Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Anyone pick-up the new 2 dvd box set of "Led Zeppelin", and care to comment on it?

Community
Search

Anyone pick-up the new 2 dvd box set of "Led Zeppelin", and care to comment on it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-03, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local Best Buy just got this in on Tuesday, and was debating to pick it up or not? I've been a long-time fan of Zeppelin, so I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed. Any comments on this set from anyone out here, would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-19-03, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
of corse pick this up. This dvd is essential for all zeppelin fans
Old 06-19-03, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Comment: IT ROCKS
Old 06-19-03, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

One of the best and most impressive dts tracks you will ever hear (no fbi warning, no menu, just put the disc in, switch the audio, and your going.
Old 06-19-03, 02:58 PM

Ok, that settles it. I'm going to get it tonight. I figuered it would be excellent. After all, look who we're talking about. Thanks people
Old 06-20-03, 02:46 AM

It is AWESOME!!!! This has to be one of, if not THE, best music release ever on dvd. If anyone has even a mild interest in Led Zeppelin, then this is a must buy.
Old 06-20-03, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Read ALL the reviews. This IS the LOTR EE of music dvd's
Old 06-20-03, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,204 Likes on 4,231 Posts
Nicely said, shanester. This is a very impressive set. Video's not great, but what would you expect? This was really a labor of love; a lot of effort was put into making this an amazing set and it shows!

BTW: I've found it very hard to find almost any reviews. I guess the folks at Warner didn't think to send out screeners, but it's odd that such a huge seller still does not have any reviews up at such sites as dvdfile, dvdmg, the digital bits, or even here. Not that it matters, this set is a no-brainer.
The only official review I've seen was in Entertainment Weekly, but you have to log in to get access to that site. (They gave both the DVD and the CD set an A)
Old 06-20-03, 08:21 AM

It's very good, especially the Royal Albert Hall and Earl's Court material. If you're a serious Ledhead, you should be pleased. Casual fans need not apply.
Old 06-20-03, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by markdclark43016
It's very good, especially the Royal Albert Hall and Earl's Court material. If you're a serious Ledhead, you should be pleased. Casual fans need not apply.
You know what, I diasagree. I'm not a big fan at all (the only Zep I have is the 4-disc box set, and I rarely listen to it), but I really like this set. It sounds amazing and shows the band at its peak. I think it's just a great rock & roll show and would file it under "essential" for any rock music fan.
Old 06-20-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One word: INCREDIBLE
Old 06-20-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
In the words of the Comic Book Guy:

Best
Music DVD
Ever

Old 06-20-03, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not the most amazing thing ever released, as a lot of the above posts would have you believe... HOWEVER, it is my early runner-up for DVD of the year - to date - right behind Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas CC. I suspect it will finish in the top 10 when all is said and done. In other words, it's a damn_solid DVD. If you're a Zeppelin fan, it's a no-brainer.
Old 06-20-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 503 Likes on 255 Posts
There is also an Easter egg. If you let disc 2 play to the end of the credits and FBI warning, there is an unadvertised clip of Heartbreaker. Enjoy.
Old 06-20-03, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is it in good quality and is the solo there?
Old 06-20-03, 04:53 PM

I just picked it up at Best Buy. I'm waiting for my girlfriend to come over, and it's going right in. The dvd that is, not what it may have sounded like. That comes later, or maybe even during? lol. Thanks for the suggestions, I figuered this was a no-brainer, if you love Zeppelin, and been listening to them for the last 20+ yrs. like I have.
Old 06-20-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Most of us buying the dvd never had the oppurtunity of seeing this amazing band LIVE. I always remembered growing up reading how back in the day people were mesmerized after seeing a ZEP concert. This dvd set reaffirms what all the hoopla was about. It's like going back in time and being there in person. After all isn't that the whole point of a concert on dvd ???

PS..You don't have to be a die hard fan to enjoy this..It's classic rock for all ages
Old 06-20-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Too bad the dvd skips out on Page making the wierd noises during "whole lot of love" My dad says that he used some kind of brick like thing to get those sounds. (went in 70)
Old 06-20-03, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
Too bad the dvd skips out on Page making the wierd noises during "whole lot of love" My dad says that he used some kind of brick like thing to get those sounds. (went in 70)
That "brick" would be a theremin.

I envy your dad, I wish I had the chance to see them (too young).

The DVD absolutely rules!
Old 06-20-03, 11:28 PM

Ahh, the theremin, the coolest instrument of all time. Did anyone ever see the documentary on it? I saw it once on PBS and really liked it. I'd love to give one a try.
Old 06-21-03, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Decker
BTW: I've found it very hard to find almost any reviews. I guess the folks at Warner didn't think to send out screeners, but it's odd that such a huge seller still does not have any reviews up at such sites as dvdfile, dvdmg, the digital bits, or even here. Not that it matters, this set is a no-brainer.
The only official review I've seen was in Entertainment Weekly, but you have to log in to get access to that site. (They gave both the DVD and the CD set an A)
There are also reviews here and here.
Old 06-21-03, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally posted by Decker
Ahh, the theremin, the coolest instrument of all time. Did anyone ever see the documentary on it? I saw it once on PBS and really liked it. I'd love to give one a try.
You probably already know this but the doc is available dvd.

Check here
Old 06-21-03, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I will agree that the sound and video is excellent, but I have a complaint about the content. I have a copy of the Knebworth show in its entirety on vhs and I wished they had included the whole show. It runs about 150 mins and is amazing. My copy is not even close to the quality on the DVD, but seeing the show as a whole is definitely a treat...
Old 06-22-03, 04:06 AM

I agree with you there about the Knebworth show. I don't have it myself, but heard it was a great show. I was little upset not seeing "No Quarter" on there myself. One of my favorite Zep songs. But it's something I can overlook with this package deal. I just picked it up a few days ago and haven't watched it yet, but will before the end of this weekend.
Old 06-22-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great DVD!

I also liked the menu on the second disc how it played the entire sone of The Song Remains the Same. Looks like its straight from a bootleg but it was great to see anyways. Now I can't wait until the DVD-A versions of their CD's come out!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.