Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

canaryfarmer's Buffy and Angel covers

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

canaryfarmer's Buffy and Angel covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 09:03 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks awesome. Could I get both sets as well please?

[email protected]
Old 09-12-06, 10:57 PM

Hey canary...love the covers...any chance I can get my hands on both sets? hot96altima(a)adelphia.net.

Also, would you know of a place to get some nice DVD faces for Angel? I have an Epson that can print right onto DVD media, but sadly cannot find any that are worthy of being on mine...

Thanks!!

Z
Old 09-13-06, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by hot96altima
Hey canary...love the covers...any chance I can get my hands on both sets? hot96altima(a)adelphia.net.

Also, would you know of a place to get some nice DVD faces for Angel? I have an Epson that can print right onto DVD media, but sadly cannot find any that are worthy of being on mine...

Thanks!!

Z
Hmm. I'm pretty sure the Angel sets you bought in the store already have art on the disc. Seems weird that you'd want to cover that up...? Maybe yours didn't have art printed on them for some reason? I'd take them back to the store in that case to get them exchanged.
Old 09-21-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Awesome covers! I have never printed any covers because I didn't have any great desire to replace factory cases. These have tipped the scale. (Now I have to figure out how to print them if anyone has any advice.)

I'd definitely love to have both sets please. Thanks!

dvdbot(at)gmx.net
Old 10-03-06, 06:18 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Hi,
Your covers are great and exactly what i've been searching for. I know its a bit cheeky as this is my first post but could you please e-mail me a copy of the Angel cases please? My address is [email protected]

Thanks Jake
Old 10-04-06, 08:28 AM

haha same here as above me ... first post and begging for bolth sets of Buffy and Angel :P

The bolth look marvelous !

My email : scoobycookies(at)hotmail.com

Last edited by Scoobix; 10-04-06 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-04-06, 09:10 AM

hey i just saw your covers and i thought they were amazing. ive been lookin for the angels ones for ages. So please can you send me all the buffy covers and the angel covers my email address is [email protected] . Thanx
Old 10-14-06, 09:10 PM

Wow, the these covers look better than the originals! Could you please send me the hi-res Buffy and Angel set covers? I always take my dvds in and out and my boxes look really beat up. [email protected]

Jessica
Old 10-28-06, 03:23 PM

hy can any were help me.sorry my englis is not god.i need the cover from buffy saeson six part 2, but must say in german,i have the rest in german and dies 2 i dont have.

please help me
Old 11-22-06, 06:58 PM

Hi, I'd much appreciate both sets please they are quality.

[email protected]

Many thanks.
Old 11-29-06, 07:43 AM

loved the covers =)
loved them so much that I want them even =)
so feel free to send me the buffy and angel covers if you have the time =)
[email protected]
Old 12-18-06, 05:32 AM

Hey, Would you mind sending me a set of hi res copies of the Angels covers, yours are cooler than the box they came in: [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 12-23-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Love these, any chance I could get both sets? [email protected] ...also if you ever did the movie cover to match the seasons, Id love that too
Old 01-05-07, 11:59 AM

Beautiful sets... much better than my own attempts. I'd love a copy of both sets if they're available. [email protected]

Thanks much

-Gavin
Old 01-07-07, 01:18 PM
Bye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marioxb
Hmm. I'm pretty sure the Angel sets you bought in the store already have art on the disc. Seems weird that you'd want to cover that up...? Maybe yours didn't have art printed on them for some reason? I'd take them back to the store in that case to get them exchanged.
I hope (and assume) that you are kidding. This person obviously wants art to use for bootlegs, whether for sale, or just rip-and-burn discs for their personal use. While the absence of label art helps make sure they don't get everything they want, it's just more evidence of the undeniable fact that the availability of "custom covers" for whatever purpose inevitably attracts bootleggers, or at least people who avoid buying DVDs by just ripping and burning or downloading.
Old 01-07-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mike, I am 185% certain that marioxb was being sarcastic, and was probably hoping to see what kind of response he would get.

I don't do custom disc labels as there is no reason for them except for boots or rips.
Old 01-08-07, 03:47 PM

great covers!!! Pls can I have both sets? [email protected] many thanks
Old 01-08-07, 05:42 PM
Bye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
Mike, I am 185% certain that marioxb was being sarcastic, and was probably hoping to see what kind of response he would get.

I don't do custom disc labels as there is no reason for them except for boots or rips.
Exactly. I was curious myself to see what the guy's excuse would be, and to see if marioxb was indeed toying with the guy. Since he didn't get a response, I figured I'd point out what was probably the intent of mario's post -- that requests for labels mean someone's ripped and burned.

Of course I also wanted to reiterate how custom covers just naturally attract bootleggers, and therefore they probably shouldn't be allowed here, but I don't see that changing any time soon.
Old 01-24-07, 10:59 AM

Hi, I think the covers look amazing - could I have both sets please? My email address is [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 01-24-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Adams
Of course I also wanted to reiterate how custom covers just naturally attract bootleggers, and therefore they probably shouldn't be allowed here, but I don't see that changing any time soon.
To be fair the hobby basically began here and was never intended for boots anyway. At the time I don't even think burners were all that viable at that point in time due to cost of media. It was all about replacing horrendous covers with giant floating heads and critic quotes with (at the time) mostly original poster art. As well as converting snappers.

*edit, BTW, I love the backs of these covers.
Old 01-24-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, Michael. Your work is always top drawer, so I really do appreciate it.

I also agree completely with your sentiment on why people do this. I was visiting DVDCoverart.com daily (way way way back in the day) just to see the amazing work people were putting forth to replace the horrible retail art we were being saddled with. My favorite design maxim is

-There is no excuse for bad design-

and the DVD custom cover community was (and still is) simply trying to enforce this, I believe. I have a degree in Graphic Design and it's what I do for a living. It's my life, really. Knowing that there is such a rabid community to improve something as (relatively) unimportant as dvd cover art makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited by canaryfarmer; 01-24-07 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-13-07, 11:47 AM
Cool New Member

I'm an idiot

Could I get those covers again dude? Yes, I'm an idiot who doesn't make backups...

[email protected]
Old 02-16-07, 05:05 PM

Could you please send me Boffy covers, please??

[email protected]
Old 02-20-07, 12:52 PM

plz send me the buffy covers

[email protected]

thanks in advance.
Old 03-16-07, 08:21 AM

Wow, nice, Canaryfarmer. It seems like everyone is asking so I'll join in. Could you send me hi-res of all the Buffy and Angel seasons? [email protected] Many thanks. Have you done any covers for any of the X-files seasons?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.