Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

The Definitive DVDs with Slipcases/Slipcovers Thread (Ver.2)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

The Definitive DVDs with Slipcases/Slipcovers Thread (Ver.2)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-07, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I stumbled across:

20 Million Miles to Earth: 50th Anniversary Edition
Dark Crystal: 25th Anniversary Edition
Old 08-24-07, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SMARTASS8
I was checking the list for updates, and I have 3 questions.

1)Back To The Future was listed. Didn't it only come out in a box, not a sleeve?

2)Barnyard was listed. I thought that, except for the exclusive Target Sleeve, it didn't come with one?

3)Cabin Fever. Did it have a normal sleeve too? I thought the only sleeve it had was the lenticular.

Thanks!

1) The first release of the Back to the Future Trilogy came in a slipcover that fit over the 3-Disc case. Don't know if the ones currently available have the slipcover but the original release did.

2) I believe that the regular release Barnyard had a slipcover. But I'm not 100% sure. That one was from one of the earlier incarnations of this Thread (before we merged them into this one).

3) Cabin Fever only came with a lenticular slipcover. If it's not noted on the list, I'll fix it with the next update.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-07, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by geicos27
You have on the list "Akeelah and the Spelling Bee" the actual name of the movie is "Akeelah and the Bee".

Thanks! That one's from one of the earlier Threads and just copied over.
Old 08-24-07, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Target exclusive of Heroes will have a slipcover, comes out on August 28
Old 08-24-07, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to Wal-Mart today and saw this:

The Salon
Perfect Stranger
Diana: Queen of Hearts (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
The Clearing
Darkman Trilogy
I Pity The Fool: Season 1 (with a fuzzy mohawk)
Little Einsteins: Rocket's Firebird Rescue
Thomas and Friends: Carnival Capers
Elvis: The Mini-Series
Carved (Tartan Extreme)
Marco Polo
Pandemic
Bubba Ho-Tep: Hail to the King Edition (Sequin Jacket Slipcover)

Wal-Mart also has about 6 or so Cliff Note releases that come in a side-slipcase with a DVD & Cliff Note book. Anyone interested in me putting those up?

Plus, anyone know how many "jacket" slipcovers there've been? I know there were two for Grease (T-Birds & Pink Ladies at Target) and one for Bubba Ho-Tep. Wasn't there a few more that could technically be called slipcovers?

Thanks all.
Old 08-26-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

man i do seem to remember that the Once Upon A Time In The West came in some sort of special embossed slipcase...but i could be wrong.i know that it comes in double alpha case now...so maybe that was for the first pressings?

edit: even dvdcompare says it came in a digi pack.

Last edited by animatedude; 08-26-07 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-29-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If it was originally released in a digi-pack....the slipcase for it wouldn't count.
Old 08-29-07, 07:26 PM

I noticed that the Conan collection that comes with both movies(Barbarian and Destroyer) has switched from a slipcover to a normal plastic case. I didn't see the original slipcover on the list, so I don't know if you'd include it or not. It wasn't a sleeve, but it seems to have been temporary like a sleeve.
Old 08-29-07, 10:50 PM

Target Exclusive again????

Looks likes Target's "Blades of Glory" might be unique to the concentric franchise. I went out about got Bladess of Glory at Best buy for the extra disk (which is just laid inside the special ediiton..at least Target or Circuit City spiring for the 2 dsic DVD case. So now i've got my 2 disc BofG witn no slipcover. Target did this with lenticular Disturbia as well. Any others? This could be something worth watching.
Side not, i got the first seaon of Masters of Horor so and they all come in card board CD mailers, but it's such cool packaging, couldn't pass it up. Vale, i know you listed MofH's counter AfterDark Fest - "8 Films you could Die for" somewhere in the list but i could find it with the a sphegetti maze were creating with so many threads - Sergio Leon would be proud. Can you tell me where they're listed. I'm going to ge bold and update Masters of Horrow at the same time as After Dark (Best Buy has them for $7.50 each til Sunday), plus they all give great slip cover. All for now, before next time coudl any of you faithful out there check your Extended ver of Stripes to see if it's sc mirrored the DVD case or was it different. I, which my every increasingly bad memory, remember a green slip cover reminiciant of the old realse where Bill is playing Unlce Sam and handing and poster. Nother like the white big . Any thoughts, opinions, curses, greatly appreciated...nite nite
Old 08-31-07, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
The upcoming Face/Off and Flashdance Collector's Editions have slip covers.
Old 08-31-07, 01:24 AM

I Heart Huckabees - Single Disc version also has a slipcover.
Old 08-31-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the upcoming 2disc version of troy directors cut will come in a slipsleeve
Old 08-31-07, 07:45 PM

Hero High and Mission Magic both have slipcovers. They're 2 of the Filmation DVDs from BCI/Ink and Paint.

Has any one here bought the new "restored" Halloween DVD at Best Buy? On another thread here a poster swears that the sleeve at Best Buy is slightly different. Unless it was temporary or a printing mistake, I've yet to see any difference. I've even held the box I bought at Target next to the Best Buy one. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen what the other poster was talking about.
Old 08-31-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SnapOnTool
Vale, i know you listed MofH's counter AfterDark Fest - "8 Films you could Die for" somewhere in the list but i could find it with the a sphegetti maze were creating with so many threads - Sergio Leon would be proud. Can you tell me where they're listed.
They're on the list under their main titles - i.e., Penny Dreadful (After Dark Horrorfest).

Originally Posted by SnapOnTool
All for now, before next time coudl any of you faithful out there check your Extended ver of Stripes to see if it's sc mirrored the DVD case or was it different.
The slipcase mirrored the DVD case exactly.
Old 09-04-07, 04:38 PM

The new releases I saw today were "Delta Farce" and "Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams".
Old 09-05-07, 01:20 AM

Date Movie :Unrated
Old 09-05-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's what I saw at Wal-Mart today (beyond the Delta Farce & Enchanted Tales releases):

Resident Evil / Resident Evil: Apocalypse: Resurrected Edition
Kickin' It Old Skool
Unholy
R.L. Stine's Haunting Hour
Wind Chill
Carlito's Way: Crime Saga Collection (Carlito's Way / Carlito's Way: Rise To Power)
Chill Out Scooby-Doo! (Original Movie)
The City of Violence: Ultimate Edition
The Shadow Riders: 25th Anniversary Edition
Thomas & Friends: Thomas' Halloween Adventures
Animal 2: Unrated
Meet the Parents / Meet the Fockers: The Circle of Trust Collection
Dr. T and the Women: Special Edition
Old 09-05-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's the Cliff Notes DVDs (Movies packed with Cliff Note version of novel):

Les Miserables
Jane Eyre
Of Mice and Men
Wuthering Heights
Moby Dick
Henry V
Anna Karenina
Inherit the Wind
Lord of the Flies
Old 09-05-07, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Based on DVDActive's images, both Transformers DVDs (single and 2-disc) will have slipcovers.
Old 09-06-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

gindhouse "death proof" will come in a slipsleeve.
Old 09-12-07, 10:17 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
This may have been mentioned, or not count for this thread, but figured I'd mention it.

Walmart has a new display of Fox TV series, all in new slipcases touting "an emmy award nominated series".

I saw the xfiles mythology collections, arrested development, and maybe 30 others.
Old 09-12-07, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor
This may have been mentioned, or not count for this thread, but figured I'd mention it.

Walmart has a new display of Fox TV series, all in new slipcases touting "an emmy award nominated series".

I saw the xfiles mythology collections, arrested development, and maybe 30 others.

Oy. It's getting to be a hassle keeping up with all the re-issue slipcovers.

What I saw today:

Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror
The Graduate: 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition
Shadow Puppets
Old 09-12-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the condemned comes in a slipsleeve
Old 09-12-07, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor

Unless it was just my Walmart, if you look at those TV series, they're the same as the old ones with the Emmy Award cover actually just a piece of paper(similar to the sheet that comes inside some DVDs)placed over the box. Unless you keep it in the plastic cellophane, the sheet isn't connected to the box.
Old 09-12-07, 07:24 PM

Has anyone seen a single DVD of Thundercats that comes with a sleeve with velvet on it? I've been buying the Season 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, and 2.2 box sets, but this single disc version is new to me. I saw it at the DeepDiscountDVD store(it's an online DVD store that just opened an actual store in the suburbs outside Chicago). I don't now if this is an import, store exclusive, or what. There is an out-of-print listing for this on Amazon, but a lot of Amazons listings are incorrect in that they're imports or store exclusives without saying so. It's getting to be impossible to keep the DVD sleeves straight what with their short shelf life, store exclusive sleeves, and re-releases.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.