Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Can-Am Storage cabinets price are going up!!!

Community
Search

Can-Am Storage cabinets price are going up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can-Am Storage cabinets price is going up!!!

I just called to find out some specifics on the cabinets that they offer and was told that their prices are going up. They didn't have the specifics as to how much but they said it would probably happen within the next 3-4 weeks. So if you were thinking of buying one now might be the time. I just have a problem paying so much for them already but when you start to get up there in numbers it is tough to find storage that is consistent. If you want to check them out here is the website http://www.can-am.ca/

I currently have 3 bookshelf like stands and they are all filled now I am onto large storage tubs I just don't want the shelves that don't match but I do like the lock feature on the Can-Ams. If anyone else has any suggestions for storage that would be great I have probably close to 600 dvds.

Last edited by teddydogg; 03-16-04 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-16-04, 02:25 PM

Not good news

This is not good news. I own 2 of the 3 drawer units and while I really like them, I cringe when I drop about $600/each (w/ shipping). Was there any word if it would be a % increase, across the board on all their products or what. That being said, these are some incredible units - they're sturdy, functional, and beautiful. Everyone who sees them, compliments them.
Old 03-16-04, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They said that they didn't know how much yet but it is due to the exchange rate and production costs said it could be $10 or it could be more. I guess they sell a ton of these but mostly to video stores so they probably aren't as worried about us little fellas getting hit with the costs.
Old 03-17-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Not good news

Originally posted by vincew
This is not good news. I own 2 of the 3 drawer units and while I really like them, I cringe when I drop about $600/each (w/ shipping). Was there any word if it would be a % increase, across the board on all their products or what. That being said, these are some incredible units - they're sturdy, functional, and beautiful. Everyone who sees them, compliments them.
I concur 100%. I own a 2-drawer and a 3-drawer. Fantastic build quality. I think it's the end-all be-all of high density storage. When the day comes, I'll be adding another 2 cabinets to the arsenal.
Old 03-18-04, 05:26 AM

Figures... I've been putting off my purchase for months, waiting to buy a house (which is another story altogether... ). I have two 3-drawer and one 2-drawer modules and was looking to double that capacity with my next purchase -- I can't fit any more DVDs in my socks and underwear draws... :-)
Old 03-18-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MarkAtHome
Figures... I've been putting off my purchase for months
I've been putting this off for YEARS. I think the first time I ran across them was mid-2000. If the price is only changing by $10 - $20, then no big deal, since the cost for one (with shipping) is already high to begin with.

More than that though, and I may have to wait a few more years.