Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 03-06-06, 05:29 PM   #1
CAB

DVD Talk review of 'Newsradio: Season 3'

I read Aaron Beierle's DVD review of Newsradio: Season 3 at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20384 and...the last show "Injury" is the last show from the second season. What's it doing in the Season 3 set? If someone knows, please let me know. Also, if you try to watch the episodes one-at-a-time on the 3rd disc, it is impossible to access Show #23, "Mistake". The disc keeps returning to the prior show, "The Real Deal". The only way you can get to "Mistake" is to fast forward in the watch-all-episodes mode to the location of Show #23. Season 3 of News Radio is, otherwise, excellent.
Old 03-06-06, 06:34 PM   #2
MEJHarrison
DVD Talk Special Edition

As I recall Injury was a season 2 episode that didn't get aired until season 3. For whatever reason, Sony decided to include it on both sets. I guess there are worse things that could have happened.

My Collection - DVDProfiler 3.0 - DVD Aficionado
Old 03-08-06, 01:22 PM   #3
Meglos
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB
Also, if you try to watch the episodes one-at-a-time on the 3rd disc, it is impossible to access Show #23, "Mistake". The disc keeps returning to the prior show, "The Real Deal". The only way you can get to "Mistake" is to fast forward in the watch-all-episodes mode to the location of Show #23. Season 3 of News Radio is, otherwise, excellent.
I've not had this problem with my disc.

The "Injury" episode was held back a year due to the word "penis" being spoken by Bill McNeil twice. Go figure.
Old 03-08-06, 08:18 PM   #4
David Cornelius
Emeritus Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
As I recall Injury was a season 2 episode that didn't get aired until season 3. For whatever reason, Sony decided to include it on both sets. I guess there are worse things that could have happened.
The story goes like this: Sony couldn't figure out if fans considered it a S2 or S3 episode, so they intentionally covered their bases and put it on both sets, figuring it would cause the least amount of grumbling (on the off chance no S3 set was made, at least fans would get a "complete" S2).
Old 03-09-06, 02:12 PM   #5
hailmyname
Cool New Member

Well Sony must be going nuts with that episode becuz it looked more like a season2 episode and why put it on both the sets, its better if its included in s2 only.
Old 03-09-06, 06:27 PM   #6
MEJHarrison
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailmyname
...its better if its included in s2 only.
I guess the studios just can't win. Had it been excluded from either season, there would have been complaints about that as well.

My Collection - DVDProfiler 3.0 - DVD Aficionado