Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Converting Cardboard Sets to Plastic Cases

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-09, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I should convert my cardboard box sets to plastics sets. I am looking for cases that can contain the most discs. I want to try and make a complete set for the shows I have completed. Some shows have 6 discs a season and a lot of season. Where can I find cases that can be customized to having more discs in the cases?
Old 10-17-09, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: Converting Cardboard Sets to Plastic Cases

Here in Japan we have a DVD case (plastic) which is available in the stores that can hold 12 discs. You can take out these "click-in" things which hold 2 discs each and ultimately get it down to a 2 disc case. Course the thickness is about 1.5 inches (38 mm), so you would NOT want to use it for 2 discs!! Here are 3 images of what I am speaking of and I think there's enough information included here for you to be able to find these cases on the site shown in the image.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-09, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might be talking about the new, often transparent single-width, six-disc-max cases that they've been repackaging TV shows into. I seem to recall reading in another thread that Talk users had yet to find a retailer selling them.
Old 10-18-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

closest thing I have found is at genesysdtp.com . They have pretty much any case you could ever want. of course their 6 disc case is an overlap case rather than the new style ones that droidguy speaks of.