Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help finding new 19-20" TV

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help finding new 19-20" TV

Old 03-08-01, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a college student and I need to get a new TV. I have have been looking at getting a 19" or 20" TV. I would like to keep the price under $200 (I know this is low). I have run into problems because I would like to have an S-video or component connection on the tv for DVD hookup. I would also like to have audio output (to go to my receiver). Am I crazy for hoping to find a 19 or 20 inch with the features in my price range?

I have found a Panasonic 20" Tau that has all the hookups I would need. The price on that is just under $300. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on a TV.
One last thing. Does anyone know of any sites to get reviews on TV set? I have only found reviews of 27 inch and larger TVs.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Drew
Old 03-08-01, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard to find a good 20" with S-video ans/or component connections for under $300. A new Toshiba 20" model is coming out that may go around $299 at a Best Buy. The Wega 20 is $350-ish and I don't recall if it even has S-video.

Generally 27" is the size point for what you are looking for, but the $$ may be a bit above $200