Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive

Old 11-04-03, 01:37 PM   #1
rfduncan
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Strangers with Candy Season 2?

Was this released today? The only place that even lists it is Amazon for 11/4. I can't find it anywhere else. Usually dvdpricesearch.com would have it mentioned!

Anyone know about this title? I have a STL that expires in a week but don't know if Amazon has a good price.

A Grilled Charlie has peanut butter last! Peanut butter outside, chocolate inside! Butter inside, cheese outside!
- Charlie Kelly

Old 11-04-03, 01:46 PM   #2
fnordboy
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It was supposed to be released today, so I would guess it was. I am going to Best Buy later to specifically look for this and Upright Citizens Brigade. Hopefully they will have them both. I will let you know of the price.

Old 11-04-03, 01:54 PM   #3
DJLinus
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by fnordboy
It was supposed to be released today, so I would guess it was. I am going to Best Buy later to specifically look for this and Upright Citizens Brigade. Hopefully they will have them both. I will let you know of the price.
My Best Buy didn't seem to have the UCB DVD. Luckily, I preordered it from DDD for a bit over $16. Not a bad deal.
"Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...

Old 11-04-03, 01:57 PM   #4
fnordboy

Quote:
Originally posted by DJLinus
My Best Buy didn't seem to have the UCB DVD. Luckily, I preordered it from DDD for a bit over $16. Not a bad deal.
I was afraid that it would be hard to find. I am feeling hopeful though since BB had Strangers Season 1 on release day, so I am figuring they will have UCB also.

If not I have no idea what I am going to do with all these ass pennies.

Old 11-04-03, 04:11 PM   #5
Cornelius1047
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Best Buy had both. About 9 copies of SWC and 4 of UCB. Not sure on the price though.

K

Old 11-04-03, 04:17 PM   #6
fnordboy

Well, I went to BB on my lunch hour earlier and they didn't have any of the Strangers With Candy S2's on the shelf or the UCB S1 set.

When I asked about it I found out that they did have 2 UCB sets but they had sold already (which I guess is good news). And SWC S2 they just got a shipment of 8 in, but they were still in the back.

I went to another local chain store and they had both sets so I picked up the UCB one, but decided to pass on the SWC S2 to see what BB prices it at.

So yes, I have seen the set, so it was definitely released today. I don't know why some online retailers don't have it listed.

Old 11-04-03, 05:21 PM   #7
FilmFanSea

SWC S1 was also MIA at a lot of my favorite online retailers, and it doesn't look like much has changed with S2 (which is not even listed at DVD Price Search.com). Have there been distribution problems with other Comedy Central releases?

I hope the transfer for S1 is better than S2, but I won't be holding my breath. I'm just happy that this brilliant series is available on DVD.

Old 11-04-03, 05:50 PM   #8
SideShow

At my nearest Best Buy they had a whole bunch, I was happily surprised.

Old 11-04-03, 06:12 PM   #9
unbeeleebable

Both in stock over at DVD Pacific at $20.63 each plus shipping if helps.

Old 11-04-03, 06:57 PM   #10
emanon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SWC is still MIA (damn TLAs!) from dvdpricesearch.com....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
I wholly endorse having sex with midgets for 1 simple reason: it makes my dick look bigger.

Old 11-04-03, 10:06 PM   #11
Londo

picked up both today at BB.. HOWEVER...

Strangers was in the TV section

UCB was over in COMEDY (even tho the computer said it should be in TV..) had a blueshirt climbing the walls trying to find it (computer said 8 copies in store).. wife found the last copy in comedy while I and the Blue Shirt were scouring TV.

Old 11-05-03, 08:22 AM   #12
rfduncan
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In reference to my original question - How much did SWC Season 2 cost? I want to know if the Amazon STL price of $20.24 is decent or should I wait for it to get cheaper like Season 1?

A Grilled Charlie has peanut butter last! Peanut butter outside, chocolate inside! Butter inside, cheese outside!
- Charlie Kelly

Old 11-24-03, 11:31 AM   #13
digitalfreaknyc
Banned

Quick question...

My boyfriend is into this show hardcore.

How many seasons were there? What was the time difference between the release of seasons 1 and 2?

Old 11-24-03, 11:34 AM   #14
Scott27
DVD Talk Limited Edition

3 seasons. Season 1 came out during the summer (don't remember the exact date), so probably somewhere in the 4-6 month timeframe between releases.

Old 11-24-03, 04:01 PM   #15
FilmFanSea

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
How many seasons were there? What was the time difference between the release of seasons 1 and 2?
You can find a boatload of info about the series here.