Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Remember the Titans - Looks like this is THE edition

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Remember the Titans - Looks like this is THE edition

Old 04-06-01, 01:49 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I share your frustration with studios that release a memorable movie with limited options that lead you to believe a "Special Edition" is coming out in the future..

Remember the Titans has enough options on it that it appears this is the final edition. If you loved the movie at the theaters I would recommend purchasing this title. If you're a football fan you are going to love this movie, and if you're not it's still a movie that appeals to basic human goodness. (Topics such as school race integration in the early 70's, racism, overcoming hardship, etc.)

I could be wrong on this but I believe Remember the Titans has come forth with a NEW CONCEPT providing a commentary narrated by the ACTUAL people in history the movie is based on. The two reallife football coaches portrayed in the movie provide a commentary on what DID & DIDN't happen in reallife. Very interesting and I hope other DVDs based on recent historical events start doing this.

The featurettes could have been better. A nice documentary/featurette narrated by ex-Pittsburgh Steeler WR Lynn Swann is included. The director's commentary is average. Deleted scenes and other DVD usuals are included. The studio put enough effort into the movie's DVD package that this might be the final edition.

A great movie. A good DVD package (especially considering the movie's low budget)... They covered everything worth mentioning in the DVD extras.
Old 04-07-01, 12:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought it, watch it, loved it, and I didn't even know there were any extras. Until just now!

This film also has some of the best Rock'N'Roll put to film. IMO, and your mileage may vary!
Old 04-07-01, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's pretty cool, I was not aware of the coach commentary. Though it is not the first to have real life people on an audio track. Apollo 13:CE has a track with Jim and Marilyn Lovell.
Old 04-08-01, 01:19 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I was a history major in college (Before I realized the limited financial options with the major. ) and am always interested in movies that cover historical events. I hope future DVDs start doing this more.
Old 04-23-14, 02:51 PM

Re: Remember the Titans - Looks like this is THE edition

Are the Director's Cut Additional Scenes also deleted scenes included on the original release of the film on dvd? Or are these new scenes inserted in, that weren't part of the deleted scenes on the first release? If anyone knows that would be great...

If they are the same scenes, then I'll get the original release, of course now on blu, but if not, will wait for a release that includes both the original theatrical version, along with the director's cut...