DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Hard Rain: Review Wanted

Old 05-13-99, 06:31 PM
JPierre

Should I buy it?
Old 05-13-99, 06:37 PM
The Zizz

No.
Its a crappy movie and the dvd has absolutely no features on it.
Old 05-13-99, 07:15 PM
RTorres481

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you are a fan of any of the actors or if you can it at a riduculously low price. Although such a price is probably what it's worth. The movie has some good sound and decent effects. That's about it But the cast seems to be going through the motions. Can't say too much for the script either. Maybe you should try renting it first.
Old 05-14-99, 09:20 AM
Glenn Glass

I often am criticized by my friends and family for being a poor critic in that I usually find something to like about almost every movie, gut this one was HORRIBLE. I thought it was the worst movie I rented last year.
Old 05-15-99, 02:07 AM
Brion

I seem to be the lonely voice so far that will admit to liking this film. The DVD sadly lacks any extras, though. I checked out the website for the film when it came out, and the story about its filming was fascinating! It would have been nice to see a "making of" featurette. Anyway, I think it's a decent transfer with one of the year's best music scores, too.
Old 05-16-99, 01:34 AM
the action

I was really surprized by this movie and really liked it. If you liked the film definily buy it dvd. The Picture and Audio are both good. But definitly rent it before you buy this guilty pleasure.
Old 05-17-99, 03:49 AM
supereditor

I liked this film also. It won't go down as a classic, but it is a decent action flick.
Old 05-17-99, 05:00 AM
Trevor

This was the flick w/ Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater, right ?

I admit to liking the movie also. But I refuse to buy a DVD without extras....
Old 05-19-99, 04:43 PM
Apparition

I also really liked the film. It's got great action sequences and special effects and, for an action movie, the acting is pretty good. Although it's no Speed or Die Hard, I would say it's one of the better action movies in the last few years. Fun, thrilling and not so over-the-top as Armageddon or ID4 where you're just saying "Yeah, right" the whole time.

I have it on DVD and the quality of the picture and sound is excellent. No extras, as mentioned above, but you almost have to freeze frame some of the shots to appreciate how good the cinematography on this movie is. Whatever you do, don't see this movie in pan n scan format--the filmmakers frame every shot beautifully.

First time I saw it at a sneak preview over 2 years ago, it was called "The Flood" and I knew right then I was going to buy the DVD of it. Great purchase.

--Apparition