DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

True Lies

Old 05-26-99, 11:28 AM
elipkin

Well, I got my long awaited copy of True Lies yesterday. I new that there are no extras (God, it pisses me of when they list things like chapter selection and DD5.1 as extra features). I would love to see a "Making of" on the disk. Well, no on to the good part. The video transfer is very good, colors are crisp,bright but not oversaturated. Looks very nice from the night landscape in the Alps (I guess) to the sunny, sunny Keys. SOund is also well done; I would like to see a bit more use of the rear channels buy is was acceptable and very clear. And this movie has a great range of sounds - from explosions, to shattered glass to soft dialog.

I loved the movie so I would have bought the DVD no matter what but the transfer is of high quality (I am not even going to start the whole anamorphic thing now - when will they wake up!!)

The funny thing is that the menu is very well done and has the whole section for "Extras" but there is only the trailer there
Eugene