Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Africa the Serengheti (sp?)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Africa the Serengheti (sp?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-99, 03:14 PM
elipkin

Wow!!! That's all I can say. I rented the disk and was totally amased by the quality (and I have seen many good looking movies). Bothe sound and video are superb.You can pretty much randomly pause the disk and see a great looking shot. If you are interesed in the subject at all it is an awesome disk. Even if you are not you might like to see it
Old 04-30-99, 06:33 PM
HeatSeeker

I got Africa The Serengeti and Antarctica free with my Samsung DVD player. They were my very first dvd's. Love them both. Two great IMAX movies people should have in their collection.
Old 05-05-99, 01:16 AM
DarkElf

I just got back from hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro and a 5-day safari on the Serengeti 2 months ago. Naturally, I was estatic about this DVD and ordered it right away. The picture is crystal clear, the colors are vibrant, the sound is fine. But you know, I was kind of disappointed. It was so short (yes, I know, IMAX movies are short), I felt cheated. With only 40 minutes, they simply couldn't do more than just a very quick overview. So much was left out. And near the end when they show the Ngorongoro Crater, they missed the boat. They really needed to scan (correct term?) the horizon from left to right and show the entire crater. The crater is quite simply the most amazing site I've ever seen.

So as long as you won't be disappointed by the brevity, the DVD is wonderful. I have such terrific memories of my trip, perhaps I really wanted/needed more than just an overview.

If you've never been to East Africa, I can't impress on you enough to plan a nice long trip there. It was more breathtaking than the Everest region, in my opinion. Drop me a line if you're interested in more info.

-- Stephen