Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-03, 02:53 AM   #1
James Maxwell
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4
Error on Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

I want to report this, hoping that Martin Blythe or anyone else with Paramount sees it.

On the Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter DVD, when you use the French soundtrack, the first chapter of the movie has audio problems. It skips up all over the place. It's not just my DVD. I've researched. They're all like that.

Also, a question. Any chance of a future release of this film featuring the extra scenes that were used in the Television Version?

James Maxwell
 
Old 06-24-03, 10:56 AM   #2
James Maxwell
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4
Ah yes, I should mention this is the Region 1 DVD.
 
Old 06-26-03, 11:56 PM   #3
James Maxwell
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4
Yep
 
Old 07-10-03, 09:37 PM   #4
James Maxwell
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4
.
 
Old 07-10-03, 10:31 PM   #5
DRG
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: ND
Posts: 12,375
There are supposedly re-issues of all the Paramount Friday titles on the way, but who knows when (and if) they will actually see the light of day.

Last edited by DRG; 07-11-03 at 01:54 AM.
 
Old 07-11-03, 01:33 AM   #6
Finch03
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 176
i'm sure the 4 other people that wanted to buy that DVD and listen to it in French will be very disappointed.
 
Old 07-11-03, 10:53 AM   #7
kurupt
Senior Member
 
kurupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 998
Finch03-

Thank you for being so helpful and adding such a wonderful comment to the thread! Your input sure is appreciated.
 
Old 07-11-03, 12:00 PM   #8
DVD_O_Rama
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally posted by DRG
There are supposedly re-issues of all the Paramount Friday titles on the way, but who knows when (and if) they will actually see the light of day.
Yes, they will see the light of day. The producer has bn assigned to the box set, and a budget has been established.

Cheers,
Erik
__________________
Camp Crystal Lake Online
www.campcrystallake.com
 
Old 07-11-03, 01:40 PM   #9
Squirrel God
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
Yes, they will see the light of day. The producer has bn assigned to the box set, and a budget has been established.

Cheers,
Erik
Will they definitely be unrated or is that yet to be decided?
 
Old 07-11-03, 03:45 PM   #10
DVD_O_Rama
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel God
Will they definitely be unrated or is that yet to be decided?
I am unsure of that as of right now, but I will say this: I would not expect it. And to be honest, it's not realistic to expect them to be able to do that, even if they wanted to.

I'm one of the biggest Friday fans there is, and have been fortunate enough to talk to many cast and crew members over the years. The fact is, it's not like the footage is laying around in Paramount's vaults. The only thing I can be sure of is that the fotage for The New Blood exists for an uncut print.

All materials and exact contents are up in the air at this point, but it is moving forward.

Cheers,
Erik
__________________
Camp Crystal Lake Online
www.campcrystallake.com
 
Old 07-11-03, 03:56 PM   #11
Squirrel God
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
I am unsure of that as of right now, but I will say this: I would not expect it. And to be honest, it's not realistic to expect them to be able to do that, even if they wanted to.

I'm one of the biggest Friday fans there is, and have been fortunate enough to talk to many cast and crew members over the years. The fact is, it's not like the footage is laying around in Paramount's vaults. The only thing I can be sure of is that the fotage for The New Blood exists for an uncut print.

All materials and exact contents are up in the air at this point, but it is moving forward.

Cheers,
Erik
Thanks Erik

I own all of them already so wouldn't sell them unless they were extended versions/uncut. Extras just wouldn't be enough for me.

I already sold my Part 1 in anticipation of the new SE that is coming to Reg 2 UK, which is supposed to feature a 'stronger' cut than the US R-rated theatrical release.

If I just have to sell Part 7 as well, that'll be cool If they do manage to find the footage for more though, it's gonna be an expensive year
 
Old 07-11-03, 10:13 PM   #12
DVD_O_Rama
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel God
Thanks Erik

I own all of them already so wouldn't sell them unless they were extended versions/uncut. Extras just wouldn't be enough for me.

I already sold my Part 1 in anticipation of the new SE that is coming to Reg 2 UK, which is supposed to feature a 'stronger' cut than the US R-rated theatrical release.

If I just have to sell Part 7 as well, that'll be cool If they do manage to find the footage for more though, it's gonna be an expensive year
Do you have a multi-region player? The uncut version has been released in R3 with a nice little docu as well.

Cheers,
Erik
__________________
Camp Crystal Lake Online
www.campcrystallake.com
 
Old 07-11-03, 10:41 PM   #13
Squirrel God
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama
Do you have a multi-region player? The uncut version has been released in R3 with a nice little docu as well.

Cheers,
Erik
I do yes - it's mandatory for all DVD collectors here in the UK I have heard about the R3 but try not to buy R3 disks if I can help it as I have had problems with some of them in the past Only a few more months for the R2 SE anyway, I'm patient

Last edited by Squirrel God; 07-11-03 at 10:43 PM.
 
Old 07-11-03, 11:26 PM   #14
puddytay
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 890
Screw any language other than english.
 
Old 07-11-03, 11:51 PM   #15
DVD_O_Rama
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally posted by puddytay
Screw any language other than english.
That's English there, professor.
__________________
Camp Crystal Lake Online
www.campcrystallake.com
 
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.

Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.