DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Garden State?

Old 12-27-04, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garden State?

I posted this here awhile back but got no takers. I figured since the DVD is out tomorrow I'd try again:

Anybody got any good Garden State covers? Ideally, I'm looking for one which uses the excellent poster art instead of the photoshopped monstrosity that is the official release cover...

Thanks!
Old 12-27-04, 05:08 PM

I have one available on my site...
www.bunnydojo.com and click on the "Full-Resolution Samples" link. There's a preview of it in the "Media Packaging" section too if you want to see it before you download it.

Hope it helps.
Old 12-27-04, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

bunny, your cover for collateral ROCKS! many props for a job well done!
Old 12-29-04, 04:15 PM

Thanks, bunny - I love the Garden State cover!
Old 12-31-04, 02:09 PM

Great Dvd Cover. Thanks!
I have a question though, because it is so big how do I get it to print out the actual size of a dvd cover so I can cut it out and slip it in?
Old 12-31-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really dig your Memento cover too. I wish I still had the single disc version of it so I could swap the cover out.

http://www.bunnydojo.com/mpmeme.php
Old 12-31-04, 08:05 PM

Wow Great Work, Keep it up man! Props on Garden State
Old 01-01-05, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Bunny's The Untouchables cover myself.
Old 01-02-05, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

For Bubble, there should be printing instructions in the sticky thread in this section of the forum, but I haven't looked there in a long time so here's a copy and pasted tutorial of sorts:

For Printing out the covers found on this site, I highly recommend using a program such as Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro (use the links to download demos). Another program that works very well for just printing is a shareware app called DVD Cover Print. It's $8 to register and makes printing covers a breeze. A lot of simple picture viewers have issues with images that are >100dpi (the high-resolution images on this site are all 300dpi).

For best results I recommend using a good quality inkjet paper that is slightly thicker than regular paper, and has a brightness of 92 or above. Glossy or matte finish doesn't make a big difference - it depends on which look you prefer. Always print on the highest quality printer setting possible.

The standard DVD cover size is 10.8"x7.25". This presents a problem when trying to print on regular 8.5"x11" paper, because most printers cannot print close enough to the back edge to print the entire cover. The solution is to either a) use 8.5"x14" (legal sized) paper, or b) tape a small 2-3" strip of paper to the end of your 8.5"x11" sheet so your printer can print the entire length of the cover. This "tricks" the printer into thinking the paper is longer. Either way you need to set the print mode to landscape and make sure the leading (left) margin is 0 or as small as possible. If you use legal sized paper be sure to set that properly in the print setup option of whatever program you are using.

Glad I could help a little... when I saw the reatil cover I knew someone would be after an alternative soon enough
Old 01-02-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
I've tried the trick of taping a little nub of paper to the bottom of 8.5x11 pages, but I've never gotten it to work properly on my printer.

My workaround, which may not appeal to everyone, is to print the front and back covers separately, including the full spine on both parts. The duplicated spines will overlap. A little glue stick and the pressure of closing the DVD keepcase on top of them will hold them together, and if you do it right the appearance should be pretty seamless.
Old 01-08-05, 08:08 AM

Those covers are really fantastic.

Is the Garden State cover still available to download? I would love to be able to replace the current shoddy version with something so asthetically pleasing.
Old 01-08-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Bunny, just found a ton of your covers on a certain someone's site. Sad. I know you hate that as much as I. But that is how I snagged your Garden State, Collateral, Reign of Fire, and SWAT covers. All four are stellar. I just wish you would send me the one I truly desire.
Old 01-10-05, 06:00 PM

And which one would that be?
Old 01-10-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Email me, you have your DVDtalk email disabled. I'd rather discuss privately.

twilightzonemailbox @ yahoo.com