Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Good news, Parenthood is being rereleased! (merged)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Good news, Parenthood is being rereleased! (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-05, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parenthood (1989, Ron Howard & Steve Martin) Re-release

Does anyone know if this movie is being re-released anytime soon and possibly with WS?

Thanks.

Last edited by KKnight; 01-20-07 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-17-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it does get a re-release it will have widescreen...

nothing in site

also need a new copy of the jerk
Old 01-17-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If this ever got released I would buy it in a second. This movie has always been a family favorite for us. Also it would be kinda interesting to get the TV Show on DVD to see some of Joss Whedon's earliest work.
Old 01-17-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
also need a new copy of the jerk
I believed that an SE was announced for that for later this year.
Old 01-17-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^^^hope it holds true...wish a firm date would show up.
Old 01-17-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love Parenthood, it has been several years since I watched it. A friend of mine has it on DVD, but I don't, I would buy it W/S though.
Old 01-18-05, 08:38 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I'd love to see an SE of this one. Great flick!
Old 01-21-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

also house sitter
Old 01-22-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Definatly need a new version of The Jerk... Parenthood would be a nice follow up.
Old 04-10-05, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a quick bump, fishing for any new information I may have missed.
Old 04-10-05, 01:17 AM

Is this movie OOP or something?
Old 04-10-05, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

yes it is oop, and the dvd that is out is lame
Old 04-10-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
yes it is oop, and the dvd that is out is lame
That is why I still have a laserdisc I got in a collection I purchased. It is full Screen, but the DVD is as well and more expensive. I may pick it up if they ever reslease a decent version.
Old 04-11-05, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I keep hoping with the new pink panther movie on the horizon some of these Steve martin titles will see new light
Old 08-29-05, 02:06 PM

Good news, Parenthood is being rereleased!

one of the more underrated comdies of the eighties is being rereleased on Sept 6th. bummer is it's still a barebones release but still better than paying 30-40 on Ebay.

it is listed as a full frame release, but don't fret. this film was shot in that format and was matted for theater release. so what you see at home will actually be more than was shown at the cineplex.

Parenthood DVD release...
Old 08-29-05, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleSaint
it is listed as a full frame release, but don't fret. this film was shot in that format and was matted for theater release. so what you see at home will actually be more than was shown at the cineplex.
Hahah, ok, I won't fret. It'll look great on my widescreen tv.
Old 08-29-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

one of the more underrated comdies of the eighties is being rereleased on Sept 6th. bummer is it's still a barebones release but still better than paying 30-40 on Ebay.

Parenthood DVD release...
Is this a joke? Parenthood is already available on DVD, in useless and incorrect "full frame." Thanks for the reassurance and the quick lesson in aspect ratios, but I'll wait for a proper widescreen release.
Old 08-29-05, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Skoobooz
Is this a joke? Parenthood is already available on DVD, in useless and incorrect "full frame." Thanks for the reassurance and the quick lesson in aspect ratios, but I'll wait for a proper widescreen release.
could you be more of an ass...you could try but i doubt it. this DVD has been OOP for a couple of years, and according to IMDB.com it was filmed at 1.37 negative aspect ratio. if you want to correct me, if in fact i was wrong, that's cool. just trying to pass along news on a release i was excited about. JERK.
Old 08-29-05, 03:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
could you be more of an ass...you could try but i doubt it. this DVD has been OOP for a couple of years, and according to IMDB.com it was filmed at 1.37 negative aspect ratio. if you want to correct me, if in fact i was wrong, that's cool. just trying to pass along news on a release i was excited about. JERK.
First off welcome to DVDtalk

Second please take some time to look around and read through some of the rules http://www.dvdtalk.com/legal.html We encourage people to discuss things but it should be done in a civilized manner. The tone in this post could be considered a personal attack. You could have easily gotten your point across w/o adopting such a hostile manner.

Thanks
Old 08-29-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And everything could have been avoided altogether if SkooBooz had actually read the thread before responding.

Not disagreeing with the mod on what they said (I fully agree), but i'm just sayin'...
Old 08-29-05, 03:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
And everything could have been avoided altogether if SkooBooz had actually read the thread before responding.

Not disagreeing with the mod on what they said (I fully agree), but i'm just sayin'...
You make a good point
Old 08-29-05, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by nemein
First off welcome to DVDtalk

Second please take some time to look around and read through some of the rules http://www.dvdtalk.com/legal.html We encourage people to discuss things but it should be done in a civilized manner. The tone in this post could be considered a personal attack. You could have easily gotten your point across w/o adopting such a hostile manner.

Thanks
hey, i apologize for violating said rule, and i'll accept the rebuke in the spirit it was given and will abide by the standards that have been set upon each and every member. my offense may have been more blatant, but the poster it was directed at couldn't have been more rude even if his remark was veiled with sarcasm and general disdain.

Last edited by ScottsdaleSaint; 08-29-05 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-29-05, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Seantn

what would reading the thread do? If it's actually available already and this release is no different from the one currently out there (and really...how many of us actually give a shit about full screen releases unless it's to boycott the company), then how is it a re-release?
Old 08-29-05, 04:38 PM

i will state this one more time...this movie was shot in full screen ratio , just like the Kubrick movies,(not that i'm comparing the quality of said movie). if you want a widescreen version that was never intended, so be it.
Old 08-29-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great flick! And I'd love to add it to my collection. I'll have ta pass on a full frame/Open Matte version tho. (I hate those black bars on the right and left of my screen!)

Amazon shows "new and used copies from 18.99", and no word on a reissue. Hmmm... Gonna have ta look into it and check back with this thread a bit. Thanks tho!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.