Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

28 Days Later

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
28 Days Later

Here is UpcomingDiscs.com review of 28 Days Later...

http://www.upcomingdiscs.com/dvd_rev..._where=studios

Brief Overview...

"A terrific disc, and a terrific film. This is one of those horror movies that will still be written about years from now. Highly recommended." - David Annandale
Old 09-23-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
If the R1 disc is anything like the R2, it should be pretty good.

Of course, if you loathed the movie like I did YMMV...
Old 09-24-03, 03:56 PM

In our review of the upcoming R1 DVD, we discuss the film's three alternative endings in some detail, should anyone be interested - http://filmfreakcentral.net/dvdreviews/28dayslater.htm

Bill C
Old 09-25-03, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
If the R1 disc is anything like the R2, it should be pretty good.

Of course, if you loathed the movie like I did YMMV...
Such a strange choice of movie to loathe. It may not be the best movie ever made, but it is far from the worst.

I can name a dozen other movies this year more worthy of loathing. Have you seen Cabin Fever?
Old 09-25-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i also loath this movie. felt alittle slow in between the jumps, lots of it seemed unessessary, and many of us laughed at guy in a maids out fit towards the end.
Old 09-26-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally posted by Josh Z
Such a strange choice of movie to loathe. It may not be the best movie ever made, but it is far from the worst.

I can name a dozen other movies this year more worthy of loathing. Have you seen Cabin Fever?
Just because I "loathe" a movie doesn't mean it's one of the worst movies ever made. That having been said, 28 Days Later was not only a collossal disappointment for me, it seemed to be a poorly-made rehash of dozens of better zombie/horror films. I guess I expected more from the director of SHALLOW GRAVE, TRAINSPOTTING, and THE BEACH (a very flawed but still underrated flick.)

Just an opinion, folks.

I haven't seen "Cabin Fever", it might be even worse, it could be a bonafide classic. But I had pretty high expectations with 28 Days Later, and they simply weren't met. In fact, the film didn't even come close.
Old 09-26-03, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
and many of us laughed at guy in a maids out fit towards the end.
I don't think the guy in the maid outfit was being played as high drama.
Old 09-26-03, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

we were sort of laughing more as a fact that this movie is kind of stupid (that was the majority of the audience got pretty restless about the 1 hour moment.)
Old 09-26-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
Just because I "loathe" a movie doesn't mean it's one of the worst movies ever made. That having been said, 28 Days Later was not only a collossal disappointment for me, it seemed to be a poorly-made rehash of dozens of better zombie/horror films. I guess I expected more from the director of SHALLOW GRAVE, TRAINSPOTTING, and THE BEACH (a very flawed but still underrated flick.)
Funny, I haven't liked any of his previous movies but really liked this one.
Old 09-29-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People's expectations were wrongly raised by the studio's advertising of this film.
Old 09-30-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by harosa
People's expectations were wrongly raised by the studio's advertising of this film.
What did you expect them to do, promote it as, "Here's a movie you're going to think sucks"?

This isn't Gigli.
Old 09-30-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I thought this movie was going to be SCARY as all the previews hyped it up to be. However, I found it NOT scary at all....now, it was a decent movie if you don't want a SCARY movie. But I was let down because of the hype....I still may rent it on DVD though, just to get another viewing
Old 09-30-03, 04:37 PM
Banned

I like this movie, it was more original then most hollywood horror movies, cut them up in the first 5 mins. Then later someone gets infected and slowly dies for 20mins then turns evil and turns on his friends, we've all see that right. I like the movies when a girl is out on a date and gets into a zombie attack, like thats when it's really going to happen of all times. "and I was going to give him my cherry" then he just turned evil.......

I just love all of Danny Boyle work.

This movie was scary but in a mindful way like 12 monkeys is, I cryed at the end of that movie everytime.

In this day and age of terrorist attacks something like this could really happen with smallpoxs, it could wipe out the world in just 24 hours, it almost did. It's a scarry idea, and I like how they blamed animal rights people for it in 28days, because they are the type of thoughtless people who would do something like this. Some stupied person breaks into a research center and steals a infected monkey with Ebola virus, ya that could happen. I am sure Bin Laden's people are planing it right now. I know it's a bit of a twisted reality, like you can just walk in. but it still could happen.

As long as people keep virus on ice it could happen. but just not likely.

Last edited by Joe-buck.ca; 09-30-03 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-30-03, 07:45 PM

I'm a big fan of this movie. It wasn't exactly SCARY, but very very tense. It was great.
Old 10-01-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DJ_Longfellow
Yeah, I thought this movie was going to be SCARY as all the previews hyped it up to be. However, I found it NOT scary at all....now, it was a decent movie if you don't want a SCARY movie. But I was let down because of the hype....I still may rent it on DVD though, just to get another viewing
Honestly, what is scary anymore? Just about anything that can be done in a horror movie has been done by this point.
Old 10-02-03, 06:04 PM

great movie. brilliant. great story. great visuals.
Old 10-02-03, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

also, please do not, I repeat do not turn up the sound, during the quiet moments! (i'll repeat this in the main forum when the flick actually comes out), it really it that quiet, (and the jumps are really loud, and come out very unexpecting)
Old 10-02-03, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rypro 525
also, please do not, I repeat do not turn up the sound, during the quiet moments! (i'll repeat this in the main forum when the flick actually comes out), it really it that quiet, (and the jumps are really loud, and come out very unexpecting)
I love how in most modern horror this has replaced actual scary stuff.