Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Fox TV gets smaller

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-09, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fox TV gets smaller

It was in 7-disc clear plastic case with a slipcover
Old 10-15-09, 07:30 PM

I found repackaged versions of Grey's Anatomy S2, Ugly Betty S1, & Scrubs S5 today at Best Buy.
Old 11-10-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really want to buy these cases. They're called "Slim-line" I believe. I'd love to convert my existing TV sets into these cases and save a bunch of space. 24 Season 7 is what has gotten me hooked on these cases. Amazing. Why they couldn't come up with this in the first place is beyond me.
Old 11-10-09, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
I really want to buy these cases. They're called "Slim-line" I believe. I'd love to convert my existing TV sets into these cases and save a bunch of space. 24 Season 7 is what has gotten me hooked on these cases. Amazing. Why they couldn't come up with this in the first place is beyond me.
"Slimline" is the kind of case they're phasing out, i.e. the half-centimeter-thick clear, standard sized DVD case that are usually slid into an outer sleeve.
Old 11-11-09, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
"Slimline" is the kind of case they're phasing out, i.e. the half-centimeter-thick clear, standard sized DVD case that are usually slid into an outer sleeve.
Whoops, you are correct. I guess they are called Thinpak. I wonder how affordable it'd be to convert all of my TV sets into this type of case.

EDIT:

Not Thinpak either.

Last edited by HE Pennypacker; 11-11-09 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-03-09, 01:05 PM

Found Desperate Housewives & Brothers and Sisters today at Best Buy
Old 12-03-09, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by rednowgreen

Found Desperate Housewives & Brothers and Sisters today at Best Buy
Looks very sharp. That would have been an entire shelf with teh original releases.

Anyone else find it funny that even with the rerelease, the Alias cases are still slightly different?
Old 12-06-09, 03:41 PM
Cool New Member

I recently bought the old style American Dads, however I've yet to open them.

I'd like to have the newer versions instead to better match vols 3 and presumably 4.

I notice the new and old versions have the same barcode SKU. Do you guys think it'd be possible to buy the new ones and return the old ones?

Thanks
Old 12-06-09, 03:53 PM

Those Scrubs repacks look pretty sharp. I really would hate to re-buy them, but damn those would look nice on my shelf.
Old 12-06-09, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I agree. They look very sharp.
Old 12-06-09, 04:23 PM

I like the new cases - I bought some during the $12.99 BestBuy sale (which later turned to a $7.49 sale!). My complaint with it is that I have have a few volumes of a series in the old packaging (cardboard/thinpak) and can only find the new/slim packaging now, and it stands out. I also would have liked them to make the labels consistent - in the image above, Felicity looks great but Alias/Scrubs are not aligned in some parts and look a bit odd on a shelf (small complaint, but I'm picky about packaging)
Old 12-06-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So Fox seems to like to attach the shrinkwrap of these to the spine of these new cases. It leaves a mess on the side. I got Scrubs S8 at the Target sale a few weeks back and the shrink wrap just came off, so Fox seems to be the only company doing this.

My Always Sunny sets look like crap now. I need to find replacement cases. Anyone know where we can get them?
Old 12-06-09, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

You are correct - Always Sunny in Philadelphia DOES look like crap due to the shrinkwrap having stuck to the spine when I tried to remove it! Same as you - need to replace the cases. PLUS - the entire series is in eco-friendly cases!

Last edited by danwiz; 12-10-09 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-10-09, 10:21 AM

I'll rebuy the first 3 seasons of How I Met Your Mother if FOX puts out season 1 in widescreen.
Old 12-10-09, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by evophile
I recently bought the old style American Dads, however I've yet to open them.

I'd like to have the newer versions instead to better match vols 3 and presumably 4.

I notice the new and old versions have the same barcode SKU. Do you guys think it'd be possible to buy the new ones and return the old ones?

Thanks
ya i do it all the time
Old 12-15-09, 01:37 PM

dvdempire.com has the following listed for a repackage on 1-12-2010

24: Seasons 1 - 6
Bones: Seasons 1 - 3
Boston Legal: Seasons 1 - 4
Burn Notice: Season 1
Family Guy: Volumes 3 - 6
Old 12-15-09, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like I have to rebuy Family Guy. Luckily my volumes 3-6 are still sealed. I wonder why they're not doing 1 and 2.

So has anyone figure'd out what the official names for these cases are? I need to buy some.
Old 12-16-09, 11:02 PM

I saw some of these at the store and was tempted to re-buy some sets..

So I don't know what exactly the cases looked like, but I ordered about 20 clear Amaray quad cases from US Plastic Corp. over the summer and they're great. For the life of me I can no longer find them on their website though..
Old 12-17-09, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stardork13
I saw some of these at the store and was tempted to re-buy some sets..

So I don't know what exactly the cases looked like, but I ordered about 20 clear Amaray quad cases from US Plastic Corp. over the summer and they're great. For the life of me I can no longer find them on their website though..
I was going to order some over the summer, too for my Simpsons sets and never did. Now they don't have them. The most I can find are triples.

I didn't know how close these were to the Fox cases so I held off.
Old 12-17-09, 04:10 PM

I would like to replace my American Dad (1 - 3) and Family Guy (1 - 6; although only 3 - 6 are being repackaged so far), but I'd hate to spend all that money, especially when I have so many other DVDs to buy.

Also, anyone know if Fox will be repackaging the season sets of Reba? My Reba collection looks horrible the way it is right now. Seasons 1 - 3 are in big bulky boxes that are the standard side slipcover with 3 slimline jewel cases. Season 4 is a slimmer side slipcover with only 2 slimline jewel cases, since this time discs 1 and 2 are in one jewel case, and disc 3 is in the other. All 4 of theses sets have the episode guides printed on the back of the appropriate slimline jewel case. Season 5 is in a standard black double disc case with no episode guide, and season 6 is in a clear, one-disc case with the episode guide printed directly on the back of the artwork.
Old 12-17-09, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stardork13
I e-mailed them about this and apparently the company they ordered them through went out of business.

I found some one eBay but they're not Amarays. They look cheap.
Old 12-18-09, 12:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have so far avoided spending money on just downsizing packaging, but the 24 boxsets for Season 1-4 are ENORMOUS. If I could find them in VIVA packaging and under $15 I would be really tempted to buy the new packaging and sell my current sets.

Last edited by Corey31; 12-18-09 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-18-09, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hate em.. and like em.. But companies should stick to the design they started the series with.. I got so pissed when the Stargate seasons got shrunk down to smaller boxes towards the end of its run. Same with Bones and Burn Notice.. arrgh!
Old 12-19-09, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ZT_Styles
Those Scrubs repacks look pretty sharp. I really would hate to re-buy them, but damn those would look nice on my shelf.
here's the whole set

Old 12-20-09, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Those do look nice but it's still a damn shame that studios can't keep the effing spines lined up and uniform!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.