DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Looking for 4-Disc Keep Case

Old 03-16-14, 09:30 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 251 Posts
Looking for 4-Disc Keep Case

I know that there are numerous people here getting rid of cases in their efforts to use binders/wallets. To the ones who haven't gotten rid of their cases yet I'm wondering if any of you have a 4-Disc standard size keep case you'd like to get rid of, and how much you would charge to ship it? I bought Flash Gordon: The Complete Series from Target recently, and the damned thing has 4 discs stacked on top of each other. I'd love to replace it but I want the artwork to fit, so it would need to be a standard size keep case. I know they're made, I have several like it, just don't have any to spare. Don't really want to buy a case quantity of them, which is why I'm asking here. 3 and 4-Disc cases are so hard to come by without having to buy quantities. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-27-14, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Looking for 4-Disc Keep Case

I just saw this, so sorry for the late response. How many do you consider too many? I don't have any to spare, myself, but I've been buying sets of 10 from Amazon. Here. Looks like they are 12.90 right now, for a set of 10.

They are the same size as a normal keep case. Has the clear plastic cover on the outside so you can see artwork. I've been able to put 4 covers in without too much difficulty or any damage. They do not have a place for papers on the inside, but I found you can still fit a few inside (leaflets, man, I cannot think of the name of that sheet of paper that sometimes has the chapter titles on it...).

They seem sturdy. I have not had any come broken or break here.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-08-14, 04:29 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks! Just checked those out, seems they would suffice for both 3 and 4 disc uses, and with the exception of 2 people who had them shipped in the coldest month of the year (and broken in shipment), they seem pretty sturdy. I may have to get some of those...
Old 04-08-14, 08:25 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

I see some same width cases that hold 6 discs for slightly cheaper. I'd rather have room for possible future expansion.
Old 04-09-14, 09:04 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Do you have a link Trevor? I looked at some of the 6 disc cases and they were either double thickness (artwork wouldn't fit) or the discs overlapped. I dislike those overlapping discs, makes it difficult to get to a disc without removing one first, then the same in reverse to put it back in the case.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-14, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kd5
Thanks! Just checked those out, seems they would suffice for both 3 and 4 disc uses, and with the exception of 2 people who had them shipped in the coldest month of the year (and broken in shipment), they seem pretty sturdy. I may have to get some of those...
I've had about 4 or 5 shipments of these and didn't have one come broken, for what it's worth.

Originally Posted by Trevor
I see some same width cases that hold 6 discs for slightly cheaper. I'd rather have room for possible future expansion.
I'd like the link too! I searched for bigger ones, but it seemed like I could only find more expensive ones or bigger than I was looking for. I originally went for 4 because I was looking to replace a tv set with for discs per season. When I got them, they worked great so I used them to condense a bit with sequels.

There are a few series I have that 6 would work better though...

Thanks!
Old 04-10-14, 06:54 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

It was one of the many links recommended by the above link. Looking closer at it, link, the info is contradictory and reviews confirm that they aren't the stated in one place 10mm or in another place 27mm, but in between.

And they are overlapping kd55, I think that's the only way to really maximize space. I figure I swap out the discs so rarely that that inconvenience is one with which I can live.
Old 04-10-14, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
It was one of the many links recommended by the above link. Looking closer at it, link, the info is contradictory and reviews confirm that they aren't the stated in one place 10mm or in another place 27mm, but in between.

And they are overlapping kd55, I think that's the only way to really maximize space. I figure I swap out the discs so rarely that that inconvenience is one with which I can live.
I don't think they overlap, though, looking at the picture. And checking out the question/answer part, someone says they don't overlap, as well. I think you're just seeing the back of the hub as well as the hub for that side.

Though, the shipping (not prime eligible) is $8 bucks which makes them a couple dollars more expensive. But still, in the ballpark of the other ones...
Old 04-11-14, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish you could find 14mm normal sized cases that don't overlap the discs.
Old 04-15-14, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Requisite plug for genesysdtp.com .
They have everything, and quick shipping to boot.