DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Raimi SEs?

Old 09-20-04, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raimi SEs?

Can we expect to see special editions of any of Sam Raimi's films besides the multitude of existing Evil Dead SEs and Spiderman? With Spiderman 2 done, will he be focused on the third film's preproduction, or can we expect new DVDs of Darkman, The Quick and the Dead, and Crimewave's first legitemate US release?
Old 09-21-04, 02:08 AM

Bump. Good questions, I wouldn't mind a SE of Darkman or The Quick and the Dead (which I heard was on the SE wagon a while ago, but nothing since)....
Old 09-21-04, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

if studios were smart, they would try to cash in on the Raimi buzz and get some SEs out
Old 09-21-04, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
The Quick and the Dead Superbit was released a couple of months ago. I know it's not an SE, but it is trying to cash in on the Raimi cow
Old 09-25-04, 01:13 AM

Speaking of The Evil Dead which I just watched a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it, I'm confused at what dvd to buy. I want to buy the dvd with what director's intentions were for this release, because I know there is a fullscreen and 1.85 formated dvd as well, or should I wait for a better release. Also guys, which one do you think has better picture quality overall and extras, help would be most appreciative.
Old 09-25-04, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by REL77
if studios were smart, they would try to cash in on the Raimi buzz and get some SEs out
Problem is that Raimi has a lot on his plate right now to work on SE's. He wont be free till Spider 3 is done with and he is jumping around tagging his name on his production companys first venture in The Grudge. The man is seriously busy to sit down and work on anything special enough to warrent any SE's.
Old 09-25-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally posted by bsktballDude1
Speaking of The Evil Dead which I just watched a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it, I'm confused at what dvd to buy. I want to buy the dvd with what director's intentions were for this release, because I know there is a fullscreen and 1.85 formated dvd as well, or should I wait for a better release. Also guys, which one do you think has better picture quality overall and extras, help would be most appreciative.
Here's an older thread that should have the answers you're looking for:

The One and Only Evil Dead Series Versions thread
Old 09-25-04, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"That would be.... just fine."