Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-99, 10:49 PM
DVDFan

I havn't seen too much fanfare about this movie, but it's being released 6/1 on DVD and I think this is a pretty decent western.

www.reel.com/Content/moviepage.asp?mmid=1519

I enjoyed it when it orginally came out, I hope the transfer will be good since it has some great panoramic scenes in it. Looks like it will be 16x9 enhanced and a couple of other extras, price isn't too steep either.

FWIW

[This message has been edited by DVDFan (edited 05-10-99).]
Old 05-14-99, 04:44 AM
anglagard

I`m really excited about this release.
"Silverado" is pure fun. Great cast,
fast paced, excellent cinematography, and
where else can you see John Cleese play a
sheriff? I believe the DVD is going to have a "making of" feature. That should be interesting.
Old 05-14-99, 11:14 PM
DVDFan

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too (I have it on pre-order). I've probably seen this 4 or 5 times and enjoy each time. John Cleese is great - "today my jurisdiction ends here".
Old 05-19-99, 10:13 AM
pmreed

I've also got Silverado on pre-order. Currently my only copy is one I taped one night a couple of years ago on vhs ; I had been looking for the LD for a reasonable price. But now DVD and REEL rule; especially with the recent Price drop to $14.99!

Silverado is really a throwback to the old, grand days of the Western genre, before it fell out of favor back in the late fifties. Great cast, and the only movie in which Kevin Costner is animated, as in, looks actually alive. Don't get me wrong; I like a lot of his other movies, but it's nice to see him acting up and not speaking in a monotone.

Phil
Old 05-19-99, 11:33 AM
jasonbird

I've heard somewhere that there'll be a
Collectors Edition made of this in the near
future. Can't remember where, or if it was
something else entirely. Does anyone have
any info on this?
Thanks
Jason
Old 05-20-99, 12:27 AM
dlavalle

In the Columbia TriStar tradition, this movie has been remastered both video and audio -anamorphic widescreen (2:35.1 video and DD 5.1 sound). I was fortunate enough to see a copy and can't wait to add it to my collection. It is the "Collectors Edition"!

The 35 minute documentary alone is worth the price. It includes b&w photos, storyboards, interviews with Lawrence & Mark Kasdan along with many others involved in "the making of".

It's dubbed in Spanish (2 Channel) and Portuguese (Mono). It's subtitled in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean and Thai . Also includes the theatrical trailer.

I don't think you can ask much more than this!