Search

Dinosaur CE and Buena Vista Recall/ReAuthoring

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-02, 05:06 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Kevin M. Dean
Well, here we are a year later and as far as I know, no sign of the new Dinosaur disc. Does anyone know what the hell Disney is up to?
Probably consider it...swipe under the rug
Old 01-25-02, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, i originally pirced matched it at Target for an ad misprice of $19.99. Well i sent it back to BVHV about 2 months ago. Well 3 weeks ago i get this check made out to me from BVHV for $43 !! Way to GO Buena VIsta Home Video. You made my day. Great customer service, Disney. Thanks!!
Old 01-25-02, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ILikeDVD
Well, i originally pirced matched it at Target for an ad misprice of $19.99. Well i sent it back to BVHV about 2 months ago. Well 3 weeks ago i get this check made out to me from BVHV for $43 !! Way to GO Buena VIsta Home Video. You made my day. Great customer service, Disney. Thanks!!

Jean Paul
Old 01-25-02, 11:40 PM
Cool New Member

I called earlier this week, and the story I got this time was that the revised disc was done, but that it was sent out to only a few people to test. No ETA on when they're planning to ship them out to the rest of us though.
Old 01-27-02, 01:19 PM

I got the same story several months ago, then a couple months ago they said the testing was done and we should all get it soon. Then last month they told me no new info. It's rather frustrating...
Old 02-15-02, 11:07 PM

My replacement copy of Dinosaur CE arrived today. Heck of a shock.

The problems I'd been having (on a Panasonic DVD-C220) seemed to be the common ones: FF/REV didn't work, PAUSE didn't work, and setting up captioning was weird and unreliable.

The new copy has fixed the FF/REV and PAUSE problems. Selecting captions is still weird, but reliably so, so I'll count that as a fix; I can live with it. However, a new problem surfaced, one that does not exist on the old copy. Direct addressing of chapter stops no longer works. This is not an unacceptable problem, and is far less annoying than the old problems; but good grief, how can this one disc be so full of problems that have already been solved by studios and their production contractors?

Disney wants me to send the old copy back to them.

These problems involve Disc 1, btw; I never noticed any problems with Disc 2, nor have I checked out the new copy (but I will).
Old 02-15-02, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: DINOSAUR and PANASONIC R-80 /JVC 523

Originally posted by STUNYC97
On the JVC 523..It plays perfectly.
Every defective disk that wuld not play on my
PANASONIC DVD R-80 play PERFECT on the JVC XV-523GD

That makes me mad.. The JVC is a $180 Budget player
and the PANASONIC is a $350 (Store price)Player!
I, too, have the JVC-XV523 and when I borrowed my friend's version of Dinosaur:CE, it was perfect. I checked out everything on both discs and it worked flawlessly.

I bought the XV523 because it had one of the MOST features for a "cheaper" player. People are always showing me how I could save money buying an APEX or something similar for about $100. But my money was well spent considering I haven't had major compatibility problem.
Old 02-16-02, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well like i mentioned a long while ago, i did get my $41 dollar check refund from BVHE. And guess what, guess what i got in the mail today. The brand NEW repressed DINOSAUR DVD. Along with it i got a memo to fill and return postage for the old dvd. But i already turned it in and received a huge refund already. What do I do ??
Old 02-16-02, 08:19 PM

Just got mine today. Threw it in and it worked just fine! Quite a layer change, however...
Old 02-17-02, 01:24 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How did you get your replacement copy? Any contact details or how-to?
Old 02-17-02, 03:51 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ummm... anyone else receive 2 replacement copies of the CE?

I had problems with the single disc version, so over a year ago I called to complain (you know the rest of the story).
Fast forward to summer 2001, so I bought the Disney 6 disc box set at Costco (which included the Dinosaur CE), by then I had given up hope that Disney would follow through.

This past Tuesday (Feb 12, 2002) I thought I'd give Disney one more chance so I called and got the same old polite song and dance but this time there was a twist, they had just finished mastering new versions of the disc and it should be shipped soon! Yeah, yeah whatev.... HUH? Friday I received a copy of the CE!!!

Ok so what, big deal, but Saturday I received another copy of the CE in the mail! So now I have 4 versions (3 CE's all shrink wrapped, I never opened the box set version and 1 single disc version) the latter being the original problem disc.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do? Besides the obvious one, keeping my mouth shut.
Old 02-17-02, 04:05 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by hal9000
Besides the obvious one, keeping my mouth shut.
You just told the world
Old 06-06-02, 01:35 PM

To those who have gotten their replacement did they give you a new 2 disk set or a new single set? I just called today about my copy and they said that they would just give the replacement for the standard edition (one disk set). They said there isn't a replacement for the two disk set yet? any thoughts?
Old 06-06-02, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by iove
To those who have gotten their replacement did they give you a new 2 disk set or a new single set? I just called today about my copy and they said that they would just give the replacement for the standard edition (one disk set). They said there isn't a replacement for the two disk set yet? any thoughts?
I got the 2-disk set sent to me a while back and the replacement worked fine for me, so try back again. You may have just had a bad Customer Service person.
Old 09-10-02, 06:42 AM
Banned

Does anyone know how we can tell the difference between the old defective Dinosaur
discs and the new non-defective ones? Is there anything on the packaging? I'm
referring to the Special 2 disc special edition set. Please help if you can. Thanks.
Old 09-10-02, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't know if this was revised from the old version since they had me send it back, but the fixed one that I have has the number 21924 on it's spine and an ISBN number of 0-7888-2743-X. If someone has the original and can compare those numbers to theirs you might have a difference there.