Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'American Psycho' (Blu-ray)

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'American Psycho' (Blu-ray)

Old 07-06-07, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Talk review of 'American Psycho'

I read Daniel Hirshleifer's DVD review of American Psycho at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=26938 and...

Just got around to viewing this disc. I would agree that the picture is very murky at times and no care has been given to this film. I believe that with the picture the quality that it is, as well as Lionsgate didn't port over all of the features, that this should have a 'Recommended' rating, rather than a 'Highly Recommended'.
Old 07-06-07, 08:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I felt the movie was important enough to garner a highly recommended rating. As has been said before, and will be said again, the actual review is far more important than the star ratings or the two word recommendation.
Old 07-06-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only features that weren't ported over from the old unrated release were EPK interviews with Christian Bale and others. Its hardly a major loss.
Old 07-07-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the extra features that wern't ported over to the new disc arn't a major loss.
Even if the video & audio was so horrible it would be considered the worst transfer ever to DVD, I would still Highly Recommend the DVD if I was a reviewer here. Based on the fact that the movie alone is easily enough for that recommendation.
Old 07-07-07, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the movie myself, just when I am looking to justify upgrading my copy, and I turn to DVDTalk for recommendations, I tune into the two word recommendation in sorting out the good DVDs from the bad. I hope that most people take the time to read the reviews and don't base their decision on a 1-5 catagory.

I don't want this thread to turn into the many others out there debating reviewer bias. I am just expressing my view that while I love the movie, the picture and sound quality of a next-generation disc is not up to my standard of "highly recommended" on a sorting table.

As of this date, Daniel Hirshleifer has given two "DVD Talk Collector's Series" ratings, ten "Highly Recommended", four "Recommended", nine "Rent It", and one "Skip It" for Blu-Ray. It seems through reading these reviews, that if the film itself is "good", then it generally receives the "highly recommended" rating, thus I can understand the reasoning and justification of why the two word recommendation was given.

Last edited by Dysoman; 07-07-07 at 03:21 PM.