Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

The Definitive DVDs with Slipcases/Slipcovers Thread (Ver.2)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

The Definitive DVDs with Slipcases/Slipcovers Thread (Ver.2)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well hope you find time again in the near future, this thread really misses you!
Old 08-09-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hannah Montana And Miley Cyrus: Best Of Both Worlds Concert - 2 Disc Extended Edition.

it comes with very cool Lenticular Cover slipcover.
Old 08-09-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I haven't been able to find the Bale/Ledger slipcover for "I'm Not There" anywhere in the U.S. . Is there anyone in Canada who can pick that up for me PLEASE? I would just buy the whole DVD, but Amazon has it for $6.99 right now matching Best Buy U.S. so I had to order it there.
Old 08-13-08, 11:11 PM

Smart People comes with a slipcover.
Old 08-14-08, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

prom night unrated comes with a slipsleeve.
Old 08-15-08, 03:10 PM
TRC

At Wal-Mart I saw reissues of Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third with new slipcovers. Presumably there's one for Shrek 1 out there, but this store didn't have it.

Old 08-16-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw Felon today at Wal-Mart with slipcover.

Also picked up some used releases today ($4, couldn't pass up) so if anyone has extras or can get a hold of slipcovers for

Rendition
War
Walk Hard: 2-Disc Unrated Edition

(All Widescreen)

it would be much appreciated. PM if possible, thanks!
Old 08-17-08, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by TRC
At Wal-Mart I saw reissues of Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third with new slipcovers. Presumably there's one for Shrek 1 out there, but this store didn't have it.
I recall seeing a copy of Bee Movie on the checkout desk with a similar slipcover and was wondering where it came from.. It was a FS slipcover though..
Later
Old 08-17-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what happens in vegas extended jackpot special edition comes with a slipsleeve.
Old 08-17-08, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Saw a couple more today. One was The American Mall. Yeah, I think it's one of those mtv teen things.

Also, saw another interesting one today. At Kmart of all places (first time I've been there in months!) It was a lenticular slipcover for Me, Myself & Irene. Here are some pics, it says "From Gentle" then when you move it "To Mental"

Last edited by pridesticks06; 10-03-08 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-17-08, 04:18 PM

Mulan I & II boxset

Hi. I noticed that some retails have the Mulan I and II boxset having either one of the slipcover or non at all. Have anyone seen someplace that has both slipcover? I'm looking for them and I don't really want to get 2 boxsets for the slipcovers..
Thanks
Old 08-19-08, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
What I saw during lunch (at Barnes & Noble):

Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert - The 3-D Movie
Gossip Girl: The Complete First Season
Get Smart: Season 1
Bra Boys

I'm gonna hit Best Buy after work (trying to get that Sarah Conner Steelbook) to see what else came out.
Old 08-19-08, 05:59 PM

Here's what I saw:

Prom Night (Unrated Version)
Prom Night (Original Theatrical Version)
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete First Season
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete First Season (Bluray)
Camp Rock (Extended Rock Star Edition)
Old 08-19-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also:

The Scorpion King 2
Old 08-21-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just saw this posted in the Iron Man Thread:

During the final minutes of Comic-Con the Paramount booth was handing out Iron Man Limited Edition (numbered) slip cases. I'll post a picture tomorrow, but it's lenticular with the three different Iron Man Suits.
Limited to 5000 I believe.

Old 08-21-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

During the final minutes of Comic-Con the Paramount booth was handing out Iron Man Limited Edition (numbered) slip cases. I'll post a picture tomorrow, but it's lenticular with the three different Iron Man Suits.

Old 08-26-08, 12:05 PM

Here are the new releases I saw today:

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning
What Happens In Vegas (Digital Copy Special Edition)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (Collector's Edition) Bluray
Postal (Unrated)

Also from a few weeks ago, I don't know if these were mentioned or not:

The Mummy (Deluxe Edition) Bluray
The Mummy Returns (Deluxe Edition) Bluray
Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay (Unrated Special Edition) Bluray

Last edited by geicos27; 08-26-08 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-26-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I also saw:

Virgin Territory
The Take
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Collector's Edition - DVD
Old 08-29-08, 09:17 PM

Iron Man question, question for Philip74 and stuff...

Originally Posted by The Valeyard

Great pic, very exciting!! I was in FYE the other day and (naturally) they are doing a steelbook Iron Man. And if you only get ONE steelbook this year, shouldn't it be Iron Man?

But that lenticular looks great. Did you say who's going to have it Vale?

Also, was in Walmart tonight and got the Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Jeanne Garafalo (sp?).....DRAMA (that's right, read it again....DRAMA), "Permanent Midnight" (great movie actually) with a very cool slip cover. Not your typical "Click/Hitch" variety where the sc is just a flimsy card board copy of the case art, but different pics on front and back, different text decribing the features. Very nice...very similar to the one for "Confidence". Not sure if it's on your list on not...

Also, Vale, (little back story first) since i got both the "Masters of Horror" box sets, being a purist (some people might say anal retentive nightmare), i still want all the slipcovers from the individual titles (even without the DVDs). I have all of Season One SCs for MofH, but only have 3 for Season 2. Vale, you didn't have "The Black Cat" on your list which surprised cuz i figured you just typed in the whole series when you entered it. Anyway, "The Black Cat" definately has one..saw it in FYE the other day.

Also, Nightmare Before Christmas has a cool "Jack Skellington Head" slipcover for the 2 disc (i really want the numbered limited busts, but it is $120)

So for Vale's list update
Permanent Midnight
Nightmare Before Christmas
Filmation Justice League complete series
The Black Cat (Masters of Horror Season 2)
Afro Samuri (2 disc director's cut)

Also, who needed "Wrong Turn 2"? Was it Philip74?? Whomever it was, i got it for you. Send me a PM with your address and i'll send it off as soon as i get it. Thanks...

Last edited by SnapOnTool; 08-31-08 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-29-08, 09:54 PM

Dark City follow up...

Originally Posted by animatedude
any pix of the dark city packaging.
Here's the Dark City "slipcase" because Philip is right, it's not the standard top loader...it's more like Constantine 2 disc which i don't know if we consider those slipcovers or not? Vale? you're the master of all covers that slip, what say you?

I mean, the slip case sometimes will have a UPC because it's such thick packaging that it warrents it's own, but the DVD inside would "stand up" on it's own. The only glaring "non slipcover" slip covers to me are the JFK, Boogie Nights, Enter the Dragon, Unforgiven (all the New Line, Warner Bros) 2 discs that basically serve as containers for gate fold dual DVDs. If the slipcase were not there, the DVDs would just sprawl out all willy nilly (and that's no slipcover, that's packaging).

But, i digress (as i often do), Is the Constantine / Dark City slip case something that belongs here. My 1 1/2 cents says "yes" because it is just a slipcover that side loads instead of top and when they do have their own UPC, it's usually reprinted on the DVD as well. What does everyone else think?
Old 08-29-08, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i always thought a slip cover was, just like you mentioned, top loading.

as for dark city, constantine, et al, slip case seems appropriate.

so technically, they are not the same, but dark city does belong here as the title of the thread is "definitive dvds with slipcases/slipcovers thread"
Old 08-30-08, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey all,

Originally Posted by SnapOnTool
Great pic, very exciting!! I was in FYE the other day and (naturally) they are doing a steelbook Iron Man. And if you only get ONE steelbook this year, shouldn't it be Iron Man?

But that lenticular looks great. Did you say who's going to have it Vale?
No one. That slipcover was only available on the last day of this year's San Diego Comic Con. It's numbered and limited to 5000 covers. There's more pix of it in the Iron Man Thread on the regular Talk Forum.

Also, Vale, (little back story first) since i got both the "Masters of Horror" box sets, being a purist (some people might say anal retentive nightmare), i still want all the slipcovers from the individual titles (even without the DVDs). I have all of Season One SCs for MofH, but only have 3 for Season 2. Vale, you didn't have "The Black Cat" on your list which surprised cuz i figured you just typed in the whole series when you entered it. Anyway, "The Black Cat" definately has one..saw it in FYE the other day.
Huh. Must have missed it in an update. Thanks! I'll add it in the next fix.

Sidenote - I picked up the Nightmare head AND the Blu-Ray. The wife and I are serious Nightmare fans. The head is pure awesome.

Here's the Dark City "slipcase" because Philip is right, it's not the standard top loader...it's more like Constantine 2 disc which i don't know if we consider those slipcovers or not? Vale? you're the master of all covers that slip, what say you?
I think we decided that IF the DVD could be sold without the Slipcover/Case, it goes on the list. You are correct when you say....

I mean, the slip case sometimes will have a UPC because it's such thick packaging that it warrents it's own, but the DVD inside would "stand up" on it's own. The only glaring "non slipcover" slip covers to me are the JFK, Boogie Nights, Enter the Dragon, Unforgiven (all the New Line, Warner Bros) 2 discs that basically serve as containers for gate fold dual DVDs. If the slipcase were not there, the DVDs would just sprawl out all willy nilly (and that's no slipcover, that's packaging).
Warner would never release Boogie Nights without the surrounding cover. But they COULD release the new Dark City without the slipcase.

So yeah. It belongs on the list.
Old 08-30-08, 06:43 PM

Hi. I saw this transparent red slipcover for Dexter season 2 at Bestbuy Canada.. Has anyone seen it anywere else?
Later
Old 08-30-08, 10:01 PM

would the plastic that goes over "the nightmare before christmas" really count as a slipcover? i mean, i understand why it's there to protect the opening. but it's almost completely bare except for a reprinting of the title and then the digital copy information on the back.
Old 08-31-08, 01:22 PM

Valed replies :)

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Hey all,

Sidenote - I picked up the Nightmare head AND the Blu-Ray. The wife and I are serious Nightmare fans. The head is pure awesome.
Yeah and isn't it awesome that you can dress Jack Skellington up in the little "Sandy Claus" beard and hat around Christmas time? Plus you get the full lenght "Franken-wienie" (actually you get that on the plain 2 disc as well...did Buena Vista release a 1 disc version?)

Here's my question, for the Collectible Bust version of NMBC (Yes, i realize Nightmare is one word, but i didn't want the acronym to be NBC , with the bust, do you get the slipcover and package that comes with the 2 disc or do they stick the DVDs inside the bust somewhere like Fox did with the Ceasar head Planet of the Apes Ultimate set (that face still scares me some nights when i come around the corner) or like the Best Buy Alien vs Predator Ult set (all 15 discs are hidden within the base of each respective statue...very covert actually). So i'm guessing the NMBC bust holds the DVDs somewhere and now i have to figure a way to get the 2 disc case as well (and heaven help me if the single disc version has it's own SC).

Warner would never release Boogie Nights without the surrounding cover. But they COULD release the new Dark City without the slipcase.

So yeah. It belongs on the list.
Yeah but remember, Warner stopped doing the Slip Case for Boogie Nights and packaged it in just a dual amary case. Those card board SC's are very hard to find now (at least here on the right coast) for "Boogie Nights"..i actually just got it on ebay. Every once in a while Best Buy puts all those on sale for $9.99 like 2 weeks ago and then they'll get in a bunch of Constantine, Wyatt Earp, JFK, Black Hawk Down 3 disc....none of these which belong on your list (but "Dark City" does), i totally agree. It's just such a wierd animal...the gatefold cover.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.