Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive

Old 06-09-03, 09:26 AM   #1
weargle
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Fast and the Furious Tricked Out Edn. Glitches

I have a Tosh 2109 and get the same subtitle errors that I got in Spy Games. Similarly, they're both put out by the same company? Any other problems with this DVD?

Old 06-09-03, 09:51 AM   #2
Star Wars Guy

Mine played just fine on my PS2.

Old 06-09-03, 10:05 AM   #3
BigPete
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think studios must sabotage DVDs for competing hardware manufacturers. After all, we all know that each of the major studios is aligned with a hardware manufacturer.

Many of the older CTHE DVDs (Dracula, etc) have the Spanish subtitles default to on, but only on Panasonic players.

Spy Games, F&F are Universal titles which seem to raise a stink on Toshibas.

And the list goes on.

You would think that after 6 years, manufacturers would know how to set and interpret the flags properly. To continually make these errors and have new mistakes pop up with each new generation makes no sense at all.
"What, are you kidding? Leviticus is an action packed thrill a minute! From the beginning where the lord tells Moses how to properly sacrifice animals (with much talk of blood and killing and the word "asunder" used a couple of times), to the very end where he's telling Moses what the value of a human being is, insofar as how much he should give to priests. And the bit in the middle about how everyone should keep their clothes on? Wow, just WOW, that's all I have to say." -Otto

Old 06-09-03, 02:51 PM   #4
Spiky
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why, because all the other software mfgrs have done such a good job at eliminating and not-producing-new bugs? After 5, 10, 20, 40 years of existence?

Ha!