Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Missing DVD Slipcover

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-11, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing Dark Knight 2-Disc DVD Slipcover

Hey all, I recently purchased the two-disc special edition of the Dark Knight off of Amazon and when I received it in the mail, it was missing it's cardboard slipcover. I was wondering if any of you guys/gals would know of a place where I can purchase just the slipcover online. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Palmer45; 09-06-11 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-07-11, 12:15 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Missing DVD Slipcover

Whenever I received a DVD with a missing slipcover, I wrote to the studio that made the DVD and almost always they sent me a replacement slipcover.

http://www.warnerbros.com/main/help/...r_service.html
Old 09-07-11, 04:06 AM

Almost always? In what cases do they NOT send a replacement cover? And how long did it take for them to get back to you, I already wrote Warner Bros. about the slipcover. Hopefully my short message didn't deter them.
Old 09-07-11, 04:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't get them free from Disney anymore. I just wrote Disney not too long ago and was told that they're now charging 3.95 for cases, cover inserts (called wraps), and slipcovers. If you order more than one thing, it's 3.95 for the first one and 1.00 each for all the rest. Fox sent me a cover once. But I've never been able to get a cover from WB.
Old 09-07-11, 02:40 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmer45
Almost always? In what cases do they NOT send a replacement cover? And how long did it take for them to get back to you, I already wrote Warner Bros. about the slipcover. Hopefully my short message didn't deter them.
The only time I did not receive a replacement slipcover was when the studio did not send me a reply. Aside from that, I always received a reply and a replacement slipcover. As for how long a reply took, sometimes it took up to three business days for customer service to respond.
Old 09-07-11, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero
The only time I did not receive a replacement slipcover was when the studio did not send me a reply. Aside from that, I always received a reply and a replacement slipcover. As for how long a reply took, sometimes it took up to three business days for customer service to respond.
Well, I contacted the Warner Video division and they got back to me within a day. But told me to contact Amazon, which I already did, and then if that didn't work (it didn't) to contact the WB site directly. Which I did the night before. So I guess I'll just sit on it for a day or two before trying to contact them again. I just can't believe that the DVD didn't come with the slipcover, what's the deal with that? I notice that, after a few weeks on store shelves, the covers are removed. Didn't think they would do the same for online retailers.
Old 09-08-11, 07:06 PM

i will go to Best Buy tomorrow and if I happen to see one, I'll steal it for you. If by chance they catch me and torture me, I won't mention your name

Actually I have gotten a couple for free before at Best Buy because I asked nicely
Old 09-08-11, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by civiclx
i will go to Best Buy tomorrow and if I happen to see one, I'll steal it for you. If by chance they catch me and torture me, I won't mention your name

Actually I have gotten a couple for free before at Best Buy because I asked nicely
That would be awesome. I actually called around to local stores and they all pretty much told me to check for sellers online. Although, I'm not sure if stores would even still have the slipcovers for the two-disc DVD set. They just seem to throw the covers out after a certain amount of time!

Last edited by Palmer45; 09-08-11 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-08-11, 11:57 PM

I think they stop releasing them with slipcovers after awhile but I'm not sure. I hope I can find one. I can check Best Buy, Target, Walmart and Frys
Old 09-09-11, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero
Whenever I received a DVD with a missing slipcover, I wrote to the studio that made the DVD and almost always they sent me a replacement slipcover.
You must be luckier than me. I've tried to get replacements from studios before, and they always refuse me. Namely Anchor Bay and Paramount.
Old 09-09-11, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by civiclx
I think they stop releasing them with slipcovers after awhile but I'm not sure. I hope I can find one. I can check Best Buy, Target, Walmart and Frys
Man, what a guy (or girl)! You're not even obligated to do this, if I was wearing a cap, I would tip it towards you! Although I'm still holding out hope that Warner Bros. will get back to me, had to resend my request.
Old 09-10-11, 07:24 AM

I didn't know some Studios would ship a slip cover if asked but I live in Canada and I doubt they would ship it to me. I still need several slip covers and I really, really don't want to have to re-buy the DVDs.

-Doom: Unrated Extended Edition Widescreen
-L.A. Confidential: Two-Disc Special Edition
-It's a Wonderful Life: 2-Disc Collector's Set
-Lifeboat: Special Edition
-Dawn of the Dead: Unrated Director's Cut Widescreen
-Pandorum
Old 09-10-11, 10:55 PM

If it's policy for them to stop releasing DVDs with their slipcovers after awhile, then what's the point of having slipcovers at all!? It doesn't make sense!
Old 09-15-11, 09:34 PM

Well, I got the slipcover. Thanks to all who listened.