Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Incredible Hulk Artwork

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-08, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incredible Hulk Artwork

No release date. I'm guessing 3rd disc will be digital copy. Didn't see it, but will probably buy it.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...le-hulk10.html
Old 08-13-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i will probably end up buying it as well, but i think the artwort is just horrible!
Old 08-13-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Great movie, but the artwork is indeed horrible. No Ed Norton on the cover? He's the reason the movie is so good!

I was hoping for a cover like this:

Old 08-13-08, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, his name isn't even on the cover. I wonder if he asked not to be on the cover. Looks like when hulk 3 comes out. We will yet another Banner.
Old 08-13-08, 11:00 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Horrible cover art.
Old 08-13-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Horrible decision by Universal not to use the movie poster.
Old 08-13-08, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Figures. Knew it was too good to be true. Count me in for someone else who hates that cover, but hey, it's what's inside that counts right?

btw, no mention of Ed Norton on the cover???
Old 08-13-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Great movie, but the artwork is indeed horrible. No Ed Norton on the cover? He's the reason the movie is so good!

I was hoping for a cover like this:

i was hoping for that cover as well!
i would guess that they might use it for the single disc, but then it would be
an even bigger joke if buyers of the special edition end up with such an ugly artwork, while the single disc gets the nice poster art.
Old 08-13-08, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't see this in the theater, but the Hulk look so fake in that cover art. Is that really what he looks like in the film?! I thought they were trying to make him more realistic than Ang Lee's.
Old 08-13-08, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
Wow, his name isn't even on the cover. I wonder if he asked not to be on the cover. Looks like when hulk 3 comes out. We will yet another Banner.
I doubt there will be a Hulk 3, the new movie made more or less the same amount of money than Ang Lees Hulk. I don't see them greenlighting another sequel, nor another reboot.

Best chance is to wait for an Avengers movie.
Old 08-13-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks terrible, but since this is an early announcement I can only hope that they revise it before it comes out. Original poster is much better. Maybe they'll use that for a possible 1-disc release? Still, I enjoyed this enough that I'll buy it.
Old 08-13-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Universal releases the extended version that Norton was hoping for.
Old 08-13-08, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
I didn't see this in the theater, but the Hulk look so fake in that cover art. Is that really what he looks like in the film?! I thought they were trying to make him more realistic than Ang Lee's.

Not quite that bad...
Old 08-13-08, 01:37 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Universal releases the extended version that Norton was hoping for.
I agree, there hasn't been any news in this regard, since it was announced at the film's theatrical release the future DVD/bluray would feature alot of deleted scenes.
Old 08-13-08, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Not likely. They are probably saving that extended cut for another double dip later on.
Old 08-13-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Not likely. They are probably saving that extended cut for another double dip later on.
I'm still getting this regardless because I really liked it. But, I would like to see the version that Norton wanted released. Plus, it would be nice to see some of the character development fleshed out.
Old 08-13-08, 01:47 PM

The unofficial rule is that the title on a DVD cover should be in the top half, if not the top third. Cropping the poster to fit a DVD cover (much less Blu-ray), the title would cover a large portion of the Hulk up there. Keeping the title where it is at the bottom -- and at that size -- would be impossible in the eyes of a marketing department.

The one option I can see is to put the title above/behind Norton's head, but it still might be too small/hard to read to be considered marketable, and you'd still be covering a lot of the Hulk.

As far as not putting names or featuring Norton, that's pretty common practice on SEs for movies like this. Take a look at Transformers or the upcoming Iron Man -- it's all about the special effect character/creature.

Marketing materials aside, I'm looking forward to this. My expectations aren't sky high, but I'll definitely go for a rental.
Old 08-13-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I see on a couple of sites that the relese date is Oct 21.
Old 08-13-08, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bunnydojo
The unofficial rule is that the title on a DVD cover should be in the top half, if not the top third. Cropping the poster to fit a DVD cover (much less Blu-ray), the title would cover a large portion of the Hulk up there. Keeping the title where it is at the bottom -- and at that size -- would be impossible in the eyes of a marketing department.

The one option I can see is to put the title above/behind Norton's head, but it still might be too small/hard to read to be considered marketable, and you'd still be covering a lot of the Hulk.

As far as not putting names or featuring Norton, that's pretty common practice on SEs for movies like this. Take a look at Transformers or the upcoming Iron Man -- it's all about the special effect character/creature.

Marketing materials aside, I'm looking forward to this. My expectations aren't sky high, but I'll definitely go for a rental.
well the german steelbook seems to have managed to use that poster art
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...WH5M/dvdinside
Old 08-13-08, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by philip74
well the german steelbook seems to have managed to use that poster art
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...WH5M/dvdinside
As does the Blu-Ray. I guess Concorde Video wants to cater to a more refined crowd than Universal US. (i.e. "emotional reflection" versus "MONSTER FIGHTS!!!")
Old 08-13-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I'm in the minority when I say that I like the title. It's a comic-book movie, and the DVD cover looks the a comic book cover. I like that. I hope one of the discs is an extended cut, but I'm not banking on it. I'm definitely picking this up.
Old 08-13-08, 03:46 PM

I'm thinking the third disc will be a digital copy. Boo!
Old 08-13-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rmick
I'm thinking the third disc will be a digital copy. Boo!
In the comments in the DVDActive page, it's stated that the 3rd Disc will be a Digital Copy.

At least they are putting the bonus features on a second disc, instead of cramming them all on the first disc, and then leaving the 1-Disc release bare-bones.
Old 08-13-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's an interview with the director before the movie came out where he says the Blu-ray and maybe the standard dvd will have the 70 minutes of footage.

http://www.collider.com/entertainmen...id/8173/tcid/1
Old 08-15-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A little more info the 3rd disc is a digital copy.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...le-hulk10.html

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.