Wonder Woman

Old 04-08-04, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder Woman

I see some information at several resellers that the complete Season 1 of Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman series from the '70s is expected to be released on DVD in late June, 2004.

Anyone know of any source for all seasons (I think there may have only been 3 or 4 seasons in total) on DVD?

Thanks.
Old 04-08-04, 09:19 PM

Re: Wonder Woman

Originally posted by viper0066
I see some information at several resellers that the complete Season 1 of Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman series from the '70s is expected to be released on DVD in late June, 2004.

Anyone know of any source for all seasons (I think there may have only been 3 or 4 seasons in total) on DVD?
The first season isn't out yet and you somehow want to find someone who's selling ALL of them? Explain to me how that works. It's like saying... the 2006 Corvette isn't released yet, but I want to buy the 2006, 2007 and 2008 models right now. It's not possible unless you have access to a time machine so that you can travel to the future, buy the sets and then return to now with them in tow.
Old 04-08-04, 09:35 PM

Well, your lack of intelligence comes through in your analogy. To educate you, the Series of Wonder Woman have already been filmed, so applying your car analogy, it would be like asking if a restorer announced a preliminary date of having 1976 Corvettes restored with enhanced engines, if that or another restorer has any other models from the 70s Corvettes so-restored yet.

If I had wanted attitudes like yours, I'd have asked. I didn't, so take your arrogance, and go elsewhere, please.
Old 04-08-04, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
There were 3 seasons of Wonder Woman. Season 1 ran on ABC (The WWII Era) while the final two seasons ran on CBS (The NEW Adventures of Wonder Woman set in the 70s).

60 episodes all together (59 episodes plus the original Pilot Episode). This does not count the Cathy Lee Crosby TV movie from 1974.

Warner Bros is releasing Season 1 in June. England has released a few DVDs of The NEW Adventures that ran on CBS. They are R2 & PAL.

Hope that helps.

Andrew
Old 04-08-04, 10:30 PM

That does help, thanks. It would be really nice to see all 3 complete seasons (I thought it was 3 or 4, but wasn't sure) released under R1 & NTSC. I'd order them all right now.
Old 04-09-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I'm sure if Season 1 sells well, Seasons 2 & 3 will follow soon after. I'll definately be picking up Season 1 in June.

Meanwhile, here's the covers from the R2 releases from Season 2:

The New Adventures of Wonder Woman Volume 1

The New Adventures of Wonder Woman Volume 2

Each DVD has 3 episodes each. If Season 2 & 3 never grace R1, these are nice alternatives.

And just to be complete, here's the cover to Season 1:

AndrewWonder Woman: The Complete Season One

Andrew

Last edited by The Valeyard; 04-09-04 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-09-04, 05:46 AM

Well, your lack of intelligence comes through in your analogy. To educate you, the Series of Wonder Woman have already been filmed, so applying your car analogy, it would be like asking if a restorer announced a preliminary date of having 1976 Corvettes restored with enhanced engines, if that or another restorer has any other models from the 70s Corvettes so-restored yet.

If I had wanted attitudes like yours, I'd have asked. I didn't, so take your arrogance, and go elsewhere, please.
I myself am looking forward to this set..and Viper..awesome reply! This board has no need for suck condescending replies such as joshualane's..enjoy!
Old 04-09-04, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking forward to this set. Hopefully, The Flash isn't far behind.
Old 04-09-04, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by Chew
Looking forward to this set. Hopefully, The Flash isn't far behind.
Ironic, considering one would think the Flash would be out in front of everyone else....

But seriously, my wife and I are looking forward to this set also. As well asthe second and third season which featured such worthy plot devices as... The Computer That Wanted to Destroy the World and The Brain that could read War and Peace!

And I'm hoping for The Flash also. I missed a few episodes on original airing and never got to see them again.
Old 04-09-04, 09:23 AM

Maybe you should have stated that you have a region free DVD player and that you didn't want to wait for the Region 1 releases to avoid confusion instead of both you turning this into an episode of Car Talk needlessly ;->

Paul
Old 04-09-04, 09:56 AM

Oh please... I'm not interested in starting an argument about this. By the tone of your original thread and the fact that you are a "new member" and used the term "resellers" (eBay sprang to mind immediately), I got the impression you were simply looking for bootleg sets to buy right away instead of waiting for the official release. If you were looking for sets from other regions, hey, enjoy.

Last edited by joshualane; 04-09-04 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-09-04, 04:14 PM

I was looking at Deep Discount DVD as a possible buying spot. Did anyone else know they require you to register your credit card number as part of your account, and this account with them is necessary to buy from them?