Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Heard About Their Replacement Cases for "T2 Extreme" DVD?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-03, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like so many others, I wound up with a shredded plastic case thanks to that ridiculous metal case for the "T2 Extreme" DVD. On the homepage of this website was an email link to request a replacement case free of charge if your case was damaged. I emailed but have not gotten any response whatsoever. It's only been two weeks, so I'm not expecting the replacement case delivered this soon, but I am a bit miffed that I haven't gotten a reply back just to let me know that my email was received and action will be taken. Honestly, how they have designed and implemented such a destructive outercase and not realized all the damage it would do when someone attempts to pull if off. Seems like a huge oversight and someone needs to get their ass fired for such an embarrassing thing to happen.
Old 06-19-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just received mine today, I didn't get any kind of response when I emailed either.
Old 06-19-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So all they're offering is a replacement case? Pretty weak. How about giving us a new metal sleeve that actually fits?

I got mine from Deep Discount today, and the metal is so warped that the inner case was actually cracked open and nearly impossible to remove. I tossed it into a box in the closet, never to be seen again... The thing wouldn't even stand up straight on the shelf, so my T2:EE is much better off as just a standard Amaray.
Old 06-19-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got mine 2 days after I sent them an e-mail. I was awestruck to say the least.
Old 06-19-03, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SCHMEGGA
I got mine 2 days after I sent them an e-mail. I was awestruck to say the least.
As did I, that first day they put up the email, I sent one, and the case was their 2, maybe 3 days after. It was great.
Old 06-19-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep...only it was 2 days after the phone call.
Old 06-19-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone have the email address again?
Old 06-19-03, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
yep...only it was 2 days after the phone call.
Phone call??? I would be very interested to get that phone number. Also, the email address would also be good to get ahold of again. Someone please help.
Old 06-19-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tarnower
Phone call??? I would be very interested to get that phone number. Also, the email address would also be good to get ahold of again. Someone please help.
maybe do a search. I believe it was in a post concerning the screwed-up pakaging. you could leave a messege about whatever...so I stated the problem and BAM!....I had the case. find the # for Artisan...thats the one I used.
Old 06-20-03, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I recieved mine this week also. I take back what I said Artisan. You guys are OK in my book
Old 06-20-03, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Got mine 3 days after the e-mail and there was no confirmation ntice telling me it was on its way. It just showed up.
Old 06-20-03, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Everything you ever wanted to know is here
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=296562
Old 06-20-03, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In light of the many posts regarding packaging problems with the new Terminator 2: Extreme Edition DVD, Artisan Entertainment would like to inform your members that replacement plastic cases can be obtained by calling our Account Services hotline at 800.650.7099.

We are aware of the problems with the first-run of the metal O card packaging for T2 and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused your members. I ask that you please be so kind as to post this information and allow us to do our best to address the concerns of your members.

The email is [email protected]
Old 06-20-03, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i got my replacement a few business days after sending the e-mail. their response was fantastic.

but i guess i'm still a little ticked knowing that i can't put the movie back into the metal tin. using a test amaray case, i've tried putting in and taking out the case thru the top and bottom, backwards and forwards, with disasterous results. even flipped around, the amaray gets scratched up. now this dvd is going to take up twice the shelf space it normally would've. *sigh*
Old 06-20-03, 03:26 PM

Mine came yesterday and included the cover slip as well as the case. This is great since I clipped the Proof-of-Purchase on my old cover for the $5 rebate or whatever it was. Even though it's not a big deal, I hate having that cut-out section on the package!

Plus my old case wasn't too badly damaged, so now I have an extra 2-DVD case. Sweeet.
Old 06-20-03, 03:45 PM

Got Mine
Old 06-20-03, 05:35 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got mine yesterday in a white large paper envelope.
Old 06-20-03, 09:15 PM

Same here.
Old 06-20-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I called the day of release, when they gave us the info and number. And got my replacement keep case in 2 days.
Old 06-20-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did you guys email them or call? I e-mailed a week or so ago and haven't seen anything yet.
Old 06-20-03, 10:13 PM

I sent an email on 6/9. I have not received a replacement case yet.
Old 06-20-03, 10:16 PM

Re: Has Anyone Heard About Their Replacement Cases for "T2 Extreme" DVD?

Like so many others, I wound up with a shredded plastic case thanks to that ridiculous metal case for the "T2 Extreme" DVD. On the homepage of this website was an email link to request a replacement case free of charge if your case was damaged. I emailed but have not gotten any response whatsoever. It's only been two weeks, so I'm not expecting the replacement case delivered this soon, but I am a bit miffed that I haven't gotten a reply back just to let me know that my email was received and action will be taken. Honestly, how they have designed and implemented such a destructive outercase and not realized all the damage it would do when someone attempts to pull if off. Seems like a huge oversight and someone needs to get their ass fired for such an embarrassing thing to happen.
How ironic! I start this thread one night, and the next day my case arrives from Artisan. Some kinda voodo goin' on.
Old 06-21-03, 04:50 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got mine literally 48 hours after e-mailing them...I'm still dazzled when I recall the fact...
Old 06-21-03, 06:39 PM

I emailed them on June 7, still no case. I emailed again June 19 and still waiting........what else do I need to do to get a replacement case?
Old 07-13-03, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my replacement cover today. I e-mailed them around the day that it came out. So, if you already sent your e-mail, then just wait patiently.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.