Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Standard width 2 DVD "flipper"?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-05, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see these at shop4tech, does anyone sell the flipper style cases? I'd like to replace some of my dual disc cases, but I obviously want to keep the chapter insert.

Is there another alternative that's better, with room for the insert?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-05, 04:04 AM

Old 12-20-05, 02:59 PM

Do a search for dual DVD cases there are some that sell them but they're not cheap and hard to find. Your best bet would be the type that allows you to insert the extra disc flapper. I think it's Amray and the other starts with an N sorry I can't remember.
I settled for regular dual cases for now because I need to figure out how to gain more room. I'm thinking of going to slim cases but the spline is gonna be hard to read. I can't remember the sites where I saw those cases but don't buy from YESBUY unless you're willing to wait, it will be two weeks before I see my cases and they might be junk. If you find a good site to buy them from post it here.
Old 12-20-05, 03:02 PM

check supermediastore.com or meritline.com
you wont be able to find the amray dvd cases (those are expensive) but they have decent cases.
I did receive a few slimstyle double dvd cases. Pretty sharp and they are true 7mm dvd cases.

at one time, blockbuster used to sell their used Amrays for really cheap. They have since discontinued that though.
Old 12-20-05, 03:28 PM

Both Blockbuster and Hollywood used to have the DVDs shipped to their stores in the original cases and then replaced all the cases with their own they have since stopped doing that. I got about 300 cases from Hollywood that were used as displays when they opened a store here because they had too many shipped from corporate office.
Old 12-20-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Sleeve City has some nice cases. They also have the add-a-page which allows you to add a second disc to a standard case, although this would hide part of the insert.

Oh, another thing: with the add-a-page, I was able to cram 3 discs into a single-sized case, but this only seems to work with the style of case that Warner uses for their 2-disc sets like Goodfellas. It's a tight fit but the case does close.

Last edited by Drexl; 12-20-05 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-26-05, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by colour
I settled for regular dual cases for now because I need to figure out how to gain more room.
I would do that, but then I'd lose the chapter insert. I'm just looking to replace a few cases with sticker goo and two BBPV.
Old 12-28-05, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by ShallowHal
I would do that, but then I'd lose the chapter insert. I'm just looking to replace a few cases with sticker goo and two BBPV.
The ones I got do have a chapter insert in the middle between the disc. As I said I bought these from YESBUY. I paid $24.00 for 100 free shipping. But they are junk. I already broke two because of the tabs that hold them closed. If you don't use them often they're fine, especially for the price. I couldn't beat this deal because shipping is usually as much or more than the cases.

Many of the ones I got from Hollywood had a sticker on them. What I did was heat it up with a hair dryer while peeling it of then I reversed a roll of masking tape and removed the glue by rolling it over the glue it can deform the plastic a bit if it gets too hot.
Old 12-28-05, 05:13 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Try one of the best dealers on the net: http://www.genesysdtp.com/. Then, search for "Double DVD Box With Hinged Flap".

You can even order samples! I've never had a problem with his cases. Shipping is a bit high, but he carries things others don't.

Last edited by Mao; 12-28-05 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-28-05, 07:01 PM

That's perfect, Mao! I like the different order levels, it doesn't jump from 10 to 100.

White-10pak $4.25
2DVDFlap-10pak $5.00
Item Subtotal: $9.25
Shipping Cost: $9.44
GRAND TOTAL: $18.69

Ten double cases and ten white single cases, not a bad deal. Now I can replace the random white cases (Blow, Disney) and I got my flippers. Thanks again, Mao.

Last edited by ShallowHal; 12-29-05 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-29-05, 06:19 PM

Try one of the best dealers on the net:http://www.genesysdtp.com

That's the site I was trying to think of!! I'll have to bookmark it this time.
Old 01-08-06, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by ShallowHal
That's perfect, Mao! I like the different order levels, it doesn't jump from 10 to 100.

White-10pak $4.25
2DVDFlap-10pak $5.00
Item Subtotal: $9.25
Shipping Cost: $9.44
GRAND TOTAL: $18.69

Ten double cases and ten white single cases, not a bad deal. Now I can replace the random white cases (Blow, Disney) and I got my flippers. Thanks again, Mao.
I got the order on Friday, I'm happy with the cases. The DVD hub is a bit beefier than standard cases. The "snap" that keeps them closed feels alot stronger, too. Also, their packing was among the best I've seen. The cases were taped inside bubble wrap, with plenty of packing materials used so they didn't move around.

Great recommendation, Mao!

Last edited by ShallowHal; 01-08-06 at 04:22 PM.