Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

I'm sick of the plastic wrap being sealed (glued) to the spines of BDs and DVDs.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

I'm sick of the plastic wrap being sealed (glued) to the spines of BDs and DVDs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Damn if it doesn't suck to get a new DVD or BD home to try and peel the package off to find that it is stuck to the spine. Why the fuck do they do this? Can't they seal them on the other side where there is no artwork and flimsy plastic to get stuck to? I got home today with Child's Play on BD and tried for 15 minutes to get the residue and glue off and it won't come out. The spine looks like shit and there are two bumps where the plastic got screwed up trying to clean the crap off. Who is else is sick of this shit? I'm thinking about taking it back for another copy. Yes, I will do it just for this.
Old 09-27-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: I'm sick of the plastic wrap being sealed (glued) to the spines of BDs and DVDs.

Yeah, I hate that too, but not as much as I used to seeing as nowadays I convert everything to Thinpak as quickly as possible. I don't understand why that shit happens, does anybody else?

danwiz
Old 09-27-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: I'm sick of the plastic wrap being sealed (glued) to the spines of BDs and DVDs.

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Damn if it doesn't suck to get a new DVD or BD home to try and peel the package off to find that it is stuck to the spine. Why the fuck do they do this? Can't they seal them on the other side where there is no artwork and flimsy plastic to get stuck to? I got home today with Child's Play on BD and tried for 15 minutes to get the residue and glue off and it won't come out. The spine looks like shit and there are two bumps where the plastic got screwed up trying to clean the crap off. Who is else is sick of this shit? I'm thinking about taking it back for another copy. Yes, I will do it just for this.
this is the main reason i buy replacement cases.
Old 09-27-09, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That happened to me only once, but now I've been able to spot the signs that the plastic would stick before I buy it.
Old 09-27-09, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, this is quite an annoying phenomenon. the worst "stick to the spine" wrappers are the warner ones!
Old 09-27-09, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

If they would just do the "gluing" on the other side it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-27-09, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This really bugs me too. I try to spot it before buying but if I buy online I can't prepare for it.
Old 09-27-09, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I use hair blow dryer (setting it to the max - having enough heat) in removing such residue.
Old 10-01-09, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philip74
yes, this is quite an annoying phenomenon. the worst "stick to the spine" wrappers are the warner ones!
I have never had it happen on WB releases, only on Fox ones.
Old 10-01-09, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, fox titles sometimes have this problem as well, but you were just
lucky regarding your warner titles. they are usually the worst with
small wrap residue pieces all over the spine.
Old 10-01-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

I'm tired of it as well. It seems to happen way too much for my liking.

Also I'm anal enough about my collection to have to buy replacement cases for situations like this.
Old 10-01-09, 02:41 PM

I've had problems with Fox, Warner, and Lions Gate. It's annoying as hell.
Old 10-01-09, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by danwiz
Yeah, I hate that too, but not as much as I used to seeing as nowadays I convert everything to Thinpak as quickly as possible.
This.