Community
Search

Family Guy Vol. 2 (Preorder)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-03, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Guy Vol. 2 (Preorder)

Looks like Amazon.com already has Vol. 2 of Family Guy up for preorder. It has a ship date of Sept. 9.

Family Guy Vol. 2

Can't wait to watch Vol. 1 this weekend.
Old 04-18-03, 12:29 AM

why couldn't they fit it all in one set? 50 episodes could fit on 6 or 7 discs with ease. other shows are getting complete series, no reason this one couldn't have.

from my understanding, volume 1 was season 1 and 2, leaving season 3 for volume 2, but didn't season 3 have less than 15 episodes? seems like a huge mistake in the planning if this is the case.
Old 04-18-03, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to Epguides.com, there were 22 episodes in season 3.

Rob
Old 04-18-03, 12:49 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by WiccanPagan
why couldn't they fit it all in one set?
I'd imagine that getting people to pay $40 for two sets in five months is easier than getting people to pay $80 all at once for one set.
Old 04-18-03, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well think of it... 50 episodes IS a lot for a set. Besides, it's not odd that seasons 1 and 2 were placed together in one set, will season 3 is going to be a set all of its own. Season 1 only had 7 episodes so they made up by throwing season 2 on there, having 28 episodes. Season 3 only officially had 21 episodes...22 if you count the unreleased 'Weinstein' episode. (Yes I know there is some debate as to weather it was for season 2 or 3). So this way it's pretty close to a half n' half kinda deal. I'm just thankful that it IS coming out and that the date is ALREADY set to have it released. I'm glad its not a 'lets see if the first set sells well, and then release the other set'. I won't get tired of watching these 28 episodes ever, so September is more than soon enough
Old 04-19-03, 10:13 AM

deleted scenes

DOes anyone know if vol 2 will have the Weinstein episode or the some other deleted scenes???
Old 04-19-03, 10:43 AM
Banned

i heard it wont have the weinstien episode
Old 04-19-03, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by peteface
I'd imagine that getting people to pay $40 for two sets in five months is easier than getting people to pay $80 all at once for one set.
Bingo!

Originally posted by daveojeda
DOes anyone know if vol 2 will have the Weinstein episode or the some other deleted scenes???
It will have both... now if we could only talk Fox into including the Osama Bin Laden scene in the deleted scenes... that would be cool.
Old 04-19-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: deleted scenes

Originally posted by daveojeda
It will not have that ep and will be missing a scene (the Bin Laden one). The UK version has the Weinstien ep but no Bin Laden scene. I downloaded from the net both the Weinstien ep AND the ep with the Bin Laden scene in all its glory (and a damn funny scene it is)! Once again piracy triumphs over stubborn studios that censor DVDs and want you to pay them $$$$. Pathetic!
Old 04-19-03, 03:35 PM

In this case, it wasn't the studios that edited the scene. Word is that Seth McFarlane was supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed into the WTC, but missed it for one reason or another and decided that the joke was no longer funny, and felt better about cutting it out.
Old 04-19-03, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Cornholio
i heard it wont have the weinstien episode

Can you comment on who/where you heard this from? I was under the impression that it would in fact contain this episode?
Old 04-19-03, 08:37 PM

Re: Re: deleted scenes

Originally posted by Class316
It will not have that ep and will be missing a scene (the Bin Laden one). The UK version has the Weinstien ep but no Bin Laden scene. I downloaded from the net both the Weinstien ep AND the ep with the Bin Laden scene in all its glory (and a damn funny scene it is)! Once again piracy triumphs over stubborn studios that censor DVDs and want you to pay them $$$$. Pathetic!
While I don't imagine that we will ever get to see the Bin Laden scene on DVD (even if Seth wasn't supposed to be on one of the planes, sounds like an internet rumor to me) here in region 1. I can absolutely say that the "Weinstein" Episode will be on the second set... along with lots of deleted scenes.
Old 04-19-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Re: Re: deleted scenes

Originally posted by Class316
The Bin Laden scene was taken out by the creators wises. How is this censorship? please use the word correctly. Further more, the osma scene in itself wasn't all that funny even before 9/11..
Old 04-19-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by WiccanPagan
why couldn't they fit it all in one set? 50 episodes could fit on 6 or 7 discs with ease. other shows are getting complete series, no reason this one couldn't have.
Other shows are actually getting SEASON sets. be thankful season 1 and 2 are on one set. Asking someone to buy 50 episodes is a bit way to much and besides, studios are also trying to make a profit off this. Deal with it.
Old 04-21-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Originally posted by Spy021
Can you comment on who/where you heard this from? I was under the impression that it would in fact contain this episode?
Actually it's quite the contrary.

From Interview with Seth MacFarlane on TvShowsonDVD.com

Now what about the Weinstein episode?

That's the other thing...that will also be on the second set. That's never been aired.

Full Interview...
Apparently Fox Execs decided to cut the Osama scene, not Seth. Oh, and the commentary was edited. And IMHO - the video problems on this set are seriously blown out of proportion.

Last edited by RichC2; 04-21-03 at 08:34 PM.