Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Friday the 13th: Official Paramount press release

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Friday the 13th: Official Paramount press release

Old 06-30-04, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ReduxGuy
GOD**M IT, WHY DON'T THEY FIX THE F**KING SOUND?! I WANNA F**KING EXPERICENCE F**KING JASON F**KING VOORHEES IN F**KING DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND, NOT F**KING MONO!!!!
"I am only saying this because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing. "

If this set hits the street for $50 - $60 I'll probably buy it. I'm not a huge Friday fan but this will round out my horror collection nicely. And it will look nice next to the Freddy set . I don't really understand the whole thing with putting 2 movies on a disk (seems a little cheesy) but it's no biggie. I guess if they can fit them on there and still have the bitrate to make them look nice that's all that matters (obviously mono isn't going to take up a lot of space).
Old 06-30-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have all of the barebones releases and I'm gonna pass.....dont really care about the commentaries but that bonus disc looks cool- but I wont buy it just for that.....plus my barebones are in awesome matching covers that someone had made and put on dvdcoverart!!
Old 06-30-04, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 323 Likes on 245 Posts
GOD**M IT, WHY DON'T THEY FIX F**KING PART 3?! I WANNA F**KING EXPERICENCE F**KING JASON F**KING VOORHEES IN F**KING 3-D, NOT F**KING 2-D!!!!

They actually released this in 3-D about 20 years ago in Japan on the defunct VHD format, and I have a DVD recorded from that which works great with the 3-D shutter glasses included with the Slingshot Imax and "Horror" sets. It has Japanese subtitles on it though which is annoying, and the guy who recorded it used a low bitrate setting so I'd still buy a legitimate release if they'd put it out, but apparently they don't want my money.
If they can put out crappy shot-on-video movies like Camp Blood in 3-D, they can put THIS out too!!
Old 06-30-04, 04:34 PM

This is one of the very few movies that really needs to be released in its original 3D format. No 3D = no sale.
Old 06-30-04, 05:17 PM

I think they should re-relese 3 to theatres in 3-D, there's a whole generation that hasn't seen a 3-D movie that might want to check it out...

The overseas part 1 DVD has the following features:
UNCUT (which is only the difference of a few seconds here and there, but still cool...)
a different transfer from the Paramount disc, not as crisp as R1 but the dark scenes are lighter making it easier to see...
Trailer (same as R1)
Documentary featuring interviews with Adrienne King, Betsy Palmer, Sean Cunningham, Victor Miller (writer) and Harry Manfedini (music). Paramount missed out on the last 2 but has Tom Savini.
Commentary that is non-scene specific and has clips of the people from the movie talking from their documentary interviews, plus input from F13 researcher Peter Bracke.
Old 06-30-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if anybody wants a true horror set done the way it SHOULD be done, just wait for the Dawn of The Dead set by Anchor Bay.......isn't it funny that little companys like Anchor Bay who have a limited budget compared to Paramount, release a better product 9 times out of 10.

Paramount, after you milk fans dry with this set, please sell the rights to Anchor Bay or Blue Underground.....companies that take time to get things right.......that care about the fans.....that aren't asswipes

anyway, until the day when the uncut box set comes out.....and yes one way or another it WILL be out eventually, I'll just enjoy the barebone dvds that I currently have.
Old 06-30-04, 06:02 PM

It's funny because the letter writing and all the complaining that came from fans in regards to uncut films led to this release, a collection of R rated films with quickie extras. Did I miss something? What about uncuts now, are people supposed to start writing letters again? How will the boxset selling poorly or well factor into any future decisions? I just don't get what the people at this company are thinking.
Old 06-30-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,370 Likes on 1,010 Posts
This release is an absolute joke. It's already been mentioned, but the Dawn of the Dead set blows this away so bad it's not funny.

Didn't someone post an article not too long ago about how Parmount was going to invest more in DVDs? Guess somebody misheard and is now sitting on a huge stockpile of underwear.
Old 06-30-04, 10:45 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by ReduxGuy
GOD**M IT, WHY DON'T THEY FIX THE F**KING SOUND?! I WANNA F**KING EXPERICENCE F**KING JASON F**KING VOORHEES IN F**KING DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND, NOT F**KING MONO!!!!
F**KING AMEN! THANK YOU..THIS IS 2004! NOT 1984! GET WITH THE TIMES PARAMOUNT! WE WANT DIGITAL SURROUND!
Old 07-01-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts
Just a note about the price...

Paramount is playing their bullshit game where they don't list an MSRP for the box, and the $60 figure is just something they pulled out of their asses.

Expect $60 to be the MINIMUM you'll pay for this box.
Old 07-01-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 323 Likes on 245 Posts
"F**KING AMEN! THANK YOU..THIS IS 2004! NOT 1984! GET WITH THE TIMES PARAMOUNT! WE WANT DIGITAL SURROUND!"

Uh, one of these movies was MADE in 1984, and 3 before that! They did have optical matrix stereo available back then, but chose not to use it on these movies, so that's how they should be shown. Re-doing soundtracks in surround is the same as colorizing black-and-white movies, or adding new CGI effects to old movies.
That said, I would not want phony 3-D versions of the other 7 movies, only part 3 in its original 3-D format. 2-D scope prints were made for drive-ins so I guess this can be regarded as the drive-in version, but they still blew it in that area.
Old 07-01-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is not as good as I had hoped for, but I will pick it up when they release it.
Old 07-01-04, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by milo bloom
This release is an absolute joke. It's already been mentioned, but the Dawn of the Dead set blows this away so bad it's not funny.

Didn't someone post an article not too long ago about how Parmount was going to invest more in DVDs? Guess somebody misheard and is now sitting on a huge stockpile of underwear.
I read that article, about how their "put in little cash and effort and expect a lot back" attitude has left them with a lot of box office flops, and probably bad DVD sales... but this is a recent revelation, not in time to save this set... I doubt the people over there have suddenly got a clue anyway.
Old 07-08-04, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This set doesn't look nearly as good as I hoped. However, still have none of the originals on dvd, so will still pick this up, assuming ddd comes out with a holiday coupon.
Old 07-10-04, 02:21 PM

Guys,

Is there a reason that Jason goes to hell and Jason X are not included in this collection?
Old 07-10-04, 02:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by DVD666
Guys,

Is there a reason that Jason goes to hell and Jason X are not included in this collection?
Those were made by New Line, the rest were Paramount.
Old 07-21-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Look's like they're re-doing the cover art...

From DVDFile.com:

"And for your Jason fans, the monosyllabic horror icon will be getting a facelift on Paramount's upcoming Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan - The Ultimate Collection DVD Edition box set, which is due on October 5th. Responding to fan complaints of Jason's hockey-masked mug on the cover and inside packaging (Which Jason goes with which movie? Why does the cover shot not look quite right?), Paramount has released rejiggered and final artwork for the set, which you can check out in our multimedia gallery:
(http://www.dvdfile.com/interactive/d...aythe13th.html)."
Old 07-21-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh god, do we really need that heavy spoiler for part 1 as the cover art? even though the majority of us know how it ends, the original poster art would have been better.
Old 07-21-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rypro 525
oh god, do we really need that heavy spoiler for part 1 as the cover art? even though the majority of us know how it ends, the original poster art would have been better.
I agree. I swear, sometimes I think a group of retarted monkeys could do a better job than the current marketing department at Paramount.
Old 07-21-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like they only changed the disc art.
Old 07-21-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Finally found a pic of Paramount's marketing department.
Old 07-21-04, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PASS
No uncut versions, what a damn shame
Old 07-21-04, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I will definitly be picking this set up.
Old 07-21-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
I guess we shall see what is going on at Comic Con this year.
I hope it is promising.

4:00-5:00 Friday the 13th: Jasons Unmasked—Paramount Home Entertainment hosts a Friday the 13th panel discussion moderated by webmaster and author Peter Bracke (DVD File). Panelists include five of the Jasons: Kane Hodder, C. J. Graham, Richard Brooker, Warrington Gillette, and Ari Lehman, and two directors, Tom McLoughlin and John Carl Buechler, who will discuss their work on the films and the search for the elusive deleted F13 footage. Room 6CDEF
I hope to ask a few questions myself.
Old 07-21-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by steebo777
Finally found a pic of Paramount's marketing department.
The orange one got fired for violating dress code policies.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.