Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 03-27-17, 09:56 AM   #1

Multi-room DVR questions

I currently only have a DVR in one room (been that way for 10 years) so I don't know what the latest and greatest in the technology is.

I am going to moving into a larger house soon and would like to have multi-room DVR in atleast two different rooms - main TV and basement movie room. A big feature I want to take advantage of is being able to record more than just two shows at once. I think we are going to go with Verizon Fios for the provider. What is the best way to go about this? Does their multi-room DVR enable the recording of more than two shows? Or is that a different level or service? From what it sounds like is it just enables you to watch a show in one room and then pick it up in another. I don't really care about that.

Is an alternative just to have two separate DVRs that are not on a multi-room option. Would the two then be able to record two shows each for a total of 4?

Or are there other options...like TiVo... that I should look into?
Old 03-27-17, 01:19 PM   #2
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Multi-room DVR questions

I actually have 2 Verizon Fios multi room DVRs. Each can record 2 shows at a time and share with each other so whatever is recorded on one box can be viewed in the other and vice versa. I also have a Tivo Roamio, which can record something like 6 shows at a time. So you have some options, but obviously with some cost. Tivo has a monthly cost and the cost of the unit plus cable card rental from VeriZon. The Fios multi room dvr is also an additional monthly charge.
Old 03-27-17, 01:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahgee View Post
I actually have 2 Verizon Fios multi room DVRs. Each can record 2 shows at a time and share with each other so whatever is recorded on one box can be viewed in the other and vice versa.
So between the two Fios DVRs you can record 4 shows at a time?
Old 03-27-17, 06:14 PM   #4
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's right. As long as you are not watching anything live on TV you can record 4 shows with 2 multi room dvrs.