For Immediate Release

At Last, this Halloween,
Paramount Home Entertainment Unleashes:

FRIDAY THE 13TH–
FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN:
ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION

~ Debuting on DVD on October 5
With More than 10 hours of Bonus Features ~

Hollywood, June 29, 2004 – Paramount Home Entertainment presents the long-awaited and eagerly anticipated FRIDAY THE 13th – FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN, ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION on October 5. The 5-disc set features the entire collection of Paramount’s eight FRIDAY THE 13th films, two-per-disc, plus a 5th disc that is dedicated to many hours of behind-the-scenes material on the history and folklore associated with the classic horror series, as well as theatrical trailers, new animated menus, commentary tracks and other FRIDAY THE 13th pleasures. Order cut-off for the DVD collection is August 24.

Special features include:

Cast commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th - PART 3 by author Peter Bracke and actors Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, Dana Kimmell and Richard Brooker
Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VI: JASON LIVES by director Tom McLouglin
Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD by actor Kane Hodder and director John Carl Buechler
Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN by director Rob Hedden
A featurette “Tales From the Cutting Room,” in which exclusive deleted scenes and footage is revealed for the first time.
An 8-part featurette “The Friday The 13th Chronicles,” which looks at the legacy of the films throughout their history, featuring cast and crew commenting on each film and why they appeal to audiences. Includes Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Corey Feldman, Kane Hodder, Lar Park Lincoln, Betsy Palmer, Tom Savini and directors Sean Cunningham, Tom McLoughlin, Rob Heddon, Joseph Zito and John Carl Buechler.
A 3-part featurette “Secrets Galore Behind The Gore,” which looks at the work of master make-up effects designer Tom Savini in Part 1 and Part IV and John Carl Buechler in Part VII. Includes rare and never-before-seen footage, drawings and stills illustrating the make-up techniques used to create Jason and achieve elaborate death scenes.
A featurette “Crystal Lake Victims Tell All!,” in which cast and crew from various films share amusing anecdotes. Includes Corey Feldman, Larry Zerner, Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Lar Park Lincoln and directors.
A featurette “Friday Artifacts and Collectibles,” which looks at props and collectables from the films.
The theatrical trailers from all 8 movies except Part VI, which is represented by the teaser trailer.
FRIDAY THE 13th – FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN, ULTIMATE EDITION DVD COLLECTION is expected to be priced by retailers for around $60 in the U.S. and at around C$70 in Canada.

Synopses

FRIDAY THE 13th (1980) takes place years after a young boy named Jason drowns in a lake while attending Camp Crystal Lake and shortly thereafter, the camp closes. Flash forward to the present, where the owner decides to re-open the camp and one by one, the counselors have mysteriously been murdered by an unseen person.

94 minutes
Rated R (R in Canada)
Widescreen version enhanced for 16:9 televisions
Dolby Digital English and French Mono.
FRIDAY THE 13th – PART 2 (1981) picks up with Jason Voorhees, presumed dead from drowning years ago, exacting revenge on the innocent campers at “Camp Blood.” Living as a hermit in the woods all these years, Jason witnesses the graphic murder of his mother and decides to wreak havoc on everyone at the camp – killing each camp counselor one by one.

86 minutes
Rated R (R in Canada)
In FRIDAY THE 13th – PART 3 (1982), vacationing teenagers take off for a weekend of relaxation at Camp Crystal Lake. Planning a few days of sex, drugs and rock-and-roll, they are in for a series of frightening surprises when a local motorcycle gang follows the teenagers back to their campsite, only to find a persistent Jason with an agenda of his own. Adorned with his trademark hockey mask for the first time in the series, Jason delivers non-stop chills and thrills as everyone on the lake must fight for their lives.

95 minutes
Rated R (R in Canada)
In FRIDAY THE 13th – THE FINAL CHAPTER (1984), Jason resurfaces from a seemingly deadly massacre and returns to Camp Crystal Lake to a new set of prey. Starring a young Corey Feldman (The Lost Boys) as Tommy Jarvis, it seems Jason has finally met his match in the 12-year old horror movie maven. Enlisting the help of a local hunter, Tommy and his sister must rely on one another to help defeat Jason, while also trying to avoid their own demise.

91 minutes
Rated R (R in Canada)
In FRIDAY THE 13th – PART V: A NEW BEGINNING (1985), with Jason dead, someone new has begun a killing spree of their own, using Jason’s M.O. and preying on inhabitants of a sanctuary.

92 minutes
Rated R (R in Canada)
FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VI: JASON LIVES (1986) has Tommy returning to the grave to ensure that Jason is indeed dead. Instead of remaining dead, Jason is accidentally brought back to life by Tommy and now Tommy must stop all the mindless killing and make sure Jason dies for good this time.

87 minutes
Rated R (R in Canada)
Dolby Digital English Ultra-Stereo and French Mono.
FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD (1988) centers on Tina Shepard, a young girl with telekinetic powers who believes she drowned her father in Crystal Lake. Returning back to the site as a method of supposedly helping her cope with her grief, Tina accidentally frees Jason from his watery grave, only to lead to more killing sprees by the man in the infamous hockey mask.

88 minutes
Rated R (R in Canada)
Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround
English Ultra-Stereo and French Mono.
In FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN (1989), a graduating class of a local high school vacation on a cruise ship and unbeknownst to them, Jason is a stowaway on the same ship. Slowly killing students one at a time, Jason eventually sinks the boat, stranding the few lone survivors in Manhattan. Among those survivors, is Rennie, who believes Jason attempted to drown her as a child. Fighting for her their lives, Rennie and the other survivors must make sure Jason dies once and for all.

100 minutes
Rated R (R in Canada)
Dolby Digital English Ultra-Stereo and French Stereo Surround
All five discs are sub-titled in English and Spanish, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and encoded with the Macrovision‘ AntiCopy process.

Visit www.paramount.com/homeentertainment to learn more about Paramount Home Entertainment’s new releases, as well as other classic Hollywood films, television programs, animated titles and family and special interest programming. Paramount Home Entertainment is part of the operations of Paramount Pictures, a unit of Viacom Inc.

End Of Release
Old 06-29-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 323 Likes on 245 Posts
No 3-D on Part 3, no sale!
Old 06-29-04, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The artwork is here
Old 06-29-04, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Am I the only one here who is extremely excited for this? Commentaries, deleted scenes, tons of featurettes, kick ass packaging, and only $60. This is a must buy for me.
Old 06-29-04, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That artwork looks great
Old 06-29-04, 06:56 PM

I thought you were referring to Friday The 13th The Series at first. And if Part 3 isn't in 3D finally then who cares!??
Old 06-29-04, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lame Lame Lame. Wrong Jason photos on the disc art, and no reason they couldn't have used the original art for the cases.

Hope this one gets a nice sale price at some of the above retailers.
Old 06-29-04, 06:59 PM

Wow, at long last one of the longest running movie series is finally getting the treatment it deserves. I am so excited! This will have a great spot on my shelf alongside the likes of the Nightmare Collection. Finally Paramount delivers the goods, AND at a decent price!
Old 06-29-04, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was hoping for some 5.1 remixes and uncut extended versions...but will still pick this set up regardless. Looks decent enough, just not as good as I had hoped.

MATT
Old 06-29-04, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by achau9598
Lame Lame Lame. Wrong Jason photos on the disc art, and no reason they couldn't have used the original art for the cases.

Hope this one gets a nice sale price at some of the above retailers.
Where are you seeing the disc art?
Old 06-29-04, 07:01 PM

may just sell my other versions to get this one
Old 06-29-04, 07:02 PM

Is there some reason they didn't take the time to release Part 3 in 3D!? That's just stupid. Saw it in the theaters and can't imagine it being as good without the 3D effects.
Old 06-29-04, 07:14 PM

I think the term 'ultimate' is misleading when the series is now notorious for its r-rated trims and the average person may assume this is a set to correct that. No, by 'Ultimate' you get to find out what Corey Feldman is up to! Hurray!
I'm disapointed that there are no tv spots or even a trailer for part 6- basically the same trailers from the initial DVDs plus the trailers from 7&8 which were left off when they knew they'd be making this set... cause you know what a huge freaking extra a trailer is. Why give that away for free!!
The disc and case artwork is also terrible, of course. Why not use the beautiful original artwork and infamous logo?

Edited to try and not kill the mood here too much, and to say as lazy as I feel this is, as a fan I'm going to pick it up... when I see it for a price that it's worth. There better be some big discounts!

Last edited by ChristopherS; 06-29-04 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 07:18 PM

What a lame effort on the disc art - none of the Jason photo's even match the entry they're in.
Old 06-29-04, 07:18 PM

http://www.campcrystallake.com/boxset.htm disc art, and case art and detail. I cant wait either...
Old 06-29-04, 07:19 PM

hmm........ i like the box art, but where do you see the disc art
Old 06-29-04, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was going to pass on this but the extras are cool and the price is right so I'm in !
Old 06-29-04, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by emhello
Is there some reason they didn't take the time to release Part 3 in 3D!? That's just stupid. Saw it in the theaters and can't imagine it being as good without the 3D effects.
They've said before that in order for it to work, because of how it was filmed, you would need a system to play it on that would cost about $100, so releasing it in 3-D just doesn't make sense. Don't know how true all of that is but at least it's an issues involving these movies that they addressed.
Old 06-29-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally posted by dan31655
hmm........ i like the box art, but where do you see the disc art
http://www.campcrystallake.com/boxset.htm

disc art is there, near the bottom.

thanks for the news, but I will be passing on this set. I already have 1, 2, and 4, so I'll just round out the series with the old versions.
Old 06-29-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Am I the only one here who is extremely excited for this? Commentaries, deleted scenes, tons of featurettes, kick ass packaging, and only $60. This is a must buy for me.
I'm with you. I have put off buying the released verions since I got my DVD player for two reasons: A- because i coulnd not see paying $30MSRP for a movie only disc and because B-I have heard rumblings about this set every since the Nightmare set came out. I am glad that I didn't buy the previous release (like most did when they read the special features for the set).

I was totally willing to buy this even with a MSRP of $149.95 (what i thought paramount would slap on it), but now about $60, its a steal!!! Thanks for the LOW MSRP paramount.
Old 06-29-04, 08:03 PM

Ooo, this is a must buy for me. I'm glad I held off buying the original DVDs, it was a little hard but I'm glad it paid off. I'm really interested in the special features, the only behind the scene stuff on Friday the 13th(s) I've seen are in articles in old issues of Fangoria.
Old 06-29-04, 08:20 PM
Banned

mmm...if its around $40 I'll probably pick it up...
Old 06-29-04, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by ChristopherS
They've said before that in order for it to work, because of how it was filmed, you would need a system to play it on that would cost about $100, so releasing it in 3-D just doesn't make sense. Don't know how true all of that is but at least it's an issues involving these movies that they addressed.
I'm sure if they wanted to put in the effort, they could make it work. Maybe they just don't think the return would warrant the work involved.
Old 06-29-04, 08:26 PM

I'll be all over this one... it will be nice right next to my Nightmare on Elm Street Box set.
Old 06-29-04, 08:45 PM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally posted by pOpus
I'll be all over this one... it will be nice right next to my Nightmare on Elm Street Box set.
Same here. The two go hand-in-hand.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.