Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

New 16X9 HALLOWEEN III authoring problem???

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-03, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the new Universal HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH DVD. Popped it in to see how it looked and was shocked to see that during certain scenes with rapid movement (i.e. - a car driving by) the image turned "jaggy." Now, admittedly I first put the disc into my Cyberhome Region Free player, which is a player that sometimes (rarely in my experience) gives off that "jaggy" look when something moves real fast on screen. I took the disc out of that player and then subsequently tried it on two other players and it still did the same thing. Who else out there has this? Are they all like this (authoring problem?) or did I get a bad disc? Check out chapter 6 when Dan and Ellie are just driving into the small town. That's where I noticed it the most. The lines in the road are no longer straight lines but jagged.
Old 10-23-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are all your DVD players progressive scan players? The disc might be incorrectly flagged for progressive scan. Universal is getting pretty good at screwing this up lately (with Taken and Meaning of Life).
Old 10-23-03, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
Are all your DVD players progressive scan players? The disc might be incorrectly flagged for progressive scan. Universal is getting pretty good at screwing this up lately (with Taken and Meaning of Life).
Thanks for responding. The Cyberhome player definitely is progressive scan but is not hooked up for it (bad Monster Cable - that's another story). What's the story on the other two titles you mentioned?
Old 10-23-03, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would also like to know the prob. with Taken since I haven't picked it up yet.
Old 10-24-03, 06:19 PM
Cool New Member

I have also experienced problems like that with my copy of "The People Under The Stairs" -another Universal title -i'm starting to sense a theme here............Peace.......
Old 10-24-03, 11:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by THE ALCHEMIST
I have also experienced problems like that with my copy of "The People Under The Stairs" -another Universal title -i'm starting to sense a theme here............Peace.......
That's great. I just got that too but haven't watched it yet. Universal sucks. Asses...
Old 10-25-03, 01:06 PM

Are they all like this (authoring problem?) or did I get a bad disc? Check out chapter 6 when Dan and Ellie are just driving into the small town. That's where I noticed it the most. The lines in the road are no longer straight lines but jagged.

Mine also, not just the road. Look at the power lines as they are coming into town, real bad. This sucks