Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Disturbing Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-99, 09:37 PM
raytrade

I finally got around to watching this movie which I've owned for some time. A warning- the film is really nothing like what I think most people would expect from the cover art or the description. Unlike a teen movie about disenfranchised youth, it is actually a suspense/scifi thriller about an wicked experiment to alter the personalities of a town's youth (to make them into model students) which goes terribly wrong. The film stars Katie Holmes from Dawson's Creek, Nick Stahl of Boy Meets World & The Thin Red Line, and James Marsden of Bella Mafia.

The biggest problem is the film's running time: only 1hr 24min!!! The problem is that there are so many unanswered questions and gaps in the story in the final fim that just leave you feeling like you haven't seen the whole story. Well, guess what, you'd be right! There are 11 deleted scenes included as bonus features on the DVD, and these all add greatly to the story of the movie. I can't understand why they were cut at all. None of them were long boring dialogues or anything like that, so I really don't know why they weren't left in. If you are a fan of the film, you don't know what you've been missing until you see the deleted scenes.

As for the technical quality, it is basically fine. Nothing particularly stands out as good or bad about it. The only comment I will make is that sometimes the loud generation-X music kinda overwhelms things, but that's common in many of these types of films.

This film would appeal to fans of Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer.

[This message has been edited by raytrade (edited 05-15-99).]
Old 05-15-99, 11:18 PM
gotdvd

I own Disturbing Behavior too. The only real good thing I liked about it was Katie Holmes. And thank God they didn't use the alternate ending, which I thought was lame. Scream is in another catagory as being a great horror movie, this just doesn't cut it. (One man's opinion.)

------------------

http://www.dvdtracker.com/~gotdvd.asp