Community
Search

Cirque Du Soleil dvd Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cirque Du Soleil dvd Suggestions?

I was wondering if anybody has had any luck getting the cirque du soleil dvds at any price cheaper then $20 each, that I see listed at ddd?

Also do they have a set of them all anywhere, I would like to start picking this up, and if I could get them as a bundle somewhere bonus.

If not, can you you guys offer suggestions of your favorites? I have only seen Mystere and O which I saw both live, and love it.

thanks.
Old 11-06-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lucian55
You can get Dralion and Quidam one in a two pack from CH with enrollment. It is phone only, but with the recent changes at CH, they may no longer be available with enrollment.
No longer available as enrollments.

Last edited by vivarey; 11-07-03 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-06-03, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
If at all possible, GO SEE THIS IN PERSON. I saw O in Las Vegas (my parent's had to DRAG me to it) and it was one of the most incredible things I had ever seen and heard. I was mesmerized. DVD wouldn't do it justice. They do tour. Tix are pricy, but worth every penny.
Old 11-07-03, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by vivarey
No longer available.
You can still get them as a regular selection, and if you want them all (they carry four of them) and can use the "Buy 1, get all others at 50% off", you can get Quidam, La Magie Continue, Dralion, and Journey Of Man for $57.86 total (and I think they are still doing free shipping with 3 or more items).

Just don't get either of the 2-disc combo packs . . . they mess up the half-off part.
Old 11-07-03, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wfujosh
If at all possible, GO SEE THIS IN PERSON. I saw O in Las Vegas (my parent's had to DRAG me to it) and it was one of the most incredible things I had ever seen and heard. I was mesmerized. DVD wouldn't do it justice. They do tour. Tix are pricy, but worth every penny.
I totally agree...i saw Mystere over in Las Vegas and have seen Quidam a couple of times here in the UK...fantastic shows to experience live which i just don't think can be fully realised with DVD (unlike a live concert performance) and hence why i've never had a desire to own any on DVD.

Last edited by RichDB10; 11-07-03 at 04:32 AM.
Old 11-07-03, 08:08 AM

I have all of them. Quidam and Dralion are easily my two favorites - these are the two shows I use to introduce my friends to Cirque.

They are also more recent productions, so Cirque really has their stuff together in terms of storylines, acts, music, pacing, etc. You may want to start there. Alegria (the performance DVD, not the film/acting DVD) would be my third choice. Their latest DVD, Varekai, is OK, but didn't seem as "magical" or inspired as other efforts.

Last edited by davejt1; 11-07-03 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-07-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by wfujosh
If at all possible, GO SEE THIS IN PERSON.
I agree, I said I have seen O and Mystere in person, believe I'm going to see the new one Zumanity over superbowl weekend, my next trip to vegas.. Tickets are expensive, but I think it's easily worth it, to see something so amazing.

Being in Chicago, we get most the touring ones times to time, but norm seem to always forget about it, until it's to late. So was hoping to pick up the dvds.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to pick up the recommendations.
Old 11-07-03, 01:41 PM

Are all of these discs 16:9? Anamorphic? I seem to recall seeing more than one of them mention anamorphic AND full screen.