist philosopher Jiddu Krishnamuqi. Later on in China, where Young Indy falls desperately ill with typhoid fever, his mother learns more lessons in faith and trust from villagers whose ancient medicines must save the boy's life - if they can.

#06 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Spring Break Adventure
(Princeton 1916, Curse of the Jackal)
Young Indy has a girlfriend - Nancy Stratemeyer, whose father, Edward L. Stratemeyer, was the creator of Nancy Drew. The couple visit Thomas Edison and are quickly entangled with German spies who are hot after one of Edison's inventions that has great strategic value. Later, visiting an aunt in New Mexico during spring break, Young Indy is kidnapped by Pancho Villa and swept up in the Mexican Revolution. There's a train robbery in true Wild West style and a barroom encounter with a dashing young cavalry officer named George Patton.

#07 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Love's Sweet Song
(Ireland 1916, London 1916)
Ireland's bloody Easter Rebellion, the suffragette movement in England, a Zeppelin raid (one of history's first air bombardments), and a meeting with a rising young British cabinet officer named Winston Churchill become vivid episodes in Young Indy's life. So do Young Indy's brief but impassioned romances, first with a colleen whose brother proves to be one of the clandestine Irish rebels and then with an Englishwoman who decides that the vote comes before love.

#08 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Trenches Of Hell
(Somme 1916, Germany 1916)
Young Indy is a soldier in the Belgian Army at the Battle of the Somme, one of the war's bloodiest, with more than a million casualties on both sides. Young Indy endures artillery barrages and nerve gas attacks, then is captured by the Germans. In the prison camp he plans his escape with a young French officer named Charles de Gaulle.

#09 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Demons of Deception
(Verdun 1916, Paris 1916)
This film looks hard at the horrors of war and at the callous stupidity of army officers who sent thousands of men to their deaths at Verdun and Passchendaele for virtually no territorial gain. Young Indy must ponder the moral dilemmas of leadership, even as he falls deeply in love with the German spy Mata Hari, only to suffer the pains of disillusionment and deceit.

#10 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Phantom Train Of Doom
(Phantom Train Of Doom)
In November 1916 Young Indy is sent to Africa, where he is to meet a small, daring band of sixty-five-plus-year-old soldiers who call themselves "The Old and the Bold." Crossing enemy-held land by wagon train and by hot-air balloon, their mission is to destroy a massive German artillery piece. Tracing the gun to the mountain cave where it is concealed, they risk their lives, as in The Guns of Navarone, to destroy it.

#11 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Oganga, The Giver And Taker Of Life
(German East Africa 1916, Congo 1917)
Young Indy is on a vital mission through Africa for the Allies. In a village ravaged by an epidemic, Young Indy rescues a child from certain death. But as he fights his way cross-country, Young Indy's mission is endangered by the child, and he faces a moral quandary and a test of conscience. He then encounters the legendary doctor-musician-philosopher Albert Schweitzer and, working with Schweitzer at his hospital, he rediscovers his own humanity and reaffirms his personal values.

#12 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Attack Of The Hawkmen
(Attack of the Hawkmen)
World War I was the first time the airplane was used as a military weapon, and in 1917 Young Indy is quickly and predictably airborne in the Allied cause. He learns to fly and, working with the French Secret Service, joins the famous Lafayette Escadrille, in which many Americans served. Scouting behind German lines, he is shot down by Manfred von Richthofen-the Red Baron of both historical and Snoopy fame. On foot in enemy territory Young Indy encounters the German aircraft designer Anthony Fokker and learns about a secret weapon that could lead to German victory, unless...

#13 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Adventures In The Secret Service
(Austria 1917, Petrograd 1917)
Young Indy is a spy sent by the Allies on a dangerous mission behind enemy lines to the palace of Habsburg emperor Charles I, ruler of war-weary Austria. Young Indy moves on to an even more perilous assignment in revolutionary Russia, where he infiltrates a Bolshevik organization, endangering himself and his friends, and is forced to make hard choices between duty and friendship.

#14 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Espionage Escapades
(Barcelona 1917, Prague 1917)
Posing as a dancer for the Ballets Russes, Young Indy meets his old friend Pablo Picasso, narrowly outwits some inept German spies, and whisks off to Prague, where his assignment is to get a telephone and wait for a call - a bureaucratic impossibility until Franz Kafka volunteers to help.

#15 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Daredevils Of The Desert
(Palestine 1917)
Young Indy is sent to assist the Australians as they attack the ancient town of Beersheba. He enlists the help of a belly dancer in a suspenseful mission to defuse the explosives with which the occupying Turks have booby-trapped the city's water supply.

#16 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Tales of Innocence
(Northern Italy 1918), Morocco 1917
Young Indy's life is complicated by his incurable romanticism, as he competes with a young American journalist named Ernest Hemingway for the love of a gorgeous Italian girl. Now a spy for the Allies, Young Indy goes behind enemy lines hoping to bring off a propaganda coup that might shorten the war. Wounded in action, he makes his way to North Africa, where he is assigned to join the French Foreign Legion to root out a traitor.

#17 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Masks Of Evil
(Transylvania 1918, Istanbul 1918)
On assignment for French Intelligence in an Istanbul thick with spies and danger, Young Indy fights a Turkish plot to assassinate French agents. Then Young Indy encounters the original vampire, Vlad the Impaler, centuries old but kept young and vigorous by his do-it-yourself transfusions. Vlad and his legions of the undead bent on world domination give Young Indy the toughest, weirdest battle of his life.

#18 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Treasure Of The Peacock's Eye
(Treasure Of The Peacock's Eye)
In 1919 Young Indy takes off in search of a legendary diamond said to have belonged to Alexander the Great. The quest begins when a dying man gasps, "The eye of the Peacock!" Young Indy is stalked by a ruthless, one-eyed man as he races from London to Egypt to the South Seas, where he becomes embroiled in a vicious shipboard battle with Chinese pirates. Marooned on a remote island, Young Indy is captured by cannibalistic natives, and only the timely arrival of the famous anthropologist Bronislaw Malinowski gives him a fighting chance to save his skin and his head.

#19 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Winds of Change
(Paris 1919, Princeton 1919
World War I is over, and Young Indy, by now fluent in several languages, is working as a translator at the Paris Peace Conference, giving him - and the viewer - a ringside seat at a history-making and controversial event. The figures in view include Lawrence of Arabia, Prince Faisal of Arabia, and Ho Chi Minh, who was to loom large in American lives a few decades later. Back in Princeton, New Jersey, disillusioned by the hard and cynical realities of international politics, Young Indy discovers home-style bigotry cruelly touching his boyhood friend Paul Robeson.

#20 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Mystery Of The Blues
(Mystery Of The Blues)
Chicago in 1920 is at its most toddlin' - Prohibition, speakeasies, gangsters, and above all the joys of jazz - makes Young Indy's return to peacetime life and a belated crack at college as lively, and dangerous, as it ever was. He's working at a down-and-dirty speakeasy where the great Sidney Bechet teaches him to play jazz. Young Indy's college roommate Eliot Ness, not yet an Untouchable, helps him solve a nasty murder that gets him out of an ominous beef with Capone.

#21 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Scandal of 1920
(Scandal of 1920)
On a summer break from college Young Indy is stagemanaging a new work by George Gershwin. Young Indy gets to trade quips with the famed and razor-witted Algonquin Round Table when he is not soothing temperamental stars, romancing three different women at once, and worrying about suspicious backstage malfunctionings.

#22 The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones: Hollywood Follies
(Hollywood Follies)
Trying to earn money for his college tuition, Young Indy has a summer job as a junior executive at a studio and fights a losing battle with the imperious Erich von Stroheim over the skyrocketing costs of Foolish Wives (1922). Stifled by the system, Young Indy goes on location with John Ford, and even gets to shine before the cameras.
Old 10-10-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't know about that. Just throwing two episodes together like that... it better flow well.
Old 10-10-05, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Definitely interesting.
Old 10-10-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

thats what they did for the tapes. Its been long debated....they cut out some of the bumpers...i hope they at least add them as extras
Old 10-10-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really hope they're extras also. I'd still much rather them be in the show.. but they best be somewhere so I can get rid of my VHS!

Uh-oh.. am I starting to understand the Lucas-Star Wars-tinkering rage felt by everyone else...?
Old 10-10-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

18 more months of work?

It would be nice if they could release these every couple months along the way instead of all of them when they finish.
Old 10-10-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
18 more months of work?

It would be nice if they could release these every couple months along the way instead of all of them when they finish.
Ordinarily, I'd agree with you... but keep in mind that they gave up on the VHS releases halfway through. I'd rather these get released when I know that they're all "in the can", rather than have them put a few out and then stop because of other projects, poor sales, or whatever.

Plus there's the obvious opportunity to tie this release with the theatrical release of Indy IV (which actually may be happening, finally).
Old 03-16-06, 09:08 AM

Young Indiana Jones with 1hr doc.

Sorry if already posted but I found this at Time.com, they had a interview with Lucas.

".......Indiana Jones, another Saturday matinee hero, the icon of the three-film collaboration with Spielberg that promises another installment one of these years. He’s also preparing a DVD release of the Young Indiana Jones TV series, with a one-hour documentary on the subject of each episode"
Old 03-16-06, 09:10 AM
Retired

I read that too. Hope it pans out as that would be fantastic.
Old 03-16-06, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 0rac
Sorry if already posted but I found this at Time.com, they had a interview with Lucas.

".......Indiana Jones, another Saturday matinee hero, the icon of the three-film collaboration with Spielberg that promises another installment one of these years. He’s also preparing a DVD release of the Young Indiana Jones TV series, with a one-hour documentary on the subject of each episode"

That tidbit wasn't posted before, but there is already a thread for that title:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....+Indiana+Jones
Old 03-16-06, 09:17 AM

oh ok sorry,
anyone know how to movie it?

I wish YJones was shot in Widescreen. If made for TV today I bet it would be.

I never really watched when it was new but I would LOVE to see it now

Last edited by 0rac; 03-16-06 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-16-06, 09:21 AM
Banned

As far as I knew, it WASN'T shot in widescreen.
Old 03-16-06, 09:23 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
maybe they'd make it widescreen like 'From Earth to the Moon' -
Old 03-16-06, 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giles
maybe they'd make it widescreen like 'From Earth to the Moon' -
Or Knight Rider. I caught that on Universal HD the other night and DAMN, it looked good. How the hell did that happen?
Old 03-16-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They can do whatever they want... as long as the episodes are on the DVD as aired. That means old Indy there telling the story too!
Old 03-16-06, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by reverie
They can do whatever they want... as long as the episodes are on the DVD as aired. That means old Indy there telling the story too!
Not going to happen.

They're showing them as the re-edited versions. That's already been confirmed. Old Indy and Clive Revill no longer exist.
Old 03-16-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Not going to happen.

They're showing them as the re-edited versions. That's already been confirmed. Old Indy and Clive Revill no longer exist.

No Sale for me then. The re-edits were pasted together horribly.
Old 03-16-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

bump for a merge
Old 03-16-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles News can we also get this thread listed above out of the archives and merged with this news.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.