Search

Silent Running ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Colossus

Originally posted by gutwrencher
this is another one of my childhood favs!! I love this film and would love to drool over the dvd. I used to tape record the audio out of the tv speaker, and listen to things later while pretending to be sleeping. I taped this films audio and couldnt get enough of that voice, especially the closing speech to the world's people. great stuff.
Colossus: The Forbin Project is my #1 most wanted film on DVD. I could watch that movie every day. Why, oh why, is it not out on DVD?

I have the crappy P&S VHS as well as a dub from widescreen laser, although the tape is worn out now.

laseca, interested in selling that laserdisc?
Old 05-24-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Colossus

Originally posted by laseca
I found Silent Running to be a very good film. I bought it on laserdisc years ago but mine came in a double laserdisc set with another film called Colossus: The Forbin Project. I found this film to be really intriguing as a computer literally takes over the world and no one can do anything about it.
Here's a shot of my copy of that laserdisc. Colossus is a cool show. G rated from '69 or '70.

Gutwrencher: I used to do the same thing as a kid that you did in regards to recording a movies audio via mic and speaker. We had a horror host on friday nights that would show the classics and not so classics that I would record and listen to at night. I even managed to sneak my cassette recorder into the theaters to do the same thing. I actually still have a "live" recording of a theatrical showing of Night of the Lepus from '72 and some others that I have tucked away somewhere. One of my favorites was Good, the Bad and the Ugly from a network showing in the 70's.

Old 05-24-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep dogg....me too on the sneakin' the recorder into the theater. my first was about the 10th time of seeing Star Wars down at the River Hills. used to listen to it every night as a kid....staying up till 2am and reciting it line for line. those were fun days. before they ruined the Ingersoll Theater and turned it into the dinner theater, it used to be a fav place of mine also....saw Day the Earth Stood Still there in 1974, recorded that and Jaws in '75. now I live right by the Ingersoll and still get depressed everytime I pass it.