Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Has anyone seen the Star Trek Insurrection DVD yet?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Has anyone seen the Star Trek Insurrection DVD yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-99, 02:01 AM
jasonbird

I was thinking of buying this one.
Paramount continues to disappoint with their
lack of extras! Everyone knows that Star Trek
deserves the Special Edition teatment!

I saw this at the theater and I want the DVD,
but was wondering if anyone could tell me
how the picture and sound are on the disc.
Thanks in advance!
Jason

[This message has been edited by jasonbird (edited 05-08-99).]
Old 05-10-99, 11:07 PM
Enterprise

I looove Star Trek, especially The Next Generation, and despite all the incredible hype for First Contact I was not disappointed but absolutely blown away by it.

Insurrection was a very different movie so the first time I saw it I hated it. I then saw it another four times, this time not having any expectations or waiting for serious action. I enjoyed it more and more and now love it.

But the new special effects they did were shocking, they were rather distorted and just did not look that great on the big screen. Upon my subsequent viewings however, I realised that they would probably look absolutely wicked on DVD.

So I have been desperately awaiting the arrival of this DVD, even though it will be yet another of Paramounts movie only titles (though I believe there will be a short featurette on it?). It shipped last week so I expect it to arrive here in Australia later this week.

I'm confident that the movie will come across much better in my home theatre than in the cinema, especially the Dolby Digital sound. The video transfer will no doubt be the typical high standard Paramount has shown to date.

Chris
Old 05-10-99, 11:14 PM
DVDFan

I just got it today so I have not had time to watch the whole thing yet, but I did check out a couple scenes to see whats what. I would put the picture and sound dead on target with what First Contact had to offer which I thought was very good. As far as features go, the only one worth mentioning is a "Making of" featurette. The featurette wasn't very long, just ok. I anxious to see the movie in its entirety, I did not see it in the theater, (you know, the other one) but I'm a big Star Trek fan so it should be great!
Old 05-11-99, 12:06 AM
BearFan

I just finished watching it. Like the other ST DVDs, there are minimal extras (trailers and a cheesy featurette). However, the sound and picture were outstanding, better than the other ST DVDs, which were quite good in their own right. With this movie, particularly the outdoor scenes, the surround effect was awesome.
Old 05-11-99, 07:45 PM
DVDRules1

Click here for my review:

DVD Review: Star Trek:Insurrection