Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive

View Poll Results: Which is the best season HBO series packaging?
Six Feet Under 1 5.00%
The Sopranos 9 45.00%
Curb Your Enthusiasm 2 10.00%
OZ 4 20.00%
Sex and the City 2 10.00%
Other 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-04, 08:02 AM   #1
rfduncan
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

HBO Experimental Packaging

Now that I've seen the packing for Curb Your Enthusiasm in a subway ad, I have come to the conclusion that HBO doesn't like to do the same packaging twice:

Sex and the City has the multicolored clear falls-apart-after-a-few-openings case

The Sopranos has the flip front box with fold open case (similar to FOX's TV sets on the inside.

Curb Your Enthusiasm has an odd sliding tray thingy

OZ has a removable cover box.

Band of Brothers has a metal tin (not included in the poll since it is a mini-series).

The list goes on, I'm sure (Six Feet Under, Mr. Show, etc). Which do you like the best? (I obviously have decided Sex and the City is the WORST.) Any observations?

A Grilled Charlie has peanut butter last! Peanut butter outside, chocolate inside! Butter inside, cheese outside!
- Charlie Kelly

Last edited by rfduncan; 01-08-04 at 08:05 AM.

Old 01-08-04, 08:59 AM   #2
marty888
DVD Talk Legend

The slightly oversized Six Feet Under box isn't the greatest.

Sex is nature's way of providing each and every one of us with a free home entertainment system.

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado

Old 01-08-04, 09:02 AM   #3
EPKJ
Banned

I collect both The Sopranos and Sex And The City. I had to go with The Sopranos as the best packaging as it is the sturdiest and most attractive. I agree that Sex And The City has the worst packaging. I hate that cheap brittle plastic they used. It is attractive but very impractical.

Old 01-08-04, 09:14 AM   #4
PalmerJoss
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Sopranos gets my vote. They fit nicely on my shelves, and they have none of the problems that SFU or SATC have.

Old 01-08-04, 09:23 AM   #5
bboisvert
DVD Talk Legend

The Sopranos is the best of the bunch (although I still prefer the slimline cases that Fox uses for Firefly, Family Guy, etc.)

Six Feet Under is terrible in my opinion (it took me forever just to figure out how to open the damn thing). And Sex & The City is very easily damaged. I take great care of my stuff, and the first two seasons of this show are already damaged. They don't hold up well to use.

Old 01-08-04, 11:48 AM   #6
futbol

The only ones I have are Sex and the City and Six Feet Under, and I haven't tried Curb's yet.

But, I actually like Six Feet Under's case. Yeah, at first I had to figure out exactly how to open it, but I think it's very reminiscent of the show. I don't know - I don't really have a problem with it.

My DVDs

Old 01-08-04, 12:09 PM   #7
fnordboy
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have to go with The Sopranos. They are definitely the most durable of the bunch. I really like the look of the Six Feet Under S1 set but it won't hold up over time like the Sopranos sets will/do.

Unfortunately the Mr. Show packaging is nothing special really...of course though it is the best show they have released so far IMO

Old 01-08-04, 12:33 PM   #8
Michael Corvin
DVD Talk Hero

So you mention Band of Brothers in the your post but it isn't on the poll. Tsk. Tsk. I guess it is other for me.

Now Playing
Infamous: SS | Almost Finished Zelda: A Link Between Worlds